2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

Based on 3006 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

SET ASIDE GAS MILAGE, BEST TRUCK TO DATE

By on Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Pros: "LOTS OF POWER, LEATHER, HEATED SEATS, BOSE STEREO"

Cons: "13MPG HWY, TORSION SUSPENSION"

4"CST LIFT 33"BFG'S 2"BLOCKS 2WD

"MY ONLY COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS TRUCK IS THAT IT USES TORSION BAR SUSPENSION UP FRONT AND ITS NOT VERY NICE TO YOU WHEN YOU CRANK ON THEM AND ADD A SPINDLE LIFT PLUS BFG A/T TIRES. OTHER THAN THAT, ID TAKE THIS TRUCK OVER A DIESEL FOR RELIABILITY AND IM A HUGE DIESEL FAN. I HAVE NEAR 60K MILES AND BOUGHT IT BRAND NEW. NEVER LETS ME DOWN AND IS VERY DEPENADABLE. WISH I WOULD HAVE GOT THE 4X4 BUT OTHER THAN THAT, NO COMPLAINTS. THIS TRUCK WILL MAKE IT TILL 300K NO PROBLEM."

4"CST LIFT 33"BFG'S 2"BLOCKS 2WD

Quality and durability

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

"I bought this truck new with 20 miles and it now has 175,000 miles. 5.3 V-8 which does not burn oil. I did have to replace the transmission at 117,000 miles. Many of the miles were cross country in mountainous terrain towing a 20' bass boat, out in UT, ID, AZ and NV. I just replaced the alternator at 175,000 miles and both front wheel bearings at 168,000 miles. Other than the transmission the repairs have been what one would expect after so many miles."

LOVE MY TRUCK

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Reliability is great!!!"

"I bought this thing with 180,000 and have worked it for the past 20k pulling my 16 foot trailer and hauling all kinds of stuff. This thing is a work horse and have had no problems. It's already paid for itself. Good gas mileage and power for a V6."

Strong, but expensive to operate.

By on Sunday, September 13, 2015

Pros: "Good power, decent ride, nice interior."

Cons: "poor economy, poor paint,"

"I purchased truck new to use as tow vehicle and everyday general local travel. Very hard on gas, local and on highway. Average 13 mpg on highway, about 11.5 locally. Fuel economy drops to 8 - 9 when towing 7500 lb trailer. Mechanically very reliable vehicle. No issues with drive-ability at any time. Poor roadholding as backend breaks loose easily in hard turns, must always realize it is not a car. Poor quality paint, chips easily. I have had the grille replaced due to discoloration, replaced with GM product, and it is now bad also. Will look for another product when I have to get new truck."

Coolest truck I've ever owned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Sunday, February 2, 2014

Pros: "all wheel drive, horsepower, held its value!"

Cons: "poor gas milage"

"I love my SS! I use my Truck for everyday driving. It performs fantastically. I'm an old hot rodder and get into the occasional drag race with a Mustang, Challenger,or even a Lightning F-150 and as long as they are stock ,like my SS i clobber them. Its great in the winter as I live in the Ozarks where the small mountains and hills are treacherous in snow. I've never had trouble even in 14 inches of snow. Great truck!!!!!!!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals