• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Double Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,303 - $27,132.

10/7.8

Based on 32 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Overall, Very Impressed!

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

Pros: "Infotainment, Gas Mileage, Spacious, Quiet Cab"

Cons: "Suspension"

"I bought my 2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Regular Cab 4x4 about 6 months ago and have really enjoyed it! I drive quite a distance for work so I got the V6 engine for better gas mileage and it hasn't disappointed. On the highway, I am getting about 22 MPG during the winter. I couldn't believe I got 26 MPG on a recent 7 hour trip! There is a ton of space in the cab of the truck. Even the backseats are comfortable. Im a technology kind of person so I really like the infotainment system. Its very simple to use and nice large screen. It instantly connects to my iPhone which is convenient for music and phone calls. Ive only had one issue with the truck so far. While pulling into a parking lot, it got stuck in 4WD and almost stalled out in the middle of the road. I called the dealership that I bought it from right away and they took care of the issue that same night. Overall, I absolutely love the truck! Nothing like the jet black color with a shiny chrome grille and rims!"

Great Full Size Truck

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

Pros: "quiet ride, good interior construction, value"

Cons: "don't really have any at this time"

"Prior to buying this truck, I looked at Ford, Dodge, and GMC. Both of the GM trucks were superior overall to the other two. I went with Chevrolet because I got a better deal on the truck than an equivalent GMC Sierra, but they are very similar. My last truck was a 2009 Suburban, and prior to that I had a 2006 Dodge Ram, 2001 Silverado, and a 93 F150. This truck is by far the nicest of all my previous trucks (not really a fair comparison in most cases due to age), but compared to the Suburban it is a huge improvement in quality. The exterior is nicely executed, all the panels line up, the paint is thick and appears to be of high quality, and the truck has a nice presence. The interior is where GM seems to have made most of the improvements. The dash plastic is thick and seems substantiative, unlike the Suburban which has thin, brittle plastic. The control knobs are soft to the touch and the lettering is more durable than the Suburban, whose button lettering began to wear at 4-5k miles- it was really terrible. The infotainment system is good. Bluetooth works well and the phone can be controlled via the steering wheel completely. Voice commands also work pretty well. The truck rides very well- better than my wife's BMW X5, and it is also a lot quieter than the BMW. What I really like about this truck is the way the doors close- they shut with an authoritative thunk, which in my experience is not common on US manufactured vehicles as a rule. I did compare this truck to the F150, both the 2014 adn 2015 models. It is nicer on the inside and the ride is better. Also, there is no turbocharger on the V6, which I like, because turbos fail and cost a lot to repair. I expect to drive this truck for a number of years and get average to above average reliability out of it."

Big Truck Layout - Great Gas Mileage!

By on Saturday, February 14, 2015

Pros: "LTZ Crew is the way to go!"

Cons: "No Blindspot Monitors"

"This truck has opened my eyes to the domestic world of manufactures. I did drive all three domestic brands before making my selection on the 2014 Silverado LTZ Crew Cab with the Standard bed. What I like the most: Size of vehicle and Layout of cabin Engine Horse Power and Mileage has been very consistent. 23 mpg in summer driving on highway and winter 18.9 mpg in winter on highway. The bench that offers power seat settings as well as heat, bonus! Navigation with Weather, Awesome! Parking Assist Power Rear Window Anti-Slam Tailgate Convex Tow mirror in drivers mirror / back up camera, awesome! What needs to improved: Needs blind spot monitor Larger driver and Pass Front Seats, I am tall and the seats are ok. Still comfortable, lacking under leg support."

a nice truck with comfortable ride

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Pros: "smooth ride, plenty of power"

Cons: "console shouldbe standard"

"I bought this vehicle almost a month ago. It is the 4.3 ecotec engine. I do say that when I purchased the vehicle I worried that it would be a dog. I have found that there is plenty of juice and it runs very similar to my fathers 2013 5.3 GMC. I am shocked at how quiet they have been able to make the ride along a smooth ride. I test drove a few different vehicles and it at least rides as smooth as any other truck. The interior is nice and comfortable while the electronics are nice and simple to use with the mylink system. I say test drive them all but if you are not going to tow heavy weights try the new 4.3 and I think you maybe impressed."

This is a good truck but,

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Pros: "fuel mileage is very good, bluetooth, good ride,"

Cons: "sound system, too much base sound sub woffer"

"there some room for improvement on this truck. I bought this truck thinking it would handle the bumpy roads better then my 2001 Chevy Avalance, but even with the 271 package it's about the same. The fuel mileage is very good about 21 over the highway, the stock sound system lacks the punch of Avalance, the bose may be worth the extra cash. The shifting from second to third gear needed some tuning which the dealer handled. The back seat is very comfortable and roomly."