2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

Based on 2976 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

Best Truck Ever

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "MPG eh, its a truck!"

"I've owned this truck for 8yrs! I got it w/ 86k on it and it now has 198k ! this truck is a beast, very few repairs over the years. Had to put a new diff in at 196k and a steering gear in at 150k. A/C blows colder then a brand new truck. This beast has been nothing but good to me. Thinking of selling it but I know I'm not letting it got for less then 7k. Gonna buy a new when I get what I want for her, good thing is i'm in no hurry so i'll wait until somebody knows the true value of a good ole american truck, 5.3 Z71 LT!(when LT meant something)"

Excellent reliability....

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Pros: "Great value for the price. Comfortable to drive..."

Cons: "????"

"I have owned this vehicle for 12 years. I purchased it with 45,000 miles on it and have had very few times to maintain it. It has over 335,000 miles and all I have had to replace or repair is rebuild the transmission at about 300,000 miles. Replace the fuel pump at 275,000 miles and one coil pack at about the same time... I change the plugs and wires every 100,000 miles and keep synthetic oil in it. It starts with the first turn of the key..... Best vehicle I have ever owned...."

Darn Good Truck

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, Stylish, Durable, Workhorse"

Cons: "Center console latch"

"Great truck. Only ever left me sit once (fuel pump went) which is notorious for these trucks. Anyways, it was extremely comfortable, reliable, etc. I used it for towing as well frequently and it held up pretty good. You could feel you had a trailer on (we're talking a big construction trailer, not a little home depot trailer-probably not recommended but it worked!) but it still got the job done. Hauled everything from a dump trailer full of dirt to other Silverados. Was a little sluggish on hills with a trailer but not too bad, hottest day of the year (high 90's) took a 3 hour trip with it with the trailer (loaded with a Camaro), last hour was mountains and huge hills, and the truck held up great, temp stayed stable. Anyways, as for the non trailering aspect, the truck was a dream to drive on highways, floated like a cloud. Fuel efficiency wasnt bad either for a full size truck. Body has held up pretty good, she's getting some rust through now but for a truck that sees salt all winter then dirt roads the rest of the time it has held up pretty good. This is definatly a truck you can depend on during the week to get the job done then clean it up and have a stylish ride for the weekend."

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "FUN, Fun to drive, still has great value."

Cons: "High maintenance costs & poor city gas mileage."

"Best truck "I" have ever owned, reliable, responsive, 450-500 mpg, per tank of gas on a long trip, very comfortable ride on a good road. Power is amazing, this truck has it & it's effortless. Still turns heads 8 years later, She's kept showroom ready at all times. Again, BEST TRUCK "I'VE EVER OWNED."

The best truck I have ever owned.

By on Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Pros: "maintainence cost are low."

Cons: "styleing starting to look dated."

"I drive 600 to 700 miles a week and usually trade in every 4 years. This truck just keeps on going. The paint has held up and the interior has held up also. It is not as powerful as it once was but that is to be expected at this mileage. The only things replaced have been batteries and brakes."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals