• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

Based on 2909 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

the best chev i have ever own

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

"This was new in 99 it is very dependable and very good Transportation.I have replace the dual ex. replace all the break system front &back.replace Front and back break lines DUE TO RECALL . the engine is all org, nothing has been replace at all of it works real good .inside is all in very ex condition.no rips or tears in the seats or headliner. The out side is not been wreck or bang in to front or back.it has bug steal, window guards f & b. rail both sides.mud flaps f & b. 9000 labs tow bar . trailer light factory install . wheel locks on all 4 wheels. It has a custom lide cover on the bed with a lock. The collar of the truck is putter.(it don't show the dirt real good). All & all very good truck."

best vehicle ever

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "great price, fun to drive"

Cons: "Nothing"

Front

""I had this truck for about 10 years and its been a pleasure to own. Ive worked it hard hauling heavy loads in the box and on a trailer. It has cost me next to nothing to own with very minor repairs.that is it besides regular wear and tear parts." Original engine and transmission. Replaced the following items recently: New battery, new change engine oil, brake oil, and trans oil, replaced New spark plugs and wires at 111,ooo miles,and replaced front and rear brake pads. replaced rear calipers replaced tires last winter None of this is an exaggeration or fictitious, and I don't take it easy on the truck either. I use synthetic oil and change it every 5,000 miles. This truck has sold me on Chevrolet trucks period. Many others I have talked to have had similar experiences - they run forever. They drive very nicely too, I am very impressed and very happy. The truck does not burn or use any oil and runs flawlessly, has never left me stranded, and I love it, not because I'm a "fan", but because it has treated me very well.""

Front

Great Reliable Vechicle

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "Reliability"

Cons: "Normal Chevy rust on box"

"I bought this 4.8L V8 silverado 4x4 at around 90,000 miles. I now have 197,000 miles on it and it runs like a top. I have only had to replace the fuel pump and maybe a belt. This pickup has been great, no problems with transmission and doesn't burn any oil. I just keep up to date with normal maintenance and let it warm up before I drive it. I had never owned a car over 100,000 miles before this vehicle, and I had only ever owned Japanese cars. After seeing the reliability out of this Chevy, I will not hesitate to buy another."

owned Ford all my life-this chev is the best

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Pros: "just a great vehicle"

Cons: "piston slap on start up-not an issue"

"Go chev."

Disappointing truck I have ever owned

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "Poor quality"

Cons: "Reliability"

"Since I have owned this truck, I have replaced the thermostat twice, the fan resistor relay, the catalytic converters with the entire exhaust and the automatic transmission all with less than 80,000 miles. Fortunately the exhaust and catalytic converters were covered. The airbag light constantly comes on and off. A very disappointing purchase."

it very good truck

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

"the truck is very nice it also have twim pipe"

The best first vehicle ever!

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Reason: Couldn't pass up a great deal to buy my dad'struck

Pros: "Easy to drive,strong, powerful, smooth, looks good"

Cons: "None!"

"The best first vehicle ever! My dad bought "Big Blue" brand new when I was little and handed it down to me when I turned 15. 4 years and 65,000 miles driven by me; it's grown to be one of my most loved and valued possessions. From camping trips (many times towing a 30ft travel trailer at about 6,000 lbs), road trips (thousands of miles),everyday driving, hauling loads of yard material, furniture, kayaks, bikes, fishing poles; to towing trailers holding Marching band equipment, utv's, and cars: This truck has done it all without any complaints or failures (on the truck's part). With a humble 2wd, she's gone offroad in situations where a lifted Jeep would second guess attempting to navigate through the terrain. With very minor modifications limited to a k&n cold air intake and Magnaflow exhaust which combined were icing on the cake. 22 mpg was a common appearance on road trips. All in all, my relationship with my truck is closer than most, but aside from that a fabulous vehicle for anyone. The 5.3 is probably my favorite engine.... ever."

great work truck

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "great truck have all paperwork for anything done"

Cons: "rides stiff on roadwork areas"

"father owned it new@81 passed now i own"

Blast to drive right off the lot. Bought new.

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "New Michelin tires matched; Rear air shocks Bl Max"

Cons: "needs some paint work.Interior flawless. Embroide"

"New air shocks,"Airaid: cold air intake w/throtlebody vortech air chamber spacer. Cat back exhaust; :true two dual exhaust pipes @ 3'in/3' out; all welded. Flowmaster 40 exhaust mufflers. "Flashpack" superchips programmer.Dual floor mats; embroidered carpet mats & heavy duty rubber floor mats; no wear.Ice cold A/C & heat. Radio has the 'AUX button to control a 3.5 mm male jack for smart phone jack ins for music/ipods. FACTORY INSTALLED WIRE HARNESS FOR aux fUNCTION. fACTORY FOG LIGHTS. hEAVILY TINTED WINDOWS.Engine bay is immaculate.New delco High crank battery (5yrs) w/ foam insulation sleeve for cold winter driving.New radiator/rack & pinion power steering, with steering pump flushed & refilled. Brand new Michelin tires9 extra wide. Rides real nice."

i love this truck!

By on Sunday, September 28, 2014

Pros: "power comfortable seating good leg room drive awso"

Cons: "cant really think of any its a great truck!"

"I have owned this truck for years and has given me very little trouble just the normal things i hand the trans rebuilt at 195k water pump once fuel pump once then just reg maintenance."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals