2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

Based on 1292 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Best Deal on the PLanet

By on Sunday, January 6, 2008

"I was shopping for a 4WD vehicle to commute to work 35 miles one way up here in New England. Looked at Subaru Impreza and was floored by the ridiculously high price for a sub-compact car with LESS room than it had before in its older incarnation. In a fit of rage I drove to the nearby Chevy Dealer and spied a 2007 Classic Base 4WD short box work truck with Air, tilt radio, Dual climate, cloth split bench and abs, 200HP V6, 5spd manual for 16900 out the door. That sealed that deal - Id have to put up with the 16 MPG though. This is a good vehicle - the frame is not as solid torsionally as the older chevvys I owned in the 70's. I had trouble with the clutch master cylinder not disengaging the clutch fully but after a year I found a dealer who would fix it under warranty. This vehicle reminds me of the mid sixties cars I drove and loved as a youth and I got my retro ride with a 100000 mile powertrain warranty free! - Grumpy sidewinder in NH"

best truck i had

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"was with a ford didnt have enough power traded in for a 2007 1500 hd silvarado. pulls 18 travel trailer like its nothing. has the 6.0 gas on highway 22 and in city 15/16. A very outstanding truck keep it up GM."

love it

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"i had a dodge and it sat in the shop more than in my driveway.also could not get anything for a dodge on tradein.this chevy with the 5.3 and Z71 off road package is the best truck i have owned in years."

Super-poor quality!!!

By on Friday, August 19, 2011

Pros: "Nice styling, that's about it"

Cons: "Too many things have failed on it, with less than 20,000 miles!"

"2008 Chevy Silverado, Crew cab, 6.0L V8, bought brand new off the lot. I normally ride my motorcycle every day. Have had this truck for two years and eight months, and have less than 20,000 miles. Have had it in the shop at least four times!!! Had to have my electric heater on the windshield washer fluid cut, and reimbursed $100 for the factory defect. Have had to have the door locks on the passenger doors (front and back) replaced each. Have my Stabilitrak fail. Body mounts failed and had to be shimmed. Steering column component failure. Etc Etc Etc For a $38,000 MSRP truck, this thing is a piece of junk!"

buy a toyota

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

Pros: "Drives nice"

Cons: "Rusty frame and 8 to 12 mpg."

"Mexican Rust Bucket 8 to 12 mpg MAX! Dealer says rust is normal for a 3 month old truck."

A Real Truck

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

Pros: "Z71 option with 4wd is "the truck""

Cons: "None worth mentioning"

My Chevy is no "garage queen"! On the road or off, on the hunt or traveling, this is a great vehicle!

"This is my 3rd Chevy 4X4 and second crew cab model with the V-8 engine. Fuel management system is excellent and allows for reasonable fuel mileage ( 19Plus city and 26 plus highway). Remote start option is great in Illinois due to the cold winters. 4wheel option works well in both snow and mud. Leather seats are easy to clean and wear well. I bow hunt and need a truck that works well on the road and off plus is easy to keep clean (exterior and interior) Backup camera and parking sensors are a nice addition. Trailering package works well and is user friendly. Double console storage and 2 glove compartments are a good addition. folding rear seat is well planned and allows for good additional floor storage. Tow hooks and bed cargo loops are useable and conveniently placed. No complaints as the value holds well and the truck meets expectations."

Stop pinching pennies

By on Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pros: "Styling,power train"

Cons: "Lack of conveniences, cheapened out on tires"

"Have a '12 LTZ extcab like the truck but a lot of little features missing for a 46,000 vehicle: coin holder,underhood light, lack of storage,quality tires,(goodyear eagle ls2 are bottom of barrel comparable fords com w/ michellin or pirellies)case for manuals. truck drives looks great but think chevy's flagship p/u shouldn't be cheapened by omitting small conviences. sounds silly but when u live w/ a vehicle day in day out things that r common in much less expensive vehicles are expected in one that lists in the mid 40's"

This is the best truck I've ever owned

By on Saturday, July 23, 2011

Pros: "Great price, smooth rides, fast and safe"

Cons: "cloth seats do tend to attract lint like crazy"

"I've owned three different Silverado's (2008 LT Reg Cab / 2011 LT Ext Cab TX Edit / 2011 LT Ext Cab) over the past four years and I can safely say these are the only trucks I trust. My wife was cut off by some idiot and she ended up t-boning the other car at 50 mph. My wife walked away from that accident with only a scratch, the other people ended up with serious internal injuries. I work in law enforcement and have seen these trucks involved in head on collisions - each time the passengers have survived with very minor injuries. Each truck has achieved great mileage (16 to 18 mpg on average) and reached up to 20 mpg on long trips despite having more than enough power / acceleration. I'm a chevy guy for life."

2008 LTZ Vortec MAX 6.0

By on Wednesday, July 9, 2008

"I custom ordered this truck from GM and it rides worst than any other GM truck I have ever owned. The 4-speed trans is slow, sluggish. The 20''s wheels and Z60 handling package rides rough. I have a bad vibration from 68~ 75mph, dealer cannot fix so far. Steering shakes back & forth right to left & left to right. The 6.0 surges under part throttle load. GM's torque managment system really de-tunes the power of the new GMT900 series vehicles. I am a disappointed Chevy fan!"

Watch out Toyota

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"Having owned several GM vehicles over the years, this is without question one of the best vehicles GM has ever built. The fit and finish is tight, the paint is superb, the performance is surprising. Have been unable to find any defects or build issues. The 5.3L will snap your neck back if you catch the gearing just right. The steering is fun and the truck handles better than many cars. The interior is comfortable and will put you to sleep on long highway trips. The Active Fuel Managment is seamless. Been averaging around 17.5 mpg. Have not always been a big fan of GM quality, but it looks like the light bulb has finally come on. Hope GM can keep it up so we can send the Toyota's packing."

2011 Z71

By on Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Pros: "Good handling and economy."

Cons: "Needs another power outlet."

"Excellent ride! Fun to drive and economical (18+mpg) 5.3V8. No complaints at all. Handles as well at interstate speed as working in the field. Can't go wrong."

Strong and reliable

By on Monday, October 15, 2012

Pros: "Strong running, always starts, want a newer one."

Cons: "Hard to clean interior, more room in rear."

My truck with added aftermarket bumper.

"Bought my Silverado new in 07 and use it for EVERYTHING. It is my daily driver and has never left me stranded. The only reason for my low mileage is that I ride a motorcycle during the warmer months. PROS 4WD system is great, The AUTO mode is like having all wheel drive. Even in 12 inch deep snow pulling a trailer. Great power from the 5.3 v8, and avg. 350 miles per tank (27 US gal.) in the city and 400+ highway. Decent ride, although rides smoother under load or pulling trailer. Nice open views all around. No issues with posts being to big and causing blind spots. Mirrors nice and big. Lighting all around good. Headlights project out well when aimed properly and back up/taillights very bright at night even thru tinted windows. Cargo light a nice touch. Turning radius fair. Can be hard to get into tight parking lots but havent found a drive up/thru that was an issue yet. Interior well laid out. Gauges easy to see/read day or night. Center console armrest good height and location. CONS Exterior. Starting in 2007 Chevy put the 4cyl shutoff in the v8 to save fuel when less power is needed. I have noticed a slight hesitation when accelerating to pass and take off quickly. The body panels do dent/crease easily but again its a truck...it gets used like one. Interior. The seat cloth is like a magnet for fuzz, hair, and does take some work to get it to come loose. Room wise the rear seats are short on leg room if the front seats are back all the way. Fitting 2 adults up front and 2 smaller kids in back is ok but its cramped for 4 adults for any length of time. Nothing so far has broken or worn out prematurely inside and I am very hard on vehicles. The newer models (all star edition) come with more creature features I wish I had. Would definetly recommend them over the trim level I have."

