2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

Based on 2975 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

this is the best truck ever, i bought it new

By on Tuesday, November 01, 2011

"BEST TRUCK EVER, I BOUGHT WHEN IT WAS NEW AND NOW HAS OVER 140,000 MILES ON IT AND IT RUNS LIKE NEW. I THINK THE REASON IT IS SUCH A GREAT TRUCK IS BECAUSE I DO ALL OF MY MAINTANCE AT THE DEALERSHIP. I EVEN PLOW WITH THIS TRUCK"

Very Good Truck

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Very reliable and good on long trips"

Cons: "Doesn't like small parking lots or tight spaces ."

"Does everything you ask it to do from hauling kids around to towing just about any thing you can put behind it. It is a good all around truck to have."

Very good, reliable vehicle.

By on Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pros: "value, comfort"

Cons: "gas mileage, have had to replace speakers twice."

"Owned a '97 F150 for 11 months prior to buying this Chevy. The Ford was in the shop 18 times in that 11 months for multiple problems. This vehicle has been in the shop twice. Once for a brake computer that failed and the other time for rework of rear brake system. Otherwise, it's been a reliable workhorse. Since the advent of ethanol my gas mileage has plummeted from 18-22 to 16-17. For a 6 cyl, that is poor in my opinion. The 18-22 I thought was awesome for a truck. Comfortable enough my wife and I take it on all road trips. Hard matching landau cap makes it very versatile and stylish. I'll keep it til it drops dead. Hope to see another 8-10 years out of it."

Love it, great quality, good mpg 17-25

By on Sunday, June 19, 2011

Pros: "fun, gets me through 12 inches of snow, just over all a great truck"

Cons: "nothin i can think of"

playin in the sand

"I bought this truck last fall after my last car blew up, It a 2000 Silverado 4.8L V8 with a 5 speed 4x4 and all the options and the 4th door. it had 105000 miles when i bought it, it GETS 17 MPG AROUND TOWN! and 25 Highway! and thats playing a little and gettin on it, I only paid $7000 and this it the BEST TRUCK I HAVE EVER DRIVIN, this truck has been very good to me, it works great in the winter with snow, although it does take a while to warm up in winter, and it is great during hunting season, ive brought it to heck and back and have only replaced a wheel bearing, i would highly recommend this to anyone lookin for a nice truck, I love mine!"

playin in the sand

99 Silverado Z71

By on Thursday, April 28, 2011

"Wanting a chevy all my life I finally stumbled across this 1999 Silverado Z71 on craigslist. The beautiful thing about it was that it had a lift installed and oversized tires meaning it has seen some horrible places. Upon buying it, it ran well beyond my standards. Never had a problem with the motor or the transmission. 4wd works phenonimally. For being a 1500 I tow a 5000lb load horsetrailer with 2 horses all the time with no problems to this day. Truck has exceeded my standards at work, in the mud, and on the road. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a reliable and extremely comfortable ride."

By on Friday, November 05, 2010

awesome

By on Friday, May 22, 2009

"ive got 291000 and no probs so far..."

"LIKE A ROCK"

By on Thursday, January 01, 2009

"I love my 2000 Z-71. I am the second owner, have owned this truck for over 6 years and have never broken down. The engine has an abundance of power, and shifts perfectly. With over 93,000 miles on it, it still feels like it did on day 1."

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2008

"This is the best Pickup truck that I have ever owned. Reliable, good on gas mileage, great tow vehicle."

Very Reliable Truck

By on Saturday, August 23, 2008

"I have had my 2006 silverado 4x4 for 2 years now and love it. It has been very reliable and performs great. The four wheel drive works perfect. I had a 99 siverado with the 5.3 before this one and this has been a better truck overall so far. I highly recommend this truck."

Good truck for money

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"No problems in 23,000 miles. Does have drivetrain cluck when shifting gears. Dealer states normal. I found what I believe is excessive play in tailshalt and rear pinion. I have averaged 22-23 mpg at 70-75 mph. Good ride, but seats are low for short people. No locking glovebox. Comes with cheapy General tires. Allready showing 50% wear. I believe better truck $/mile than competition. Cheaper long term maintenance. You could actually access components for maintenance. Would recommend auto trans. Dual air control is nice and works pretty good."

Best vehicle ever

By on Thursday, April 05, 2007

"We bought our Silverado March 20th, 2007. My husband has had a chance to pull our 16 foot fishing boat with it and he was very happy with its performance. It has all the power you need when you need it. The seats are very comfortable. It has a large interior which provides ample room for all people. The dash is laid out almost perfectly. The fuel management technology is very powerful and very fuel efficient. The first time we filled it up it was getting 17 miles to the gallon and it continues to improve. We are very happy with the truck and plan to buy another one in the future."

I am original owner

By on Sunday, May 03, 2015

Pros: "Trustworthy. Good runner, warrior worth it!"

Cons: "Inside is in need of cleaning, cleans up nice!!!"

"I bought this vehicle Sep 2002 new from dealer. My family lived in Tennessee near Florence Alabama. I drove to see my elderly parents at least one a year if not two, sometimes three times during (2010 - 2014) last parent passed. It has a "Fold-A-Cover" tonneau cover which I was employed by the manufacturer at the time of purchase. Runs excellent. Starts every time. Has normal Mich wear & tear... can still squeek the tires from a stop sign/and a turn! It has 242,000 some miles and you'd never know it driving it. I'm a woman and have trusted this very vehicle to carry me back and from MI to TN winter, summer, spring & fall... 4 wheel auto was the best invention. I'm short so this truck is my baby. Needs a bath & cleanup interior... carpets need cleaning but all are in good shape but the driver's side has some wear & tear from the MI salt dogs. It a good looking truck, after nearly 13 years this Sept. Got to see and drive.."

I love my SS!!!

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

Pros: "lots of power and looks great"

Cons: "gas milage"

"My SS has been a wonderful truck!"

Bought new. Still daily driver.

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Pros: "Durability, reliability, looks and comfort."

Cons: "So tight, -need to slam doors to latch right."

"I order and bought 15 years ago and this is still my daily driver. This is the best "thing" I've ever bought. Would drive it across country tomorrow. I have a new one sitting in the garage, would rather drive this. Still drives good, looks good, incredibly reliable. Only mechanical failure is an 85 dollar alternator a year ago. Two cars have been totaled out hitting it, it's had some sheet metal repair, never any mechanical problems."

One of the best all around trucks

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Driving is easy. Plenty of Power. Decent on gas!"

Cons: "Gauge cluster stop working at 97000."

"Plenty of power for towing. For a full sized truck it is decent on gas about 18.5 mpg around town and highway mixed driving. Easy to see out of. Cab is comfortable and plenty of room for 4."

Great Truck

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

"Bought new off lot in 2005. Have not had any issues with this truck except the HVAC control unit went out, cost about a 75.00 to repair. well worth the cost."

Best vehicle Ive ever owned.

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Perfect running truck to this day"

"Truck still looks brand new. Not had one major problems in 13 years. Motor is as strong as the day I drove it home! 165000 miles and Im sure will go 165000 more."

One of the fastest & best trucks i have ever owned

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and a show winner"

"Real good on gas for a 6.0 engine 18 + hwy. 15 city no problems great pick up"

great truck

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "dependable, capable, nice driving, comfortable"

Cons: "front wheel bearings don't last like they used to"

"Z71 package is phenomenal. great in snow and off road. this is a great truck. I have put a lot of miles on it, some of them at or well above its towing and hauling capacities and quite a few of them off road. with the 5.3 engine it has plenty of power to do anything you have any business doing with a half ton truck. I have pulled 3 tons of hay out of a river bottom hay meadow up a very steep hill and on down the highway, an over loaded u-haul across country, drove 4 hrs on the interstate so loaded down the axles were touching the over load bushings, and have pull started a fully loaded dump truck. I work in construction and love the great outdoors so believe me i have put this truck through more than it was meant for and it has been no worse for the wear. the back seats could use a little more leg room but are still adequate, I have had to replace both front wheel bearings. The 4 wheel drive once acted up because of a bad sensor, the ac/heater fan went out once, 1 or 2 of the back lights for the buttons on the steering have gone out and I had to replace the mass air flow sensor to pas inspection recently. I have 160,000 miles on the truck and have put it through its paces its whole life; it still runs and drives very well and doesn't burn any oil. it has been strong, dependable, capable, nice driving, easy parking, comfortable and easy to take care of vehicle."

Love to drive this truck.

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

"Purchased truck with 31,000 on it. Previous owner ordered it loaded. It's a 4x4 with chrome tube running board, has Bose stereo, leather, etc. At 126,000 miles had 2 rod bearings go out(don't know why)so bought a used 5.3 with 45,000 on it and it currently has 154,000 on it. Have replaced both front wheel bearings, shift lever, brakes couple of times & on 3rd set of tires. I've always been a Chevy truck guy, but it really shook my faith when the engine let go. Cost me $1675 to replace it. I know I got a deal. My employer say's I need to trade up to newer vehicle so not sure what I'm going to get. They want $44,000 for a similar vehicle( don't look near as good)."

Very powerful and comfortable at the same time.

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and very good price"

"Love this truck. Never fail us. Agressive and smooth ride. Has all the right elements for a long ride and economical when freeways. In winter is perfect with heated seats. Powerfull and comfortable. Love it"

Would sell this vehicle to my grandmother !

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pros: "5th wheel hitch matching cap LINEX bed remotstart"

Cons: "Needs new rear bumper (normal for Chevy )"

"I know trade in value of $6400 is for purchase of a new vehicle , but my truck is in very good cond And well cared for not a rusty auction sale worth 2000/2500! The only reason for trading is I can't work carpentry anymore due to illness I am proud of my vehicles ,stubborn and will keep it in my driveway if necessary! Thanks,Kevin C."

does everything I want, details could be better

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pros: "does what the average person needs for a truck"

Cons: "could use better front end and electrical system"

"I have owned this truck since new. I don't intentionally abuse it but it does treck off road for getting to a good dirt bike spot. I don't baby the truck but don't intentionally abuse either. It has been relatively reliable but the front end seems undersize. I have put two sets of brake calipers on the front, ball joints, and recently front wheel bearings. I have also had a few electrical problems. The heater fan connectors get really hot and melt the conector. I also have a speedometer that doesn't work and because it is all one unit it is costly to replace. The steering makes a crucnhing noise but I have been told that it is due to a large tolerance between the slip shafts. The milage isn't that bad for a vehicle this size. It Overall it averages around 17 mpg. THe truck isn't bad but I would prefer a stronger front end and brakes. The driveline is good and I think the performance of the engine and transmission is well matched to the weight o fthe truck."

Awesome Truck

By on Friday, October 04, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride very reliable"

Cons: "Oil pressure plug is hard to replace"

"I bought my truck 8 years ago. At that time it had 15 miles on it. Now it has approx. 240,000 miles. I had some minor issues with it that I fixed myself. Which says a lot due to the fact that I am not a mechanic at all. It has a smooth ride, gets great gas mileage for a 5.3 v8. I'm a bigger guy and it has plenty of room for me. I will admit that I changed the oil and greased the joints every 3k to 5k miles. It has been reliable and a great truck for pulling my boat. Even with the miles that it has it is still a very good truck to own."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals