2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

Based on 1290 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

2011 Z71

By on Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Pros: "Good handling and economy."

Cons: "Needs another power outlet."

"Excellent ride! Fun to drive and economical (18+mpg) 5.3V8. No complaints at all. Handles as well at interstate speed as working in the field. Can't go wrong."

By on Saturday, January 10, 2009

By on Monday, July 16, 2007

By on Monday, July 9, 2007

By on Sunday, July 8, 2007

By on Thursday, June 28, 2007

Good truck for the price

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "power,comfort,looks"

Cons: "tend to rust quickly"

"Im happy with my silverado but id be more happy if i didnt have rust on the rockers and bed on truck thats 4 years old.Besides that the truck drives great and the power is there!"

Good running truck - Poor mileage

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "Good looking - smooth handling - good power"

Cons: "Poor mileage - weak rear springs"

"Nice running, good handling, roomy truck. Plenty of power for pulling a light trailer. Rear springs are not heavy enough to carry much weight. Had to replace with 3/4 ton springs to be able to carry 1000 lbs without the rear end dragging. Mileage is rated at 14/18 mpg. Never got over 14 in town or on the highway."

Best Truck i have owned in a LONG time.

By on Friday, September 30, 2011

Pros: "Great ride quality, plenty of power, great fuel consumption."

Cons: "price you will pay alittle more for the quality, but the reliability is second to none."

"Starting from the exterior the overall design of the truck is both rugged and sleek. From the Lo over High beam headlights to the chrome accented rear bumper. Exterior chrome accents are tastefully place weither it be the door handles to the half mirrors. to the smallest parts like the "SILVERADO" lettering above the body side molding. Moving to the Engine, it is both powerful enough to tow the heaviest of loads but when cruising around town it features a timid and more appealing quality with its refined fuel consumption. The interior is well appointed and very simple from the steering wheels controls down to the stereo controls. Seats are comfortable and plush along with being well bolstered for support."

Finally have a truck again

By on Friday, October 22, 2010

"I bought the truck because it was my favorite in terms of appearance but after having drove it around I now think it is the best looking of all the full size trucks. I also chose this truck because I am a land surveyor and our fleet is all chevy trucks. We put our work trucks through abuse I'd never inflict on my own vehicle. Even after all that they continue to perform great. Now is this the best truck ever made? No...plain and simple. The Dodge offers independent rear suspension (finally, out of the dark ages!!) and rides much better. The Fords tend to have more comfortable interiors I noticed during my shopping but as for the tailgate steps and helper bar, you must be joking. The Tundra is, well, it's just really big but I'm not buying a Japanese vehicle that gets worse fuel mileage than it's American competitors. There are other trucks with benefits here and there. My main issue with the Silverado is the absolutely inexcusable all plastic cheap interior feel. Is there plastic in other cars and trucks? You betcha but in my last BMW the plastic was formed and assembled in a way that felt like quality. Chevy could do the same. Speaking earlier of fuel economy, go ahead and get ready to visit nearly all of the gas stations in your area...but hey, it's a truck not a Smart Car. Overall, I love this gas guzzling, plastic piece of union assembled America and I'd recommend it to anyone."

Best truck so far

By on Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"I bought my crewcab LTZ 2 1/2 years ago. No problems at all. This is my first Chevy. I have had alot of trucks Ford, Dodge, Toyota and this Chevy is hands down the best so far!"

LOVE THIS TRUCK

By on Friday, October 17, 2008

"THIS TRUCK RIDES JUST AWESOME! LOVE THE FACT IT TAKES E85 FUEL TOO.....THE ONLY CHANGE I WOULD MAKE IS THE MATERIAL OF THE SEATS......HAIR AND LINT REALLY ADHERE TO IT! YUK!"

Great Truck, minor ergonomic issue, V6 weak

By on Friday, October 17, 2008

"I've been driving my 2008 1500 for 10 months now. Base model with the 4.3 V6. I love the truck but have a few gripes. The truck is a no frills work truck with manual windows and you cannot crank the windows up or down with anything in the "convenient" molded door water bottle holder. This seems like the designers really goofed. The 4.3L V6 seems very marginal in this truck with any kind of load or pulling anything at all. I traded in an F150 with the 4.6L V8 and I really did not expect much difference in the power, but there is."

2008 Z71 LT1 4WD

By on Saturday, September 13, 2008

"I love this truck. I think its even better than the Toyota. Gas mileage 19 to 20. I love the 170 degree rear doors, power rear windows, onstar, MP3 jack, remote start, dual climate info center, XM radio, radio controls on steering wheel, auto 4wd (toyota dont have) just to name a few. I have NO regrets so far with this truck. The only thing I dont like about the truck is the material the seats are made of. They hold on to every little piece of lint and hair. They are hard to keep clean. Otherwise the seats are very comfortable. Other than that...no other complaints. I have had the truck for almost a year. So far, Chevy has done a great job with this truck."

Excellent

By on Saturday, June 9, 2007

"I drove Ford pickups for many years. The new Silverado is light years ahead of Ford. I traded off a 2004 F150 with the 300 horse 5.4 for a 2007 Silverado with the 315 horse 5.3. I marvel at how the 5.3 is quieter, smoother, has more power, and is averaging 2 to 2.5 mpg mroe than the Ford!!With the Silverado's quiet ride, I now have no urge to consider a Crown Vic or Camry for a "Sunday car"."

buy a toyota

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

Pros: "Drives nice"

Cons: "Rusty frame and 8 to 12 mpg."

"Mexican Rust Bucket 8 to 12 mpg MAX! Dealer says rust is normal for a 3 month old truck."

Stop pinching pennies

By on Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pros: "Styling,power train"

Cons: "Lack of conveniences, cheapened out on tires"

"Have a '12 LTZ extcab like the truck but a lot of little features missing for a 46,000 vehicle: coin holder,underhood light, lack of storage,quality tires,(goodyear eagle ls2 are bottom of barrel comparable fords com w/ michellin or pirellies)case for manuals. truck drives looks great but think chevy's flagship p/u shouldn't be cheapened by omitting small conviences. sounds silly but when u live w/ a vehicle day in day out things that r common in much less expensive vehicles are expected in one that lists in the mid 40's"

Transmissions problems, hot temp performance

By on Sunday, July 1, 2012

"My 2011 Silverado has been having issues that the dealer won't fix. The transmission flares and shutters in colder temperatures with 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd gear shifts. If the outside temp starts rising, and if the traffic flow slows down (stop and go), the trans becomes very rough. If you drive it long enough, the trans will begin to surge violently and drive like it was being bumped by the car behind you. Shifts are almost always erratic. The other problem has been the engine's performance in hot temps. If I see outside temps over 95 degrees, the engine starts to clatter and bog down. You could floor the pedal and feel as if the engine had lost half its horsepower. The engines revs, but it can hardly accelerate. Almost every trip to the service department has been for nothing. They keep telling me the same story. "No defects" were found on the truck. I believe that's nonsense. I've already had a second opinion, The mechanic agreed that there were issues. I believe the transmission's surge is actually a very common problem with GM trucks. My neighbor had told me that their company GMC had very similar issues."

My 2010 Silverado

By on Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pros: "Styling"

Cons: "Interior, brake problems"

"Not a bad truck, but it could use a little more low-end torque and a better interior. If you've owned trucks before, you'll know they all love gas...Barely 15 mpg out of this thing in mixed driving. Haven't had any major problem with the truck, but I've had some squealing and brake dragging that keeps returning. Truck's mechanically solid overall."

It's a pickup, not a Cadillac

By on Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Pros: "durable and reliable"

Cons: "blind spots, small backseat"

"Quick Summary: When using this truck for work, it functions like a dream. When on a multi-state road trim it's a little rough. The lower trims don't have many features (of which I added what I wanted) and it rides like a truck. It's a much smoother ride than my last truck, but it's still not a smooth "Cadillac" ride that people seem to be expecting from a truck these days. The back seats of the extended cab are a little too tight for a full-sized adult, and it has a larger than average blind spot. I did some work (below) to up it's low combined fuel economy as well. Overall, this truck does great when used for the purpose it was built for, work. It also makes a good fishing / hunting truck, with it's capable 4WD. Review Details: I bought this truck at it's one year old mark, specifically for a work truck. I run all through Colorado in this truck, hauling parts for utility work including pipe, sand and gravel. I never expected it to be a comfortable ride, I just need a truck with a long life and a strong powertrain. The seats are comfortable, but the ride is stiff unless the truck is loaded down more than 500 lbs in the bed. Smooth as silk after that. I've been through muddy jeep trails in the mountains with it, and it's done fine. I've been up and down the mountains with more than 1000 lbs of material and been fine. It rips stumps from the ground with ease. However, it is rough if you decide to take 4 adults three states away for a fishing trip. The back seats are too small for people with legs, and if you move up (I'm 6'3") then you're both mildly uncomfortable. But if it's just me +1, than it's a good ride for a pickup truck. Upgrades: I've added a spray in bed liner, this is a must for any truck in my opinion. It also has a saddle box (the toolbox most pickups have across the bed) for tool storage. The truck was a little rough on gas when I bought it, so I did a few things for that: I added a cold air intake system, I changed out the exhaust from the muffler back, and I added a "chip" to the truck. These brought my city mileage up from 15 to 17 MPG. It bumped my highway up one when going 75 MPH; but when going 55 MPH, I have seen 26 MPG to be reasonably expected. I even managed a two mile trip of 40 MPG at 45 MPH. I also changed out the stereo system for one with Bluetooth calling and iPod connectivity. The speakers were average, but I replaced them and added a 10" sub under the rear seat at the same time. It's not that the system is bad, it's that I spend way too much time in there. I also have plans for side steps for the truck, as it sits kind of high and shorter people tend to slide on my seat (and this will eventually ruin the cloth cover) as they get in and out. I will also be adding the "camper" side mirrors. The truck has a huge blind spot on either side of the cab. I have the standard mirrors currently, with "bug-eye" mirrors stuck to the corners. I test-drove a truck with the bigger mirrors and find them to be more useful for me. They do block some of your front corner view, however. Service: I follow GM's recommended service schedule and use fully synthetic oils in everything. I do all my own work, because I'm just cheap like that. Oil changes are relatively simple if you have a strap wrench for the filter, as it's partly covered. Transmission services, however, are a different story. You have to actually remove part of the exhaust system to get the transmission filter out. GM "thought" of this and supposedly made the exhaust removal easier; but any mechanic will tell you that getting exhaust bolts off (even ones only 50,000 miles old) is almost impossible to do without breaking one. I've drilled out two bolts so far to replace them. I'm seriously considering paying someone else to do it next time, because it was that big of a pain in the backside. Interesting note, like most GM truck owners, my transmission cooler lines began to leak around 80k miles. I decided to fix this myself. This was also a difficult service that required removing the exhaust for my big hands to reach the little retainer clips. Dealer quoted me $200, I paid $50 for parts and $20 for a tool to get the darn clips out, and it took me 5 evenings. Pros: I love this truck overall. It's a hard working truck, and has happily taken any work I've thrown at it. I treat it like a 3/4 ton and it still looks brand new as far as engine / transmission are concerned. There's no oil leaks and no signs of problems. The body is dinged up pretty good, but no rust has shown on it as of yet. I fully expect this truck to last past the 200,000 mile mark before something becomes un-repairable, and I hope to make 300k. I also love the amount of storage in the cab. They took this away in 2010 I believe, but I have a center console with storage under the arm and the seat underneath that also holds a ton of stuff. There's two glove boxes (that hasn't changed through 2013) and there's an aftermarket part to add more storage under the rear bench as well. As for handling, I can whip around a corner and accelerate pretty well for a truck, I'd say above average. 0-60 mph in 6.5 and Quarter Mile in 15 was my unofficial times. Again, it's a truck. Cons: I'll start of with the blind spots on the truck. They're huge. You could lose a small car (i.e. Eagle Summit) back there if you're not careful. The camper mirrors would be a big help here. I also wish they'd mark that the mirrors are heated, because I didn't figure this out for three years. The back seat is cramped for an adult. It'd fit a child just fine, or a shorter person, but there's no way a 6'3" man will fit back there. The fuel economy left much to be desired in the city, as the AFM never gets a chance to do much good. I also find the Silverado difficult to do repairs on myself, so I'd imagine that garages will charge more hours for work as well. The Silverado rides a little rough for my wife, but I drive tractor-trailers and top-kicks on occasion, so it's nothing to me. For the few that care, the turning radius is wider than my old truck as well, and the internet claims that it's wider than the previous generation of Silverado by a foot if I remember correctly. I have to three-point turn when in any residential street, and there is no such thing as a U-Turn for me unless I have more than three lanes to work with. My specific truck Specs: 2007 Silverado 1500 LT-II Extended Cab (4Dr) 4 Wheel Drive (with "Auto 4WD" and shift on the fly functions) "Mid-size" bed (or the 5 & 3/4 foot bed. The actual size is 78.7 inches) 143.5 inch Wheelbase Suspension front is coil over and rears are leaf springs Disc Brakes on the front, drum rears Standard Power Rack steering K10753 Body 4-L60E Transmission 5.3 V8 Gas OHV Distributorless Naturally Aspirated SFI Electronic FI MFI (Upgrades detailed above) 317 hp @ 5200 RPM (with upgrades) 341 lb-ft @ 4400 RPM (with upgrades)"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals