2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

Based on 3004 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

awesome

By on Friday, May 22, 2009

"ive got 291000 and no probs so far..."

Good truck for money

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"No problems in 23,000 miles. Does have drivetrain cluck when shifting gears. Dealer states normal. I found what I believe is excessive play in tailshalt and rear pinion. I have averaged 22-23 mpg at 70-75 mph. Good ride, but seats are low for short people. No locking glovebox. Comes with cheapy General tires. Allready showing 50% wear. I believe better truck $/mile than competition. Cheaper long term maintenance. You could actually access components for maintenance. Would recommend auto trans. Dual air control is nice and works pretty good."

First Chevy I have owned, I love this truck.

By on Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Pros: "Dependable. Lots of room inside."

Cons: "2 WD, manual locks and windows"

"I find that the vehicle has lasted a long time for the value of price paid. I purchased this 2005 in September 2006 with 12,000 miles on it and now I have 180,000 miles. I keep maintenance up to date. I have replaced the normal wear and tear items (brakes, etc.). I replaced ball joints, U-Joints, Mid-Shift bearing, etc. The only major issue is around 100,000 miles I needed a new distributor. This truck uses a roter and cap, but last about 100,000 miles. I would liked to be able to sit a little higher, there is a lot of head-room above the driver, and passenger, so is good if you're really tall. I'm 5' 7"."

I am original owner

By on Sunday, May 3, 2015

Pros: "Trustworthy. Good runner, warrior worth it!"

Cons: "Inside is in need of cleaning, cleans up nice!!!"

"I bought this vehicle Sep 2002 new from dealer. My family lived in Tennessee near Florence Alabama. I drove to see my elderly parents at least one a year if not two, sometimes three times during (2010 - 2014) last parent passed. It has a "Fold-A-Cover" tonneau cover which I was employed by the manufacturer at the time of purchase. Runs excellent. Starts every time. Has normal Mich wear & tear... can still squeek the tires from a stop sign/and a turn! It has 242,000 some miles and you'd never know it driving it. I'm a woman and have trusted this very vehicle to carry me back and from MI to TN winter, summer, spring & fall... 4 wheel auto was the best invention. I'm short so this truck is my baby. Needs a bath & cleanup interior... carpets need cleaning but all are in good shape but the driver's side has some wear & tear from the MI salt dogs. It a good looking truck, after nearly 13 years this Sept. Got to see and drive.."

Bought new. Still daily driver.

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Pros: "Durability, reliability, looks and comfort."

Cons: "So tight, -need to slam doors to latch right."

"I order and bought 15 years ago and this is still my daily driver. This is the best "thing" I've ever bought. Would drive it across country tomorrow. I have a new one sitting in the garage, would rather drive this. Still drives good, looks good, incredibly reliable. Only mechanical failure is an 85 dollar alternator a year ago. Two cars have been totaled out hitting it, it's had some sheet metal repair, never any mechanical problems."

One of the best all around trucks

By on Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Pros: "Driving is easy. Plenty of Power. Decent on gas!"

Cons: "Gauge cluster stop working at 97000."

"Plenty of power for towing. For a full sized truck it is decent on gas about 18.5 mpg around town and highway mixed driving. Easy to see out of. Cab is comfortable and plenty of room for 4."

Great Truck

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

"Bought new off lot in 2005. Have not had any issues with this truck except the HVAC control unit went out, cost about a 75.00 to repair. well worth the cost."

Best vehicle Ive ever owned.

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Perfect running truck to this day"

"Truck still looks brand new. Not had one major problems in 13 years. Motor is as strong as the day I drove it home! 165000 miles and Im sure will go 165000 more."

One of the fastest & best trucks i have ever owned

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and a show winner"

"Real good on gas for a 6.0 engine 18 + hwy. 15 city no problems great pick up"

great truck

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "dependable, capable, nice driving, comfortable"

Cons: "front wheel bearings don't last like they used to"

"Z71 package is phenomenal. great in snow and off road. this is a great truck. I have put a lot of miles on it, some of them at or well above its towing and hauling capacities and quite a few of them off road. with the 5.3 engine it has plenty of power to do anything you have any business doing with a half ton truck. I have pulled 3 tons of hay out of a river bottom hay meadow up a very steep hill and on down the highway, an over loaded u-haul across country, drove 4 hrs on the interstate so loaded down the axles were touching the over load bushings, and have pull started a fully loaded dump truck. I work in construction and love the great outdoors so believe me i have put this truck through more than it was meant for and it has been no worse for the wear. the back seats could use a little more leg room but are still adequate, I have had to replace both front wheel bearings. The 4 wheel drive once acted up because of a bad sensor, the ac/heater fan went out once, 1 or 2 of the back lights for the buttons on the steering have gone out and I had to replace the mass air flow sensor to pas inspection recently. I have 160,000 miles on the truck and have put it through its paces its whole life; it still runs and drives very well and doesn't burn any oil. it has been strong, dependable, capable, nice driving, easy parking, comfortable and easy to take care of vehicle."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals