• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $31,825 - $32,912.

10/7.8

Based on 38 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Its new

By on Sunday, December 22, 2013

"Good: 1. Quiet cab compared to my 2010 2. Nice interior redesign 3. No real horsepower difference from 2010 engine 5.3 model Bad: 1. Bad gas mileage 16 mpg avg. 2. Tires too large "less rubber" 3. Currently wont start and going back to the dealership for service. 4. Sits too low to the ground"

Leftover 2014 Every Option 4X4 High Country 5.3

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Pros: "Good Power, Fair Fuel Mileage."

Cons: "G 80 problematic R. Diff."

"So far it's great. Only 250 miles. You should be aware of 1 problem... First (just Saying) I was a ASE Cert. Mechanic (Retired) "Beware" Of The Eaton (G80) locker rear Diff. If used correctly they are a great locking diff. However to many dry road smoke shows and they will blow... just not made for that. Other than that, just drive it... Really a nice truck !!"

Better from the 2008

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "better ride, comfortable, controls, gas mileage"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I am proud of this truck its my 2nd Silverado crew cab this 2014 is more upgraded with so many features. Traded my '08 for a 2014 with better quality and having at least decent gas mileage which my Silverado 1500 LTZ is getting more mpg than my 6 year old pickup. It rides better, the powertrain and new engine were designed to be better with a quietly 5.3L Eco tec V8 engine lots of performance makes it bit faster. This time I have the navigation, heated and cooled seats, Mychevy link, rearview camera, remote start engine, sidestep tailgate as getting up on rear of my truck don't have to worry scratching or buffing up the rear chrome bumper. Its roomier inside with comfortable seats, steering controls are perfect with radio display and more. Silverado handles better on getting over now 25 miles per gallon on commuting from work to ''etc''. Being 6'1'' I absolutely fit comfortably even the doors opens wide enough and Bluetooth is optional the best as can easily reprogrammed my iPhone through navigation touch screen includes more advanced options. The truck is more stylish, it drives better on a much smoother suspension, can go over bumps excellent without any squeaks or rattles. Now have 1,250 miles on the odometer with best handling, no issues after 4 months owning my truck its the best truck ever besides I truly my old Silverado but overall happier with this crew cab having more features than ever."

Overall, Very Impressed!

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

Pros: "Infotainment, Gas Mileage, Spacious, Quiet Cab"

Cons: "Suspension"

"I bought my 2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Regular Cab 4x4 about 6 months ago and have really enjoyed it! I drive quite a distance for work so I got the V6 engine for better gas mileage and it hasn't disappointed. On the highway, I am getting about 22 MPG during the winter. I couldn't believe I got 26 MPG on a recent 7 hour trip! There is a ton of space in the cab of the truck. Even the backseats are comfortable. Im a technology kind of person so I really like the infotainment system. Its very simple to use and nice large screen. It instantly connects to my iPhone which is convenient for music and phone calls. Ive only had one issue with the truck so far. While pulling into a parking lot, it got stuck in 4WD and almost stalled out in the middle of the road. I called the dealership that I bought it from right away and they took care of the issue that same night. Overall, I absolutely love the truck! Nothing like the jet black color with a shiny chrome grille and rims!"

Great Truck....

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "MPG's are great. Very Comfortable seats. Roomy."

Cons: "None."

"I bought this truck 7 months ago. I love it. It is the best truck I have ever owned, hands down."

Can go anywhere, and do anything. In comfort.

By on Sunday, May 31, 2015

Pros: "Does everything that you want a truck to do."

Cons: "Well, they're not cheap. A little thirsty in town."

The Red Menace, and its owner.

"I compared/drove similarly equipped GMC, Ram, Ford, Nissan and Toyota pickups. I found the Silverado best able to provide the balance of capabilities/value and comfort/convenience that I wanted. After a month-long, 8,300-mile 25-state tour that frequently had me camping in the bed, I have not been disappointed. My truck is equipped with the 5.3 liter V8 and the Z71 4X4 and LT option groups. You'd be hard-pressed to get it stuck, as it handles snow and mud very competently. A comfortable and easy to live with truck. Fuel economy at highway speeds is good (21 mpg at a steady 75 mph) for a nearly 6,000 lb. truck, and the engine pulls like a locomotive all the way up to the electronically-limited speed of 98 mph. (my only complaint). I've owned several trucks over the last 20+ years, and trucks are much more civilized than the farm implements that they were before it became cool to drive a pick-'em-up."

The Red Menace, and its owner.

Great Truck

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Drive nice, looks nice, priced right."

Cons: "Heater takes a while to warm up in the mornings."

"This is about the 7-8th Chevy truck I have owned, and I feel it is one of the best trucks on the road. This is the first new Chevy I have owned, and we drove it over 6,000 miles in the two months I have had it. I never get tired of driving it. Before buying any other truck, drive one of these Chevies first."

Smooth ride with tons of features

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride, well laid out, comfortable interior"

Cons: "Would like a console shifter option like Ford"

"Picked up my new Silerado High Country yesterdy. Got a great deal with the Black Friday pricing. Traded in my 2009 Silverado LT. Went from middle of the road features to nearly every available option except the sunroof while upgrading 5 years,gaining a full warranty, with 2 years of free maintenance all for under $20K. All on a vehicle with a sticker price of nearly $52K."

2014 4X4 Z71 LT Short Box: 5.3 liter

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "Style and features"

Cons: "None so far"

New Ride

"So far - very impressed with this truck - I have owned other Chevy trucks in the past with questionable reliability - will just have to wait and see - but first impressions after a week and 400 miles are positive - MY Link with 8 inch screen is impressive - very user friendly - voice commands work well - especially compared to other systems I have had - amazingly quiet inside - nice ride - but firm - should be with Z71 pkg - much more power compared to 2008 version of this truck -Boze speakers sound great - far more internal storage compartments in the doors. Best part is the gas mileage - traded in a 2013 Tacoma SR5 that got 19.7 in my daily daily driving routine (V6) - this truck is getting 19.0 in same circuit - includes lots of in town miles. Four wheel discs are also nice and very positive breaking - Interior material are top notch and external paint is flawless. Looked at the Tundra - but gas mileage and crash ratings were far less. More exited about this vehicle than most others I have owned."

New Ride

This is a good truck but,

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Pros: "fuel mileage is very good, bluetooth, good ride,"

Cons: "sound system, too much base sound sub woffer"

"there some room for improvement on this truck. I bought this truck thinking it would handle the bumpy roads better then my 2001 Chevy Avalance, but even with the 271 package it's about the same. The fuel mileage is very good about 21 over the highway, the stock sound system lacks the punch of Avalance, the bose may be worth the extra cash. The shifting from second to third gear needed some tuning which the dealer handled. The back seat is very comfortable and roomly."