2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

Based on 2971 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

Just a couple of issues

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "See above"

Cons: "See above"

"Instrumentation issue came up at 85,000; erratic speedometer was first clue; Chevy replacement was free with less than 70,000 miles; cost me $500 to replace instrument panel; don't think mileage should have been an issue for factory defect. Second issue is the driver's side heater control; from web, appears to be a chronic issue; no Chevy recall; driver's side vents just arbitrarily switch from cool to hot; damper lever does no good; shut off engine and it resets but may happen again in an hour or in two weeks; fuel pump went out at 175,000 miles; $900 to replace because you cannot buy just the fuel pump; bright side..........still running with original plugs, water pump, alternator, heater coil, etc. Never had front end aligned. Tires wear perfectly true, 60,000 or more per set. No transmission problems. Dependable except for heater electronic issues that cause me grief. Even with 247,000 miles, I just paid $835 to get catalytic converter replaced so I could get it inspected and keep on driving it."

Best Truck Ever

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "MPG eh, its a truck!"

"I've owned this truck for 8yrs! I got it w/ 86k on it and it now has 198k ! this truck is a beast, very few repairs over the years. Had to put a new diff in at 196k and a steering gear in at 150k. A/C blows colder then a brand new truck. This beast has been nothing but good to me. Thinking of selling it but I know I'm not letting it got for less then 7k. Gonna buy a new when I get what I want for her, good thing is i'm in no hurry so i'll wait until somebody knows the true value of a good ole american truck, 5.3 Z71 LT!(when LT meant something)"

Excellent reliability....

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Pros: "Great value for the price. Comfortable to drive..."

Cons: "????"

"I have owned this vehicle for 12 years. I purchased it with 45,000 miles on it and have had very few times to maintain it. It has over 335,000 miles and all I have had to replace or repair is rebuild the transmission at about 300,000 miles. Replace the fuel pump at 275,000 miles and one coil pack at about the same time... I change the plugs and wires every 100,000 miles and keep synthetic oil in it. It starts with the first turn of the key..... Best vehicle I have ever owned...."

Would I buy another???

By on Monday, October 01, 2007

"I've owned this truck since it was new in Sep 2002. I take great care of this vehicle and I do 90% of the oil changes. I have had a couple of problems with it, but nothing that has me swearing it off. First problem was the driver's side window motor came to me broken from the factory (should've been a sign). Then I've had to replace it 4 more times. The last two times were not under warranity and it costs $350 a pop. At 50K miles the fuel pump just quit. At 75K miles the battery terminal just fell off of the battery (orig. factory battery). The brakes are holding up really well. The rear brake pads were replaced around 50K and the front brake pads are still good to go. One big pain is the trailer light hook up connector, I have to constantly adjust/tweak this plug every time to connect it to the truck. The mileage is good for a 5.3L V8. I've pulled several different size campers and the largest was 21' RV. It pulled it but the suspension handled it without any problems. Being from Alaska, the truck does great in the snow/ice. I also drive on the sand dunes to go fishing and the 4WD works like a champ. The Auto-4WD is worth's is weight in Gold."

Darn Good Truck

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, Stylish, Durable, Workhorse"

Cons: "Center console latch"

"Great truck. Only ever left me sit once (fuel pump went) which is notorious for these trucks. Anyways, it was extremely comfortable, reliable, etc. I used it for towing as well frequently and it held up pretty good. You could feel you had a trailer on (we're talking a big construction trailer, not a little home depot trailer-probably not recommended but it worked!) but it still got the job done. Hauled everything from a dump trailer full of dirt to other Silverados. Was a little sluggish on hills with a trailer but not too bad, hottest day of the year (high 90's) took a 3 hour trip with it with the trailer (loaded with a Camaro), last hour was mountains and huge hills, and the truck held up great, temp stayed stable. Anyways, as for the non trailering aspect, the truck was a dream to drive on highways, floated like a cloud. Fuel efficiency wasnt bad either for a full size truck. Body has held up pretty good, she's getting some rust through now but for a truck that sees salt all winter then dirt roads the rest of the time it has held up pretty good. This is definatly a truck you can depend on during the week to get the job done then clean it up and have a stylish ride for the weekend."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals