• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

Based on 1185 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Best Truck I ever owned.

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

"Support the USA and buy american. Best truck ever. Like a Rock."

4.8 not great for tow but good otherwise no proble

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "20 trips pa to nc loaded 16 to 20 mpg"

Cons: "some things cheap like consul an lighter caps"

"still looks great and holds good value"

the truck is spotless no dents or mecanical proble

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "great driviving vehicle"

Cons: "no cons best truck i have owned"

"this vehicle has a life time oil change and transferable 7 yr transferable 84000 mile ext warrenty"

you get what you pay for

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "It's a nice riding truck. Comfortable to drive in"

Cons: "VERY,VERy poor quality in my opinion"

"Purchased this new in Feb 09 about 10K - front rotors warped (warranty covered about 15K - rear brakes sticking (warranty covered At 20k I find the rims are corroding terribly. They are pitted, coating came off in spots. about 37k - check engine light small evap leak (dealer said gas cap.. hah $150 Very next week - check engine light AGAIN -same code(dealer said now fuel pump leaking - warranty) DID I NEED THE CAP, PROBABLY NOT! Dealer insisted it was bad anyway About 38k - power door locks failing. $100 About 50k - power window switch bad. not fixed yet AT 52K noticed rust on bottom edge of tailgate AND on the inside of the rear bumper About 58k - Front wheel bearing bad, wheel darn near fell off $395. This took out the front brake pads and rotor for another $300 NOW.... while doing my periodic checking of fluids etc.. I find the tranny a quart low :( (and it ain't leakin) So, YOU tell ME how you'd rate it! Then, to top it all off, I contacted GM to discuss these issues on two separate occassions when I had the problems around the 36K mark with the door locks and gas cap, looking for at least some partial help. On both occasions they convinced me to take it to the dealer for diagnosis and 'then we'll talk'. My fault for trusting their word. Never heard back from them either time and I had to contact them again after about a month to see 'what's up with this'. Both times they said 'sorry, can't help you' So, personally, after owning Gm vehicles for 30 years, I'm done with them."

Great truck with towing package

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

"I am the second owner and it's my first truck. It quickly became one of my favorite vehicles I've owned. MPG's are good for a full size truck, even better if you add a Diablo Intune with a custom ECU program. Gives better HP and torque as well. It has more than enough power stock, but who doesn't like more? I like the looks of this truck vs other trucks of the same year, except for maybe the Tundra. Honestly I like the Tundra more, but people want way too much for used ones. For the price, the Silverado is a better deal. However, the interior leaves much to be desired. It's very dreary with nothing nice to look at except loads of black plastic. Seats are quite comfortable and if you have the jump seat it provides a great place to rest your arm or do paperwork. The three cup holders is great in theory, but do not hold larger drinks very well. Better hope your drink has a cap on it or is in a can. Large fountain drinks do not stay in very well if you have to take a corner or stop abruptly. I had a large drink fly out and dump between the passenger side door and seat while going around a round-about on a Navy base. That was lovely. There's plenty of storage as well and adding a tool box under the rear seat makes the space very useable unless you want to put a sub-woofer down there. Overall, a really great truck. I have not had a single issue with it."

Chevy Silverado is the best.

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

"Purchased the truck new in 2008 and the only maintenance required, besides oil and filter changes, was front/rear brakes and battery. No mechanical problems."

Great pickup!!!

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, easy to drive, smooth ride, looks great."

Cons: "Gas, turning radius and LT interior"

"A really good strong pickup truck, I prefer chevy's over ford's. Has a good amount of power for the 4.8 version. The interior is the best, but thats if you get the LT model. The gas consumption can get 14 mpg city if you keep the RPM's at 2000-2500"

Great truck, gets lots of comments

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "Design, color, load capacity"

Cons: "Cab is small"

"The only drawback I have is, as compared to the 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 I had, the cab is not all that comfortable. Both my previous Dodge and my current Silverado were very comparable in equipment and options, but the Dodge cab was just enough longer front to back, that the seats had more adjustment room."

100,000/PLUS AND STILL GOING STRONG!

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "reliable, sturdy"

Cons: "poor gas mileage"

"OVERALL, HAS BEEN AN EXCELLENT TRUCK. Did have issues with front end having to do with 4WD. No fit and finish problems to speak of, though. Do wish the mileage was higher (getting a hair less that 20mpg on hwy., 17mpg in town.)"

Great and dependable truck

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "Great value"

Cons: "non"

"Best truck for the money!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for