• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $32,544 - $33,501.

10/7.8

Based on 23 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.7/10
    9.7/10
Previous | 1 ... 3 4 5 | Next

Better than F150

By on Sunday, February 02, 2014

Pros: "Ride, interior comfort,fuel economy"

Cons: "price"

"I traded in a 2013 F150 XLT SCREW Ecoboost for this truck. The Ford only had 3800 miles on it. Road like a brick and had a vibration that 4 trips back to the dealer could not fix. The 5.3 is no Ecoboost in the power department but is adequate and gets better gas mileage. The RAM is a nice truck but don't forget that the plugs are only good for 30K miles which is pretty pathetic considering GM has had 100K sparkplug changes since 1996."

First NEW truck in 40 years

By on Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pros: "navigation system is a must if you travel"

Cons: "a bit crowded in rear seating area but not bad"

"After buying trucks that were "totals" and fixed them, or Suv's that were from a previous lease, etc. We took the plunge and got a brand new Chevrolet 1500 Silverado LT with sports package and had 6 miles on the odometer. Have had it 3 weeks. No regrets except price but it is what it is. Love the navigation system. Highly recommend it. You can check current gas prices before getting close to the station, you can locate destinations with out a paper map and onstar is there to assist as needed. About to take a 1500 mile road trip in 2 weeks. Looking forward to this. Hands free telephone system. Rear camera so you can see what is happening behind you when in reverse and see the hitch ball when hooking up to trailer. Makes our life easier. Who needs leather seats? The material in our seats is tougher than the old fashioned cloth seats and no cold/hot leather seats as well."

Its new

By on Sunday, December 22, 2013

"Good: 1. Quiet cab compared to my 2010 2. Nice interior redesign 3. No real horsepower difference from 2010 engine 5.3 model Bad: 1. Bad gas mileage 16 mpg avg. 2. Tires too large "less rubber" 3. Currently wont start and going back to the dealership for service. 4. Sits too low to the ground"

Great Work Vehicle

By on Monday, December 09, 2013

Pros: "Pros: towing power, room, safety"

Cons: "Cons: mpg, low MPG"

"I bought the 2014 Silverado 1500 a few months ago brand spanking new! I hauled my boat around for two weeks getting maintenance done on it and the truck pulled it with absolutely no difficulty. The interior is great and I love the new safety features on lane merging is reassuring when i let my wife borrow it. There is plenty of space for the whole family but gas mileage limits too many trips. I found the gas mileage was less than what i hoped for and even a little less than what I was told. The truck seems just a little slow on the acceleration than what i hoped but could have something to do with the lower horsepower."

My 3rd Silverado

By on Thursday, December 05, 2013

Pros: "Smooth quiet ride like the technology upgrades"

Cons: "No cons so far"

Third day of ownership

"I traded my 2005 Chevy Z71 Silverado for this one about 3 weeks ago. I absolutely agree it is very quiet on the inside while driving. It won't get 22MPG but you can get 19 - 20 interstate driving at 75 MPH. The navigation is excellent and I optioned the truck with Z71 LTZ with everything but the lighted bed and driver information package and the side steps that only get your pant leg dirty. The heated and cooled seats are great and the 20 inch wheels are exceptional. Like the truck for towing as well have not problem towing my boat. Truck has plenty of cup holders and storage. Overall a big improvement over my 2005 and I enjoyed that truck for 9 years."

Third day of ownership