• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

Based on 2960 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

Great Value

By on Saturday, April 18, 2009

"I purchased this vehicle new and have driven for 5 year. I've had no major mechanical defects or repairs, and I'm pretty comfortable assuming I could drive the truck another 5 years with little problem. Our family of four took the truck on a 2500 mile trip thru NM, Colorado, South Dakota, and back to Texas and while we were a bit too close for comfort, it was surprisingly comfortable. Pulled a UHaul thru snow from Penn/WV arriving in Houston without any issue. This truck also served the local BS Troop for 3 years pulling the group trailer on campouts every month."

Would I buy another???

By on Monday, October 01, 2007

"I've owned this truck since it was new in Sep 2002. I take great care of this vehicle and I do 90% of the oil changes. I have had a couple of problems with it, but nothing that has me swearing it off. First problem was the driver's side window motor came to me broken from the factory (should've been a sign). Then I've had to replace it 4 more times. The last two times were not under warranity and it costs $350 a pop. At 50K miles the fuel pump just quit. At 75K miles the battery terminal just fell off of the battery (orig. factory battery). The brakes are holding up really well. The rear brake pads were replaced around 50K and the front brake pads are still good to go. One big pain is the trailer light hook up connector, I have to constantly adjust/tweak this plug every time to connect it to the truck. The mileage is good for a 5.3L V8. I've pulled several different size campers and the largest was 21' RV. It pulled it but the suspension handled it without any problems. Being from Alaska, the truck does great in the snow/ice. I also drive on the sand dunes to go fishing and the 4WD works like a champ. The Auto-4WD is worth's is weight in Gold."

Excellent reliability....

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Pros: "Great value for the price. Comfortable to drive..."

Cons: "????"

"I have owned this vehicle for 12 years. I purchased it with 45,000 miles on it and have had very few times to maintain it. It has over 335,000 miles and all I have had to replace or repair is rebuild the transmission at about 300,000 miles. Replace the fuel pump at 275,000 miles and one coil pack at about the same time... I change the plugs and wires every 100,000 miles and keep synthetic oil in it. It starts with the first turn of the key..... Best vehicle I have ever owned...."

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "FUN, Fun to drive, still has great value."

Cons: "High maintenance costs & poor city gas mileage."

"Best truck "I" have ever owned, reliable, responsive, 450-500 mpg, per tank of gas on a long trip, very comfortable ride on a good road. Power is amazing, this truck has it & it's effortless. Still turns heads 8 years later, She's kept showroom ready at all times. Again, BEST TRUCK "I'VE EVER OWNED."

great reliable daily driver, a real sweetheart

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "very comforable to drive quiet smooth trustworthy"

Cons: "remove the evap emissions system only sore spot"

"I have owned this truck for7 years , used as a work truck. I have taken very good care of this truck , just wish it had heavier duty back breaks. 1 caliper is a bit under sized I feel. But all in all it is still a very strong runner ,just time for me to retire and let someone else love her!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals