• Editors' Page: 2014 Pickup Trucks

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $33,051 - $33,996.

10/7.8

9.4

Based on 11 Ratings for the 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

My 3rd Silverado

By on Thursday, December 05, 2013

Pros: "Smooth quiet ride like the technology upgrades"

Cons: "No cons so far"

Third day of ownership

"I traded my 2005 Chevy Z71 Silverado for this one about 3 weeks ago. I absolutely agree it is very quiet on the inside while driving. It won't get 22MPG but you can get 19 - 20 interstate driving at 75 MPH. The navigation is excellent and I optioned the truck with Z71 LTZ with everything but the lighted bed and driver information package and the side steps that only get your pant leg dirty. The heated and cooled seats are great and the 20 inch wheels are exceptional. Like the truck for towing as well have not problem towing my boat. Truck has plenty of cup holders and storage. Overall a big improvement over my 2005 and I enjoyed that truck for 9 years."

Third day of ownership

Better than F150

By on Sunday, February 02, 2014

Pros: "Ride, interior comfort,fuel economy"

Cons: "price"

"I traded in a 2013 F150 XLT SCREW Ecoboost for this truck. The Ford only had 3800 miles on it. Road like a brick and had a vibration that 4 trips back to the dealer could not fix. The 5.3 is no Ecoboost in the power department but is adequate and gets better gas mileage. The RAM is a nice truck but don't forget that the plugs are only good for 30K miles which is pretty pathetic considering GM has had 100K sparkplug changes since 1996."

I love the way this truck rides and looks.

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

Pros: "Great looking truck. Smooth quite ride."

Cons: "Price and gas mileage."

"I have the crew cab 4X4. Diamond tricoat paint and chrome package. It has a smooth, quite ride. When it is cleaned up it looks beautiful. It will never get 20 mpg on the highway. You are lucky to get 18. That is interstate 60 to 70 mph. I think it is overpriced, but the other brands are just as expensive."

First NEW truck in 40 years

By on Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pros: "navigation system is a must if you travel"

Cons: "a bit crowded in rear seating area but not bad"

"After buying trucks that were "totals" and fixed them, or Suv's that were from a previous lease, etc. We took the plunge and got a brand new Chevrolet 1500 Silverado LT with sports package and had 6 miles on the odometer. Have had it 3 weeks. No regrets except price but it is what it is. Love the navigation system. Highly recommend it. You can check current gas prices before getting close to the station, you can locate destinations with out a paper map and onstar is there to assist as needed. About to take a 1500 mile road trip in 2 weeks. Looking forward to this. Hands free telephone system. Rear camera so you can see what is happening behind you when in reverse and see the hitch ball when hooking up to trailer. Makes our life easier. Who needs leather seats? The material in our seats is tougher than the old fashioned cloth seats and no cold/hot leather seats as well."

Really Nice Truck!

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "Design, Interior, Fun to drive, well equipped"

Cons: "Mileage isn't always what it says..."

"Everyone says these are glam trucks. I couldn't disagree more. Yes, they do look good and ride really well, they are very well equipped for a ½ ton truck. Mine is an LTZ with the Sport Package. The design is great, and the interior is unprecedented. Compared to a Ford interior, the Chevrolet interior is approaching the quality of a German car. The ride is quiet and smooth, and the steering is wonderful. Of course the steering doesn't communicate the road well, but what vehicle does anymore? I plan on leveling the truck and putting some beefier tires on. At that point it will be a great off-roading vehicle. The 4-wd system is well designed, its the first time I've ever like the automatic 4 wheel drive. It has all the traditional 4 wheel modes, but the automatic makes it more comfortable, especially if you hit a slick spot without notice. I cannot stress enough the quality and design, its just wonderful. If you're considering a new truck, this new generation of Silverados is the way to go!"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25