2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

Based on 3004 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

great when new...not aging so gracefully

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, Options and features"

Cons: "fuel mileage! Wear on engine."

"I've had good luck with this truck. It is nicely equipped and a very comfortable ride. Does truck stuff well too, although the 4wd actuator had to be replaced. Its starting to nickle and dime me now, the motor smokes bad on start up too, valve seals I'm told are a common problem with these 5.3's... she doesn't pass many gas stations though!"

Dependable, dependable dependable

By on Sunday, December 25, 2011

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "original fuel pump overheats, ft disc brakes"

"270,000 miles with everything original except fuel pump, water pump, AC compressor and shocks (not counting tires, belts and filters). Still runs like new."

Best truck ever

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

"i have had my truck four years all i have done to it was change oil and brakes. oh the only thing i don't like is the arm console most everyone that i have seen the hinge on the arm-rest console is broken there should have been a recall on that."

Best used vehicle I have ever owned!!!:):):)

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

Pros: "Reliability, price, comfort....speachless"

Cons: "Value goes down quite a bit:("

"Originally bought with 90,000 Mi. and in 4 yrs. I added almost another 90,000 mi. PROBLEM FREE!! This truck has not ONCE broken down on me and EVERYTHING still works as it did when I first bought it. Routine maintenance done always and Im going to keep this truck forever. Thanks Chevy for another great vehicle!!"

great truck

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "hauls great, responsive, handles good for a truck."

Cons: "gas mileage isnt the best, misfires easily."

"the 5.3 is a great motor, but always seems to have a problem with misfires and slight wrist pin knock. they run great, nice looking vehicle. worth the money as they hold value very nicely."

One of the best trucks I've owned!

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "Good riding pickup on and off road."

Cons: "The 17" tires are bit costly to replace."

"I get 18 MPG. The best mileage I've ever gotten with a full size 4X4. The dealership I deal with keeps wanting to buy my truck. They say there is a big demand for them so I think I'll keep it for a while longer."

Very dependable, still looks great!

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pros: "Dependable and looks good."

Cons: "Fuel gauge failing after 10 years."

"Great truck. We have kept this truck longer then we planned just because its been so dependable. There are little things that needs to be repaired from time to time, however the engine and drive train are solid."

Built Chevy Tough!!! Awesome!

By on Friday, October 7, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, solid, a true pickup truck!"

Cons: "None!"

"Owned a 'few' new vehicles over the years... Our Chevy Silverado has been the most reliable and maintenance free (besides the recommend maintenance) one that we've ever owned! It's 11 years old now and still a beautiful running machine! Interior looks great and engine purrs!!!"

I love my baby blue

By on Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, great to look at."

Cons: "Bad gas mileage."

"My dad bought me this truck when I was 15, I am 21 now. It already had a 4 inch lift and over-sized tires. I fell in love at first sight. Out of all the chevy truck years of the past 2 decades, I think this model looks the best. The only mechanical problem I had was a tranny issue 5 years ago. My father got it repaired and I haven't had any problems since. Except when I had my friend take it into mud and he jumped it accidentally, and broke the axle shaft. But it was an easy fix. Got the part the next day, and took it to the shop and he fixed it before my parents ever found out."

Best Truck Ever

By on Friday, September 9, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive year around, and dependable"

Cons: "Fuel economy poor 13 to 17 highway"

"My father bought it at 50,000. He enjoyed it for several years till he passed away. His wife or my mom drove it for several months by then it had 118000 on it. She wrecked it. The truck was hit in front with major front body damage and frame damage, it was totaled. I bought it back and rebuilt it with all new parts, body wise. Painted it, got frame fixed and i swear that after all its been through. It runs, drives, and looks like new. It really takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Best of all its "made in the U.S.A." It has the hard to beat 5.3 v-8, you take care of them and they will run well into the 300,000 mile range or higher. The 99 to 02 body style has good looks as well as durability. Buy American!!!"

great truck, but a little expensive

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

Cons: "to expensive"

"Have owned the truck for 10 years, with all the bells and whistles, had to repair the transmission due to me towing my camper in overdrive, insted of tow hall, after seven years moter runs just like it came out of the factury, never failed to start. fiberglas finders will not rust, all electricaal features work well after ten years, one of the electric mirrows will not work.had to replace the brake lines going to the back wheels, just last mounth"

garbage

By on Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"i bought my truck alittle over a year ago and started driving it about four months ago i've driven 15000 miles and it now has 55000 on it the only thing that hasen't broke on it is the gas tank i've had to rebuild the entire front end wheel studs in the rear have all broke off heat controls went out twice seems very tin ey. and the tailgate dosn't latch very easy to name a few problems. It has never been off the paved road with me very disappointd with the newer chevys i would not recomend this truck to any one"

Very good condition truck

By on Saturday, July 18, 2009

"Everything is stock except the exhaust, Flowmaster 40 series true dual rear exit 3" tips cost $500 put it on about a month ago."

reliability

By on Thursday, July 2, 2009

"I got this truck in 2002, drove 50000 mile and the only problem was the delco battery last two year and they covered that never been back to the shop in 7 year as of today 2009. no trouble at all. toyato beat that!"

Best Buy!

By on Monday, June 1, 2009

"We have a 99 Silverado 1500 LT Extended Cab with a V8 engine. Hands down, this is the most comfortable vehicle we have ever owned. It has never failed us, always starts, has plenty of power for uphill, freeway acceleration etc. We have never even had a brake job and we are at 80,000 miles (yes, that is not a lot of miles...this is a creampuff, OK?) Had a friend with the same vehicle and he too didn't need brakes replaced until 100,000 miles! We will probably own this truck unitl we die. Based on other reviews - we should have another 300,000 plus miles to go! GM did this right."

Best Truck I've Owned

By on Monday, May 18, 2009

"For a first year issue, GM did a great job of getting the bugs out before putting this truck on the market. I have had very few problems with it and those have been minor (tailgate cable problem and a few squeaks her and there). It has always started, Has never left me high and dry, has pulled some loads a F250 had a difficult time with and the paint still looks like new 10 years later. The optional V8 motor has more power than you would expect and has run extremely well with no problems at all. Fuel economy has been between 18 and 24 MPG and I nearly always have something in tow (boat, camper, utility trailer or 26 foot enclosed hauling trailer). I plan on keeping this truck for the next 10 years at least!!!!"

Reliable Tow Vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"Excellent ride. Reliable transportataion and tow vehicle for 28' travel trailer. Only issues over last 7 years was a water pump at ~ 50K and steering column issues as described in service bulletin. Replaced power mirror switch and power window motor myself when vehicle was over 100K. Good consistent gas milage between 17 and 19 all around, drops to 9 with camper (what can you expect). 130K and still going strong."

Agreat pickup

By on Monday, September 29, 2008

"I bought my 2005 Chevy in 2005 it is the first Chevy I have owned in over 30 years. This has been and still is a great truck it has 89000 miles and with out a tune up still averages 18.5 M.P.G and a better ride then I ever had with Ford or Dodge. It really is one of the best pickups I have ever owned."

great vehicle

By on Sunday, March 9, 2008

"bought new, has been a near perfect truck. Only 1 problem was the fuel system module had to be replaced at about 75000 miles,which was done by the dealership. Original brakes went 86000 miles before needing replaced. This Chevy has been a joy to own and drive."

Haaas

By on Saturday, March 8, 2008

"I have had my 2001 Silverado LS Extended Cab for about 5 years now. I bought it with 36,000 miles on it, and it now has 125,000 and still running strong. It is a very dependable truck to get you there and back fast (if you are heavy on the foot like me). I get around 18 city mpg and aobut 22, 24 mpg on highway, thanks to the superchip. Towing power is there also, I havent had any problems mechanically with it since I owned it. I believe it to be a very safe truck also, very dependable in rainy or any other weather situation. It handles better to me than the Grand Prix I owned before. I will definately buy another Silverado in the future."

great truck

By on Friday, March 7, 2008

"overall great truck. i have had no major issues and it has served me well. i have used it for towing heavy equipment as well as lighter loads and it did a great job. thos is a work truck for me as well as a great truck to take along the kids with the crew cab."

Most reliable truck ever!

By on Monday, February 25, 2008

"This vehicle has been my bread and butter." Couldn't live without it. Highly recommend this truck, without a doubt! Chevy may only get 150,000 miles on their cars before they fall apart, but trucks are one thing they really do well with! Wouldn't expect anything less than 300,000 miles with regular maintenance!"

Owned for 8 years

By on Monday, February 11, 2008

"I bought my Silverado ext 4X4 in the spring of 2000. It has had a few recalls and issues, but has never left me stranded. The major plus to that is: any used one you buy is going to have the issues like leaking water pump, thin transmission wiring/display problem, rusty tailgate cables taken care of. My Silverado has, hands down, been my favorite vehicle that I have ever owned. It is also the longest I have owned one vehicle. Things to watch out for, but not necessarily deal breakers, are: the driver's seat moves when accelerating or braking. the leather is cracked The rear rotors are rusted out (replace them yourself, it is easy. The fronts, on the other hand aren't so easy because the studs will need to be removed and reinstalled.) That is about it. If you find the dash display intermittedly going out, have the transmission wiring harness replaced. Unfortunately the display will probably have to be replaced too. That should take care of it though. The 2000 Silverado has been a great truck and I would often look at it with pride when I saw it. I have bought a 2004 Suburban to replace it, but haven't quite been able to give up the truck in the 3 months that I've had the Suburban. It's like saying goodbye to an old friend."

awesome truck

By on Thursday, February 7, 2008

"My Silverado is the family vacation tower. She has 60,000 miles on her and runs like the day we bought it. With just doing the maintance requirerments from the owners manual. Highly recommendedl"

Worst riding vehicle ever

By on Monday, January 14, 2008

"Bot 2005 4x4 chevy crew cab shortbed new, great power, worst ride ever. I had 1996 dodge, rode like a cadillac, 2005 chevy rides like your on an old farmall tractor. Plenty of room, lots of power, great gas mileage usually 20mpg even around town. May get rid of just because of ride. Would have kept dodge if known, I got 18mph, traded cause had 116,000 on it, thought I was upgrading, but wasn't..."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals