2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

Based on 2971 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

Just a couple of issues

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "See above"

Cons: "See above"

"Instrumentation issue came up at 85,000; erratic speedometer was first clue; Chevy replacement was free with less than 70,000 miles; cost me $500 to replace instrument panel; don't think mileage should have been an issue for factory defect. Second issue is the driver's side heater control; from web, appears to be a chronic issue; no Chevy recall; driver's side vents just arbitrarily switch from cool to hot; damper lever does no good; shut off engine and it resets but may happen again in an hour or in two weeks; fuel pump went out at 175,000 miles; $900 to replace because you cannot buy just the fuel pump; bright side..........still running with original plugs, water pump, alternator, heater coil, etc. Never had front end aligned. Tires wear perfectly true, 60,000 or more per set. No transmission problems. Dependable except for heater electronic issues that cause me grief. Even with 247,000 miles, I just paid $835 to get catalytic converter replaced so I could get it inspected and keep on driving it."

Best Truck Ever

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "MPG eh, its a truck!"

"I've owned this truck for 8yrs! I got it w/ 86k on it and it now has 198k ! this truck is a beast, very few repairs over the years. Had to put a new diff in at 196k and a steering gear in at 150k. A/C blows colder then a brand new truck. This beast has been nothing but good to me. Thinking of selling it but I know I'm not letting it got for less then 7k. Gonna buy a new when I get what I want for her, good thing is i'm in no hurry so i'll wait until somebody knows the true value of a good ole american truck, 5.3 Z71 LT!(when LT meant something)"

Excellent reliability....

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Pros: "Great value for the price. Comfortable to drive..."

Cons: "????"

"I have owned this vehicle for 12 years. I purchased it with 45,000 miles on it and have had very few times to maintain it. It has over 335,000 miles and all I have had to replace or repair is rebuild the transmission at about 300,000 miles. Replace the fuel pump at 275,000 miles and one coil pack at about the same time... I change the plugs and wires every 100,000 miles and keep synthetic oil in it. It starts with the first turn of the key..... Best vehicle I have ever owned...."

Would I buy another???

By on Monday, October 01, 2007

"I've owned this truck since it was new in Sep 2002. I take great care of this vehicle and I do 90% of the oil changes. I have had a couple of problems with it, but nothing that has me swearing it off. First problem was the driver's side window motor came to me broken from the factory (should've been a sign). Then I've had to replace it 4 more times. The last two times were not under warranity and it costs $350 a pop. At 50K miles the fuel pump just quit. At 75K miles the battery terminal just fell off of the battery (orig. factory battery). The brakes are holding up really well. The rear brake pads were replaced around 50K and the front brake pads are still good to go. One big pain is the trailer light hook up connector, I have to constantly adjust/tweak this plug every time to connect it to the truck. The mileage is good for a 5.3L V8. I've pulled several different size campers and the largest was 21' RV. It pulled it but the suspension handled it without any problems. Being from Alaska, the truck does great in the snow/ice. I also drive on the sand dunes to go fishing and the 4WD works like a champ. The Auto-4WD is worth's is weight in Gold."

Darn Good Truck

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, Stylish, Durable, Workhorse"

Cons: "Center console latch"

"Great truck. Only ever left me sit once (fuel pump went) which is notorious for these trucks. Anyways, it was extremely comfortable, reliable, etc. I used it for towing as well frequently and it held up pretty good. You could feel you had a trailer on (we're talking a big construction trailer, not a little home depot trailer-probably not recommended but it worked!) but it still got the job done. Hauled everything from a dump trailer full of dirt to other Silverados. Was a little sluggish on hills with a trailer but not too bad, hottest day of the year (high 90's) took a 3 hour trip with it with the trailer (loaded with a Camaro), last hour was mountains and huge hills, and the truck held up great, temp stayed stable. Anyways, as for the non trailering aspect, the truck was a dream to drive on highways, floated like a cloud. Fuel efficiency wasnt bad either for a full size truck. Body has held up pretty good, she's getting some rust through now but for a truck that sees salt all winter then dirt roads the rest of the time it has held up pretty good. This is definatly a truck you can depend on during the week to get the job done then clean it up and have a stylish ride for the weekend."

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "FUN, Fun to drive, still has great value."

Cons: "High maintenance costs & poor city gas mileage."

"Best truck "I" have ever owned, reliable, responsive, 450-500 mpg, per tank of gas on a long trip, very comfortable ride on a good road. Power is amazing, this truck has it & it's effortless. Still turns heads 8 years later, She's kept showroom ready at all times. Again, BEST TRUCK "I'VE EVER OWNED."

great reliable daily driver, a real sweetheart

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "very comforable to drive quiet smooth trustworthy"

Cons: "remove the evap emissions system only sore spot"

"I have owned this truck for7 years , used as a work truck. I have taken very good care of this truck , just wish it had heavier duty back breaks. 1 caliper is a bit under sized I feel. But all in all it is still a very strong runner ,just time for me to retire and let someone else love her!!"

Quality and durability

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

"I bought this truck new with 20 miles and it now has 175,000 miles. 5.3 V-8 which does not burn oil. I did have to replace the transmission at 117,000 miles. Many of the miles were cross country in mountainous terrain towing a 20' bass boat, out in UT, ID, AZ and NV. I just replaced the alternator at 175,000 miles and both front wheel bearings at 168,000 miles. Other than the transmission the repairs have been what one would expect after so many miles."

Extremely reliable truck

By on Sunday, July 08, 2012

Pros: "MPG (20-22), Performance, Exterior Design"

Cons: "Turning radius, interior"

"I bought this truck 4 years ago and have been more than surprised by how well it has performed. I have had this truck since approximately 70k miles and have not had any major repairs needed. I keep up on all the maintenance and it has not failed me. It has never not started or had any malfunction lights come on. The vehicle was priced well over its Dodge and Ford counterparts, even though it lacked a lot of the cabin technology those makes offered. It made up for that in engine quality and gas efficiency."

a real truck

By on Sunday, June 21, 2009

"I never experienced a factory defect or mechanical problem even with extreme punishment and abuse, which is the most important thing about a truck right. Beyond the obviously reliability, Chevrolet provided good features that make this truck comfortable and easy to drive. I purchased my truck new and even after 54,000 hard miles everything functions as it did when it was new, i would recommend this truck to anyone in the market for a tough yet well mannered truck. Take it to the city for a night on the town on Saturday and to the work site on Monday."

Excellent vehicle

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pros: "Great to drive."

"Excellent vehicle, great to drive, no major problems, drives just as well as day one."

Great riding vehicle with good gas mileage

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

"Very few mechanical issues. It has been a great vehicle. Very comfortable to drive, Gets around good in the snow and mud."

I think this is a good truck butttt....

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

"I think this is a ver good truck so that's why I am dumbfounded when I see how look the kbb value for this vehicle is. It doesn't go above 3000 dollars only slightly above 2000. I typed in virtually the same truck but 1 year older and it's value was 5000 dollars typically. I just feel that this should get examined. Thank you"

One of the absolute best cars i have ever driven!

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

"This car is so easy to drive it pretty much drives itself. The sleek design of it makes it not only the best car to drive, but the best looking as well. I highly recommend this car to anyone that is seeking a well built, good looking easy to drive chick magnet of a truck."

Solid and reliable

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, AWD"

Cons: "Weight, fuel mileage"

"Purchased my 2004 Arrival Blue SS Silverado in 2005 with 5600 miles on it. This truck has been nothing but reliable and fun to drive. The AWD has been the best feature for this truck. I'm able to drive in winter conditions with ease and the torque at acceleration is a blast. I've performed all the maintenance at the required intervals and have never had any mechanical issues. Just hit the 110,000 mark and the truck still looks great and performs like it did when I purchased it. The only complaint is the fading of the stereo/heater buttons from normal use (typical GM issue)."

SET ASIDE GAS MILAGE, BEST TRUCK TO DATE

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "LOTS OF POWER, LEATHER, HEATED SEATS, BOSE STEREO"

Cons: "13MPG HWY, TORSION SUSPENSION"

4"CST LIFT 33"BFG'S 2"BLOCKS 2WD

"MY ONLY COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS TRUCK IS THAT IT USES TORSION BAR SUSPENSION UP FRONT AND ITS NOT VERY NICE TO YOU WHEN YOU CRANK ON THEM AND ADD A SPINDLE LIFT PLUS BFG A/T TIRES. OTHER THAN THAT, ID TAKE THIS TRUCK OVER A DIESEL FOR RELIABILITY AND IM A HUGE DIESEL FAN. I HAVE NEAR 60K MILES AND BOUGHT IT BRAND NEW. NEVER LETS ME DOWN AND IS VERY DEPENADABLE. WISH I WOULD HAVE GOT THE 4X4 BUT OTHER THAN THAT, NO COMPLAINTS. THIS TRUCK WILL MAKE IT TILL 300K NO PROBLEM."

4"CST LIFT 33"BFG'S 2"BLOCKS 2WD

Coolest truck I've ever owned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Sunday, February 02, 2014

Pros: "all wheel drive, horsepower, held its value!"

Cons: "poor gas milage"

"I love my SS! I use my Truck for everyday driving. It performs fantastically. I'm an old hot rodder and get into the occasional drag race with a Mustang, Challenger,or even a Lightning F-150 and as long as they are stock ,like my SS i clobber them. Its great in the winter as I live in the Ozarks where the small mountains and hills are treacherous in snow. I've never had trouble even in 14 inches of snow. Great truck!!!!!!!!"

Amazing, reliable, comfortable truck

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Strong, Family Freindly."

Cons: "Gas"

"My dad had this truck for 10 years and passed it down to me 2 years ago and i just hit 230,000 miles and it still runs wonderfully and still strong as ever"

Great truck, very reliable and useful

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pros: "good price, reliable, useful, and fun to drive"

Cons: "bad brake lines, should have been epoxy coated"

"This truck has been very reliable and comfortable to drive, handle and maintain. It has been very useful over the years and even though 10 years old still looks brand new. The only thing I can say bad about the truck are the brakelines which rotted a few years ago and had to be replaced, since they weren't epoxy coated."

Best truck I ever owned

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "21 mpg 23 mpg on highway"

Cons: "surface rust on rocker panels"

"288,000 miles with original transmission and engine. Only major repair was a water pump. Kept it serviced and fresh fluids and filters. Great job GM!"

Great truck!

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

"A tough, dependable truck. The only thing I've replaced are the brake pads. And that was after 11 years of service. Other than that, I've changed the oil once a year or so, and have changed the serpentine fan belt a couple of times. I hate doing maintenance."

Fullsize Truck/ Good Value

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

"Never owned a truck, until I was 25, bought out the lease on this fleet vehicle for around $5500 bucks, came with every service/emission/ and inspection verification known. Bought it with 139,500, put 130,500 mi on it and the only thing I've changed is oil every 6000(Mobile One Full synthetic 10-30) corroded brake lines and front/rear brakes/rotors, for what I paid, for what I got vs whole market value, it was a steal- Satisfied Consumer"

very strong and comfortable truck

By on Friday, March 08, 2013

Pros: "strong engine,drives great"

Cons: "none comes to mind"

"Great running truck 5.3 is all stock and with 262000 still Very stout and gets 17.4 mpg locally. the trans was rebuilt bout 2K ago. This is a great truck I Definitely recommend it..."

Love this truck

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "comfort, power, looks good"

Cons: "gas mileage not great"

"I really love my 04 Chev truck. Lots of power, comfy ride, tows like a champ and does not get stuck. If it got better gas mileage, I would never own another vehicle."

LOVE MY TRUCK

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Reliability is great!!!"

"I bought this thing with 180,000 and have worked it for the past 20k pulling my 16 foot trailer and hauling all kinds of stuff. This thing is a work horse and have had no problems. It's already paid for itself. Good gas mileage and power for a V6."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals