2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

Based on 1284 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

By on Friday, September 3, 2010

By on Sunday, July 8, 2007

By on Thursday, June 28, 2007

It is The TRUCK!

By on Friday, November 7, 2008

"This is the best truck that i have ever owned. The ride and handling are great. I have gotten 21 mpg on a trip, and it is a 4x4. More people should look at this truck and drive it to see how good it truly is."

Watch out Toyota

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"Having owned several GM vehicles over the years, this is without question one of the best vehicles GM has ever built. The fit and finish is tight, the paint is superb, the performance is surprising. Have been unable to find any defects or build issues. The 5.3L will snap your neck back if you catch the gearing just right. The steering is fun and the truck handles better than many cars. The interior is comfortable and will put you to sleep on long highway trips. The Active Fuel Managment is seamless. Been averaging around 17.5 mpg. Have not always been a big fan of GM quality, but it looks like the light bulb has finally come on. Hope GM can keep it up so we can send the Toyota's packing."

A Real Truck

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

Pros: "Z71 option with 4wd is "the truck""

Cons: "None worth mentioning"

My Chevy is no "garage queen"! On the road or off, on the hunt or traveling, this is a great vehicle!

"This is my 3rd Chevy 4X4 and second crew cab model with the V-8 engine. Fuel management system is excellent and allows for reasonable fuel mileage ( 19Plus city and 26 plus highway). Remote start option is great in Illinois due to the cold winters. 4wheel option works well in both snow and mud. Leather seats are easy to clean and wear well. I bow hunt and need a truck that works well on the road and off plus is easy to keep clean (exterior and interior) Backup camera and parking sensors are a nice addition. Trailering package works well and is user friendly. Double console storage and 2 glove compartments are a good addition. folding rear seat is well planned and allows for good additional floor storage. Tow hooks and bed cargo loops are useable and conveniently placed. No complaints as the value holds well and the truck meets expectations."

Stop pinching pennies

By on Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pros: "Styling,power train"

Cons: "Lack of conveniences, cheapened out on tires"

"Have a '12 LTZ extcab like the truck but a lot of little features missing for a 46,000 vehicle: coin holder,underhood light, lack of storage,quality tires,(goodyear eagle ls2 are bottom of barrel comparable fords com w/ michellin or pirellies)case for manuals. truck drives looks great but think chevy's flagship p/u shouldn't be cheapened by omitting small conviences. sounds silly but when u live w/ a vehicle day in day out things that r common in much less expensive vehicles are expected in one that lists in the mid 40's"

My 2010 Silverado

By on Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pros: "Styling"

Cons: "Interior, brake problems"

"Not a bad truck, but it could use a little more low-end torque and a better interior. If you've owned trucks before, you'll know they all love gas...Barely 15 mpg out of this thing in mixed driving. Haven't had any major problem with the truck, but I've had some squealing and brake dragging that keeps returning. Truck's mechanically solid overall."

good to very good cond. one owner, no issues

By on Saturday, January 9, 2016

"this is My personal work truck.there are no mechanical issues with it looks good and runs great. The only service it has needed was a front end alignment. (other than regular services). It has a high top camper shell on it now that can go with it. It is in good cond. The paint matches the truck."

Best looking & most comfotable.

By on Sunday, April 7, 2013

Pros: "Cheaper in price & much more comfort"

Cons: "Front seats don't go forward easily to gain access"

"I've tried many others before buying a Silverado. Priced much lower then ford. Hated the ride ford gives & didn't care for any of the others. The last 3 have all been Chevy Silverados! Yes I've owned at least 50 vehicles including ford , dodge, Etc. Do yourself a favor & test drive the Chevy Silverado! I know I'll never buy anything but!!"

Don't care for this truck

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

"This truck has small leaks with both engine oil and transmission fluid, but the dealer doesn't see that as much of problem. They tried to make a fix on the trans fluid leak, but that didn't stop it. The dealer tells me that some seeping isn't "unusual" out of these trucks. It's something I shouldn't worry about. The transmission could also be smoother. It has a tendency to shutter and slip in the morning. I can understand it not performing at it's best in colder temperatures, but should it slip and shutter? It also runs hotter than I think it should in warmer temps. If the outside, temp is about 80F-100F, the trans will run about 180-220 with no trailer or load. the tires on this truck are now 3/4 worn with just 18000 miles. I've never needed tires this soon! I'm also disappointed in the 5.3L's performance. It's gas guzzling and underpowered when compared to Ford, Dodge, and even the Japanese brand truck's engines. I also have many complains about how plain and poorly made this interior is. Power door lock switch stopped working days after buying the truck, interior cabin lights flicker with the hazards on every time, and this interior needs more storage, better controls for the head lights, and easier reach for side pockets. And what is up with the upper glove box? Its shape and size make it hard to stuff anything in it. My last issue with this truck was the passenger clam door wouldn't fully lock. The upper latch completely broke. I don't know why this truck has had so many small issues, but it's become very annoying."

Super-poor quality!!!

By on Friday, August 19, 2011

Pros: "Nice styling, that's about it"

Cons: "Too many things have failed on it, with less than 20,000 miles!"

"2008 Chevy Silverado, Crew cab, 6.0L V8, bought brand new off the lot. I normally ride my motorcycle every day. Have had this truck for two years and eight months, and have less than 20,000 miles. Have had it in the shop at least four times!!! Had to have my electric heater on the windshield washer fluid cut, and reimbursed $100 for the factory defect. Have had to have the door locks on the passenger doors (front and back) replaced each. Have my Stabilitrak fail. Body mounts failed and had to be shimmed. Steering column component failure. Etc Etc Etc For a $38,000 MSRP truck, this thing is a piece of junk!"

Great Truck

By on Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"Had the truck for almost 4 years. GM backed up any defects of which there was only one. comfortably holds six people. Great family truck with plenty of room. Very smooth ride. Wished it had a little more power on the uphill climb but that is my only complaint. Towed fine and was very dependable."

Great truck

By on Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pros: "Very dependable"

Cons: "I got the crew cab wish I had the long bed as well"

"I have driven it 6 years and it has never broke down on the road with me. MPG is not a big issue with me but the 4.8 V8 gives me 19 around town and 20 on the highway. When I go somewhere I never think of my truck not getting me there. It has been so dependable."

Awesome

By on Sunday, December 2, 2012

Pros: "21 miles per gallon, yet comfortable and powerful."

Cons: "not easy to park"

"This has to be the best truck ever built.The rear camera is great for backing up to my camper, as I can see exactly where I am at, and can "hook up" without a helper. The 5.3 V8 gets better mileage than the less powerful 4.8 V8. It shifts to a 4 cylinder when the motor is under a light load, and, seamlessly shifts back to a V8 whenever power is needed. Mine is the "Crew Cab" and the "split" seats easily fold up when not in use or you need extra room in the cab. Only drawback is the turning radius makes it hard to park, but that is true for all crew cabs."

Headache

By on Monday, October 1, 2012

"I bought a Silverado used with just 11000 miles. It's been headache from the time I bought it. The transmission is very, very irritating. The truck surges too much at lower speeds, shifts erratically and slips in colder weather. Dealer has done nothing about the truck but tell me that's 100% normal. My power steering fluid began leaking almost 3 months after I'd bought it, but dealer did take care of that. My other complaint is the rear dif cover is leaking. Dealer tells me this is normal as well."

Love this truck

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Pros: "Not bad on gas for 8 cyl. Fun to drive!"

Cons: "No cons love the truck!"

"I bought this truck new and I LOVE it! It is reliableand strong! I have never has any issues with the truck. For an 8 cyl it is not bad on gas, it is equivalent to the 6 cyl.so you get the power of the 8 without.the huge gas bill!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals