• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,337 - $36,414.

10/7.8

Based on 30 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Big Truck Layout - Great Gas Mileage!

By on Saturday, February 14, 2015

Pros: "LTZ Crew is the way to go!"

Cons: "No Blindspot Monitors"

"This truck has opened my eyes to the domestic world of manufactures. I did drive all three domestic brands before making my selection on the 2014 Silverado LTZ Crew Cab with the Standard bed. What I like the most: Size of vehicle and Layout of cabin Engine Horse Power and Mileage has been very consistent. 23 mpg in summer driving on highway and winter 18.9 mpg in winter on highway. The bench that offers power seat settings as well as heat, bonus! Navigation with Weather, Awesome! Parking Assist Power Rear Window Anti-Slam Tailgate Convex Tow mirror in drivers mirror / back up camera, awesome! What needs to improved: Needs blind spot monitor Larger driver and Pass Front Seats, I am tall and the seats are ok. Still comfortable, lacking under leg support."

a nice truck with comfortable ride

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Pros: "smooth ride, plenty of power"

Cons: "console shouldbe standard"

"I bought this vehicle almost a month ago. It is the 4.3 ecotec engine. I do say that when I purchased the vehicle I worried that it would be a dog. I have found that there is plenty of juice and it runs very similar to my fathers 2013 5.3 GMC. I am shocked at how quiet they have been able to make the ride along a smooth ride. I test drove a few different vehicles and it at least rides as smooth as any other truck. The interior is nice and comfortable while the electronics are nice and simple to use with the mylink system. I say test drive them all but if you are not going to tow heavy weights try the new 4.3 and I think you maybe impressed."

This is a good truck but,

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Pros: "fuel mileage is very good, bluetooth, good ride,"

Cons: "sound system, too much base sound sub woffer"

"there some room for improvement on this truck. I bought this truck thinking it would handle the bumpy roads better then my 2001 Chevy Avalance, but even with the 271 package it's about the same. The fuel mileage is very good about 21 over the highway, the stock sound system lacks the punch of Avalance, the bose may be worth the extra cash. The shifting from second to third gear needed some tuning which the dealer handled. The back seat is very comfortable and roomly."

Terrific riding and comfortable safe Pickup.

By on Saturday, January 31, 2015

Pros: "Seats, interior, new features, discounts"

Cons: "Wish these trucks got 25 mpg average, no bluetooth"

"I never thought I'd own a full sized truck. Over the years i had s-10s and rangers to do most of the jobs I needed done. I choose them in 4 cylinder formats to save gas and avoid 100 dollar fill ups on the big trucks. But recently a local chevy dealer had 12000 off and I had 3000 in additional discounts so I made the switch to Full size. The truck had a high sticker of 36560. Thats the wt1 model and I can honestly says its really nice for a work truck model. The interior is comfortable and there are many features in the truck. Id prefer a lower msrp to save on taxes but chevy seems to like to offer big discounts to move units. The new for '14 model is real nice. The engine is great, tranny is decent and truck is solid and quiet. Its a good truck. Gas mileage has been about 18 on average with mostly City driving. I hope it gets up to at least 20 on average. I recently paid $1.70 for gas at a local rez in WNY. But in the future I'm sure we will be paying more. I have the larger Crew Cab and the 5 feet eight inch bed. Its a great combo. The Interior is huge for the family and the bed is still very usable. I'm hoping for many decades of service from my new large truck."

Leftover 2014 Every Option 4X4 High Country 5.3

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Pros: "Good Power, Fair Fuel Mileage."

Cons: "G 80 problematic R. Diff."

"So far it's great. Only 250 miles. You should be aware of 1 problem... First (just Saying) I was a ASE Cert. Mechanic (Retired) "Beware" Of The Eaton (G80) locker rear Diff. If used correctly they are a great locking diff. However to many dry road smoke shows and they will blow... just not made for that. Other than that, just drive it... Really a nice truck !!"

Good quality vehicle, met all of my expectations

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Pros: "Well designed, relatively good gas mileage, value"

Cons: "Traction control, stock floor mats"

"So far the truck is great, 11,000 miles in 4 months. Have previously owned a Chevrolet truck, this one is a substantial upgrade. That being said, I was able to walk out of the dealership happy, and still get a very well equipped truck. Everything is absolutely great on the interior, with the exception of the postage stamp size floor mats that come with the truck. WeatherTech floor mats are definitely a good investment to protect the interior. To date, everything else is fantastic."

HATE the seats! VERY UNCOMFORTABLE!

By on Sunday, November 23, 2014

Pros: "Looks good."

Cons: "Most uncomfortable seats I have ever owned!"

"I have owned Chevy and/or GMC all my life and these are the most UNCOMFORTABLE seats I have ever sat in! If I could take the seats from our 2007 and put them in this 2014 I would be happy. Truck only has 17,000 miles on it, and no one in my family even wants to drive it :( My husband chooses to drive the 2004 over this :( Have found many other customers that are experiencing the same issues, but Chevy does not seem to have any resolutions at this time :( Plan to get rid of this truck, solely due to the lack of comfort :("

I will not buy another GM Truck

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "spray on bedliner is nice"

Cons: "phone key pad (rotary?)"

"I purchased a new 2014 Sliverado Texas Edition double cab. Nothing but vibration issue with this pickup, first it was blamed on accessories added to truck; nerf bars and remote start, sorry try again. Multiple complaints log on Chevy chat rooms. I have owned by truck since 8/1/14 its 11/19/14 (it been in the shop a total of 1 month and 1 week), problem "could not be duplicate" and or "vibration is normal for V6 editions". Sorry other V6 I driven no vibration issue felt. ?? GM customer relates, what a joke. Avoid buying at all cost. You have been warned."

THE BEST VALUE ON THE PLANET

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pros: "POWER, COMFORT, QUIET, VALUE PER $"

Cons: "ARE YOU KIDDING? NONE!!!!!"

"CLASSY LOOK ONLY SURPASSED BY THE SHEER COMFORT OF THE VEHICLE. THE INCENTIVES OFFERED ALLOWED ME TO BUY TWICE THE TRUCK I WOULD HAVE NORMALLY PURCHASED.I AM GETTING MORE THAN THE MILEAGE LISTED IN THE SPECS.THE 8INCH TOUCH SCREEN IS CUTTING EDGE STUFF. I PURCHASED DOUBLE CAB 4x4 WITH THE ALL STAR PACKAGE. THE 5.3 IS A MUST."

Great Truck....

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "MPG's are great. Very Comfortable seats. Roomy."

Cons: "None."

"I bought this truck 7 months ago. I love it. It is the best truck I have ever owned, hands down."

2014 4X4 Z71 LT Short Box: 5.3 liter

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "Style and features"

Cons: "None so far"

New Ride

"So far - very impressed with this truck - I have owned other Chevy trucks in the past with questionable reliability - will just have to wait and see - but first impressions after a week and 400 miles are positive - MY Link with 8 inch screen is impressive - very user friendly - voice commands work well - especially compared to other systems I have had - amazingly quiet inside - nice ride - but firm - should be with Z71 pkg - much more power compared to 2008 version of this truck -Boze speakers sound great - far more internal storage compartments in the doors. Best part is the gas mileage - traded in a 2013 Tacoma SR5 that got 19.7 in my daily daily driving routine (V6) - this truck is getting 19.0 in same circuit - includes lots of in town miles. Four wheel discs are also nice and very positive breaking - Interior material are top notch and external paint is flawless. Looked at the Tundra - but gas mileage and crash ratings were far less. More exited about this vehicle than most others I have owned."

New Ride

stay away if your OCD

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "interior design is nice"

Cons: "drivetrain, WAY OVERRATED FUEL ECONOMY"

"Truck rattled from day one, drive train clunks.. engine blows black smoke on start up (almost always) and the worst is the 55mp+ vibration that no one can fix... been in the shop over 35days total so far...will be getting rid of it soon..and to top it off I can barely muster 17.8mpg when babying it..."

GREAT TRUCK

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pros: "Great MPG, 5.3L V8, more than enough power"

Cons: "None...."

"I have owned my 2014 Silverado Double Cab 4x4 V8 for six months. It is my daily driver. I drive it every where. I am getting 18 mpg City - 25 mpg Hwy. Best truck I have ever owned. It is light years ahead of the 2013 models. Improved in every way."

Strong, comfortable,and quiet...

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "Comfort and mpg with strong V8"

Cons: "cost"

"Excellent engine 5.3 with excellent interior...link/nav works great. Cost is high , but sometimes you get what you pay for. Third truck and this is hands down the best yet."

Great Truck

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Drive nice, looks nice, priced right."

Cons: "Heater takes a while to warm up in the mornings."

"This is about the 7-8th Chevy truck I have owned, and I feel it is one of the best trucks on the road. This is the first new Chevy I have owned, and we drove it over 6,000 miles in the two months I have had it. I never get tired of driving it. Before buying any other truck, drive one of these Chevies first."

powerful, comfortable, and great-looking design

By on Saturday, July 12, 2014

Pros: "active fuel management system. 355 HP & 23 mpg"

Cons: "no car seat anchors in middle back seat"

"Love this truck. I love the new design and the new technology included. I drive an average of 15-20 miles per day and average over 17 mpg, and that's all city driving. 90% of the 5,000 miles on my truck are city miles. Took on one trip of about 600 total miles and averaged over 23 mpg. Have hauled and pulled one time with it, and the truck preformed great. It's a very comfortable ride. I love the double cab design so much better than the previous models' "suicide doors" extended cabs. I do have some little nit-picky complaints about the new infotainment system Chevrolet has implemented, but all in all, this is a great truck. I would recommend this truck to anyone who needs a truck to be used as a "truck" and still wants nice style, options, technology, comfort, and needs to haul a family."

Great ride and very quiet

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "Great ride, Quite, Great gas MPG"

Cons: "TOO MANY RECALLS AND ISSUES IN A SHORT AMT OF TIME"

"Truck is still in the dealership. I have owned it 2 months. Has extremely bad rust issue on frame. 3 recalls fixed in no time and the frame issue and AC blowing up.... Gets great gas mileage. Remember all car companies make their ratings off of 55 mph. But I generally run around 58 mph. Not happy its at the dealer, but its under warranty and GM is fixing the issue. SO I cant complain beside how long its taking."

Great Truck

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Front View of Silverado

"We love this truck. It has a duo seating setup so each of the two drivers can set the seat to their preference then save that setup. Easy to drive. All the controls are right on the steering wheel. Bluetooth capable to a smart phone. Great back up camera and all around camera to prevent hitting anything."

Front View of Silverado

THIS IS A HIGH COUNTRY & HAS SPECIAL WHITE PAINT

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "nice truck"

"SELLING BECAUSE OF HEALTH"

Better from the 2008

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "better ride, comfortable, controls, gas mileage"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I am proud of this truck its my 2nd Silverado crew cab this 2014 is more upgraded with so many features. Traded my '08 for a 2014 with better quality and having at least decent gas mileage which my Silverado 1500 LTZ is getting more mpg than my 6 year old pickup. It rides better, the powertrain and new engine were designed to be better with a quietly 5.3L Eco tec V8 engine lots of performance makes it bit faster. This time I have the navigation, heated and cooled seats, Mychevy link, rearview camera, remote start engine, sidestep tailgate as getting up on rear of my truck don't have to worry scratching or buffing up the rear chrome bumper. Its roomier inside with comfortable seats, steering controls are perfect with radio display and more. Silverado handles better on getting over now 25 miles per gallon on commuting from work to ''etc''. Being 6'1'' I absolutely fit comfortably even the doors opens wide enough and Bluetooth is optional the best as can easily reprogrammed my iPhone through navigation touch screen includes more advanced options. The truck is more stylish, it drives better on a much smoother suspension, can go over bumps excellent without any squeaks or rattles. Now have 1,250 miles on the odometer with best handling, no issues after 4 months owning my truck its the best truck ever besides I truly my old Silverado but overall happier with this crew cab having more features than ever."

Reg Cab tran bad,tradedfordouble cab Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

"Double cab very nice on highway and ride. Reg cab was bumpy and had particles inside tranny."

Really Nice Truck!

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "Design, Interior, Fun to drive, well equipped"

Cons: "Mileage isn't always what it says..."

"Everyone says these are glam trucks. I couldn't disagree more. Yes, they do look good and ride really well, they are very well equipped for a ½ ton truck. Mine is an LTZ with the Sport Package. The design is great, and the interior is unprecedented. Compared to a Ford interior, the Chevrolet interior is approaching the quality of a German car. The ride is quiet and smooth, and the steering is wonderful. Of course the steering doesn't communicate the road well, but what vehicle does anymore? I plan on leveling the truck and putting some beefier tires on. At that point it will be a great off-roading vehicle. The 4-wd system is well designed, its the first time I've ever like the automatic 4 wheel drive. It has all the traditional 4 wheel modes, but the automatic makes it more comfortable, especially if you hit a slick spot without notice. I cannot stress enough the quality and design, its just wonderful. If you're considering a new truck, this new generation of Silverados is the way to go!"

Better than F150

By on Sunday, February 02, 2014

Pros: "Ride, interior comfort,fuel economy"

Cons: "price"

"I traded in a 2013 F150 XLT SCREW Ecoboost for this truck. The Ford only had 3800 miles on it. Road like a brick and had a vibration that 4 trips back to the dealer could not fix. The 5.3 is no Ecoboost in the power department but is adequate and gets better gas mileage. The RAM is a nice truck but don't forget that the plugs are only good for 30K miles which is pretty pathetic considering GM has had 100K sparkplug changes since 1996."

First NEW truck in 40 years

By on Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pros: "navigation system is a must if you travel"

Cons: "a bit crowded in rear seating area but not bad"

"After buying trucks that were "totals" and fixed them, or Suv's that were from a previous lease, etc. We took the plunge and got a brand new Chevrolet 1500 Silverado LT with sports package and had 6 miles on the odometer. Have had it 3 weeks. No regrets except price but it is what it is. Love the navigation system. Highly recommend it. You can check current gas prices before getting close to the station, you can locate destinations with out a paper map and onstar is there to assist as needed. About to take a 1500 mile road trip in 2 weeks. Looking forward to this. Hands free telephone system. Rear camera so you can see what is happening behind you when in reverse and see the hitch ball when hooking up to trailer. Makes our life easier. Who needs leather seats? The material in our seats is tougher than the old fashioned cloth seats and no cold/hot leather seats as well."

Its new

By on Sunday, December 22, 2013

"Good: 1. Quiet cab compared to my 2010 2. Nice interior redesign 3. No real horsepower difference from 2010 engine 5.3 model Bad: 1. Bad gas mileage 16 mpg avg. 2. Tires too large "less rubber" 3. Currently wont start and going back to the dealership for service. 4. Sits too low to the ground"