My truck with added aftermarket bumper.

This truck is just okay

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pros: "Styling, ride"

Cons: "Interior, transmission"

"I've owned my Silverado now for about 10 months. I've not had any major issues, but I do have a few things I should point out. My truck already had a small leak from the rear of the transmissions and my brakes make scuffing sounds at 13,000 miles. It looks like the dealer got that leak fixed at about 12,000, but the brakes have started making noise again. I should also point out the problems with this truck's interior. It's just terribly cheap, it has very poor storage and I find the location of some controls to be very poorly placed. It maybe the worst interior of any large truck being sold. The last thing I should point out is that the transmission is pretty annoying. It's poorly geared and regularly confused. It's made worse with a pretty slow throttle response and an engine that could use some more lower end torque. Gas mileage isn't great, but you don't buy a truck for good fuel mileage. Truck feels very tight and solid, the ride is very quiet and comfortable. It's not a bad truck, and I am not unhappy with it, but it's not perfect. I would recommend other people look all the other trucks before they buy anything."

Nice truck, but everything squeaks and leaks!

By on Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Pros: "Really feeling as solid as rock."

Cons: "You'll need a bunch of oil drip pans."

"Brake fluid reservoir, engine oil, transmission fluid, rear axle oil...Almost everything drips or has build up on it! It's like nothing on this truck is tight. I've been to the dealer several times to have these problems fixed, but it's just never ending. I'm starting to give up on fixing these problems. The other problem I have is the with brake squeal, driveline clunking sounds and interior rattles. Nothing else on this truck has problems. Engine is smooth, body feels solid, interior is comfortable, starts and runs every morning. Can't say this truck has failed to be there when I've needed it, but it'd be nice to get the bugs ironed out."

Good truck for the price

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "power,comfort,looks"

Cons: "tend to rust quickly"

"Im happy with my silverado but id be more happy if i didnt have rust on the rockers and bed on truck thats 4 years old.Besides that the truck drives great and the power is there!"

Best truck so far

By on Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"I bought my crewcab LTZ 2 1/2 years ago. No problems at all. This is my first Chevy. I have had alot of trucks Ford, Dodge, Toyota and this Chevy is hands down the best so far!"

very disaponted with fuel economy .

By on Thursday, November 28, 2013

Pros: "not enough !"

Cons: "very poor fuel economy !"

"Great ride,good handling. first extended cab I have owned, very dificult to put anything in the back seat area in the garage ,or in a parking lot. fit and finish is very good. I have been driving and owning trucks for over 35 years and I can say this one gets the absolute lowest MPG of any half ton truck I have owned. GM will not stand behind their claim of 21 mpg hiway. I get 16 MPG on most trips traveled at 60 MPH,and 14 on the free way.very disapointed !!!"

Dependable Best Truck

By on Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"This is the third Silverado I have owned and like the others has been a great truck! 5.3L engine gets the same mileage my previous 4.8L had with more low end power. Fuel milage is around 16mpg in city on regular gas, 12mpg on E85. Highway mileage have acheived as high as 21 when cruising at 65 mph on regular gas, E85 is around 15mpg. Would not recomend E85 for highway as it consumes at a higher rate then in the city. Love the interior underseat storage on the 40/20/40 split seat, have installed GM accessory rear underseat storage which is a must have for carrying equipment. I also installed GM rear wheel house liners(should come from the factory). Stereo system is adequete. Mine is a 2WD, extended cab, power pack(5.3L), and interior upgrade package(power drivers seat, dual zone auto climate controls, bluetooth and audio controls). If you get a Silverado get the 17 in wheels as the 20's degrade the ride into a bumpy ride! Not as pretty but on long trips you'll be glad. Hands down is better styling and ride quality then the Ford and Toyota and when it comes to full size trucks I would never trust anyone more then my Chevrolet! I always have believed in buying American and this truck makes me proud to own a Chevrolet!"

Best looking & most comfotable.

By on Sunday, April 7, 2013

Pros: "Cheaper in price & much more comfort"

Cons: "Front seats don't go forward easily to gain access"

"I've tried many others before buying a Silverado. Priced much lower then ford. Hated the ride ford gives & didn't care for any of the others. The last 3 have all been Chevy Silverados! Yes I've owned at least 50 vehicles including ford , dodge, Etc. Do yourself a favor & test drive the Chevy Silverado! I know I'll never buy anything but!!"

GM won't stick by their warranty

By on Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Pros: "Great driving and riding."

Cons: "no cigarette lighter or ashtrays."

"GM refused to honor warranty due to vin number missing off of invoice and not taken to a dealer two days before Christmas and stranded in another state. Wheel bearing went on an interstate with no warning. Took out cv joint,rotor,caliper. The truck had 72000 miles. Since then the other wheel has a noise and they are saying its the tires and alignment. Took to GM dealer for the warranty and the plate number all matches the truck and they still wouldn't honor the warranty. This is a heck of a way to void a warranty. So if you get stranded better find a GM dealership and wait a few days for repairs. And hope it's not around a holiday."

Don't care for this truck

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

"This truck has small leaks with both engine oil and transmission fluid, but the dealer doesn't see that as much of problem. They tried to make a fix on the trans fluid leak, but that didn't stop it. The dealer tells me that some seeping isn't "unusual" out of these trucks. It's something I shouldn't worry about. The transmission could also be smoother. It has a tendency to shutter and slip in the morning. I can understand it not performing at it's best in colder temperatures, but should it slip and shutter? It also runs hotter than I think it should in warmer temps. If the outside, temp is about 80F-100F, the trans will run about 180-220 with no trailer or load. the tires on this truck are now 3/4 worn with just 18000 miles. I've never needed tires this soon! I'm also disappointed in the 5.3L's performance. It's gas guzzling and underpowered when compared to Ford, Dodge, and even the Japanese brand truck's engines. I also have many complains about how plain and poorly made this interior is. Power door lock switch stopped working days after buying the truck, interior cabin lights flicker with the hazards on every time, and this interior needs more storage, better controls for the head lights, and easier reach for side pockets. And what is up with the upper glove box? Its shape and size make it hard to stuff anything in it. My last issue with this truck was the passenger clam door wouldn't fully lock. The upper latch completely broke. I don't know why this truck has had so many small issues, but it's become very annoying."

Excellent

By on Saturday, June 9, 2007

"I drove Ford pickups for many years. The new Silverado is light years ahead of Ford. I traded off a 2004 F150 with the 300 horse 5.4 for a 2007 Silverado with the 315 horse 5.3. I marvel at how the 5.3 is quieter, smoother, has more power, and is averaging 2 to 2.5 mpg mroe than the Ford!!With the Silverado's quiet ride, I now have no urge to consider a Crown Vic or Camry for a "Sunday car"."

It is The TRUCK!

By on Friday, November 7, 2008

"This is the best truck that i have ever owned. The ride and handling are great. I have gotten 21 mpg on a trip, and it is a 4x4. More people should look at this truck and drive it to see how good it truly is."

My 2010 Silverado

By on Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pros: "Styling"

Cons: "Interior, brake problems"

"Not a bad truck, but it could use a little more low-end torque and a better interior. If you've owned trucks before, you'll know they all love gas...Barely 15 mpg out of this thing in mixed driving. Haven't had any major problem with the truck, but I've had some squealing and brake dragging that keeps returning. Truck's mechanically solid overall."

excellent work or play truck

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

"180000 miles in 3 years. Total cost due to parts failures less than 3000. Overall experience including service a solid 9"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals