• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $42,024 - $43,339.

10/7.8

Based on 30 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Big Truck Layout - Great Gas Mileage!

By on Saturday, February 14, 2015

Pros: "LTZ Crew is the way to go!"

Cons: "No Blindspot Monitors"

"This truck has opened my eyes to the domestic world of manufactures. I did drive all three domestic brands before making my selection on the 2014 Silverado LTZ Crew Cab with the Standard bed. What I like the most: Size of vehicle and Layout of cabin Engine Horse Power and Mileage has been very consistent. 23 mpg in summer driving on highway and winter 18.9 mpg in winter on highway. The bench that offers power seat settings as well as heat, bonus! Navigation with Weather, Awesome! Parking Assist Power Rear Window Anti-Slam Tailgate Convex Tow mirror in drivers mirror / back up camera, awesome! What needs to improved: Needs blind spot monitor Larger driver and Pass Front Seats, I am tall and the seats are ok. Still comfortable, lacking under leg support."

a nice truck with comfortable ride

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Pros: "smooth ride, plenty of power"

Cons: "console shouldbe standard"

"I bought this vehicle almost a month ago. It is the 4.3 ecotec engine. I do say that when I purchased the vehicle I worried that it would be a dog. I have found that there is plenty of juice and it runs very similar to my fathers 2013 5.3 GMC. I am shocked at how quiet they have been able to make the ride along a smooth ride. I test drove a few different vehicles and it at least rides as smooth as any other truck. The interior is nice and comfortable while the electronics are nice and simple to use with the mylink system. I say test drive them all but if you are not going to tow heavy weights try the new 4.3 and I think you maybe impressed."

This is a good truck but,

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Pros: "fuel mileage is very good, bluetooth, good ride,"

Cons: "sound system, too much base sound sub woffer"

"there some room for improvement on this truck. I bought this truck thinking it would handle the bumpy roads better then my 2001 Chevy Avalance, but even with the 271 package it's about the same. The fuel mileage is very good about 21 over the highway, the stock sound system lacks the punch of Avalance, the bose may be worth the extra cash. The shifting from second to third gear needed some tuning which the dealer handled. The back seat is very comfortable and roomly."

Terrific riding and comfortable safe Pickup.

By on Saturday, January 31, 2015

Pros: "Seats, interior, new features, discounts"

Cons: "Wish these trucks got 25 mpg average, no bluetooth"

"I never thought I'd own a full sized truck. Over the years i had s-10s and rangers to do most of the jobs I needed done. I choose them in 4 cylinder formats to save gas and avoid 100 dollar fill ups on the big trucks. But recently a local chevy dealer had 12000 off and I had 3000 in additional discounts so I made the switch to Full size. The truck had a high sticker of 36560. Thats the wt1 model and I can honestly says its really nice for a work truck model. The interior is comfortable and there are many features in the truck. Id prefer a lower msrp to save on taxes but chevy seems to like to offer big discounts to move units. The new for '14 model is real nice. The engine is great, tranny is decent and truck is solid and quiet. Its a good truck. Gas mileage has been about 18 on average with mostly City driving. I hope it gets up to at least 20 on average. I recently paid $1.70 for gas at a local rez in WNY. But in the future I'm sure we will be paying more. I have the larger Crew Cab and the 5 feet eight inch bed. Its a great combo. The Interior is huge for the family and the bed is still very usable. I'm hoping for many decades of service from my new large truck."

Leftover 2014 Every Option 4X4 High Country 5.3

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Pros: "Good Power, Fair Fuel Mileage."

Cons: "G 80 problematic R. Diff."

"So far it's great. Only 250 miles. You should be aware of 1 problem... First (just Saying) I was a ASE Cert. Mechanic (Retired) "Beware" Of The Eaton (G80) locker rear Diff. If used correctly they are a great locking diff. However to many dry road smoke shows and they will blow... just not made for that. Other than that, just drive it... Really a nice truck !!"