2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $31,648 - $32,749.

10/7.8

Based on 45 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Better than F150

By on Sunday, February 02, 2014

Pros: "Ride, interior comfort,fuel economy"

Cons: "price"

"I traded in a 2013 F150 XLT SCREW Ecoboost for this truck. The Ford only had 3800 miles on it. Road like a brick and had a vibration that 4 trips back to the dealer could not fix. The 5.3 is no Ecoboost in the power department but is adequate and gets better gas mileage. The RAM is a nice truck but don't forget that the plugs are only good for 30K miles which is pretty pathetic considering GM has had 100K sparkplug changes since 1996."

GREAT TRUCK

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pros: "Great MPG, 5.3L V8, more than enough power"

Cons: "None...."

"I have owned my 2014 Silverado Double Cab 4x4 V8 for six months. It is my daily driver. I drive it every where. I am getting 18 mpg City - 25 mpg Hwy. Best truck I have ever owned. It is light years ahead of the 2013 models. Improved in every way."

I love the way this truck rides and looks.

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

Pros: "Great looking truck. Smooth quite ride."

Cons: "Price and gas mileage."

"I have the crew cab 4X4. Diamond tricoat paint and chrome package. It has a smooth, quite ride. When it is cleaned up it looks beautiful. It will never get 20 mpg on the highway. You are lucky to get 18. That is interstate 60 to 70 mph. I think it is overpriced, but the other brands are just as expensive."

My 3rd Silverado

By on Thursday, December 05, 2013

Pros: "Smooth quiet ride like the technology upgrades"

Cons: "No cons so far"

Third day of ownership

"I traded my 2005 Chevy Z71 Silverado for this one about 3 weeks ago. I absolutely agree it is very quiet on the inside while driving. It won't get 22MPG but you can get 19 - 20 interstate driving at 75 MPH. The navigation is excellent and I optioned the truck with Z71 LTZ with everything but the lighted bed and driver information package and the side steps that only get your pant leg dirty. The heated and cooled seats are great and the 20 inch wheels are exceptional. Like the truck for towing as well have not problem towing my boat. Truck has plenty of cup holders and storage. Overall a big improvement over my 2005 and I enjoyed that truck for 9 years."

Third day of ownership

Great ride and very quiet

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "Great ride, Quite, Great gas MPG"

Cons: "TOO MANY RECALLS AND ISSUES IN A SHORT AMT OF TIME"

"Truck is still in the dealership. I have owned it 2 months. Has extremely bad rust issue on frame. 3 recalls fixed in no time and the frame issue and AC blowing up.... Gets great gas mileage. Remember all car companies make their ratings off of 55 mph. But I generally run around 58 mph. Not happy its at the dealer, but its under warranty and GM is fixing the issue. SO I cant complain beside how long its taking."

First NEW truck in 40 years

By on Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pros: "navigation system is a must if you travel"

Cons: "a bit crowded in rear seating area but not bad"

"After buying trucks that were "totals" and fixed them, or Suv's that were from a previous lease, etc. We took the plunge and got a brand new Chevrolet 1500 Silverado LT with sports package and had 6 miles on the odometer. Have had it 3 weeks. No regrets except price but it is what it is. Love the navigation system. Highly recommend it. You can check current gas prices before getting close to the station, you can locate destinations with out a paper map and onstar is there to assist as needed. About to take a 1500 mile road trip in 2 weeks. Looking forward to this. Hands free telephone system. Rear camera so you can see what is happening behind you when in reverse and see the hitch ball when hooking up to trailer. Makes our life easier. Who needs leather seats? The material in our seats is tougher than the old fashioned cloth seats and no cold/hot leather seats as well."

Great Truck

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Front View of Silverado

"We love this truck. It has a duo seating setup so each of the two drivers can set the seat to their preference then save that setup. Easy to drive. All the controls are right on the steering wheel. Bluetooth capable to a smart phone. Great back up camera and all around camera to prevent hitting anything."

Front View of Silverado

Leftover 2014 Every Option 4X4 High Country 5.3

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Pros: "Good Power, Fair Fuel Mileage."

Cons: "G 80 problematic R. Diff."

"So far it's great. Only 250 miles. You should be aware of 1 problem... First (just Saying) I was a ASE Cert. Mechanic (Retired) "Beware" Of The Eaton (G80) locker rear Diff. If used correctly they are a great locking diff. However to many dry road smoke shows and they will blow... just not made for that. Other than that, just drive it... Really a nice truck !!"

2014 Z71 Crew Cab 4X4: 5.3 L

By on Thursday, July 02, 2015

Pros: "build quality, very low road noise, gas mileage,"

Cons: "wish it had leather seats"

"Going on a year now and approaching 10,000 miles - not one trip to the dealer since purchasing new. Montana has real winters and the drive train with the full time 4x4 option works really well. Build quality has been excellent - and the quietest truck inside on the road - great Bose sound system. On Star App shows 19.0 mpg lifetime fuel economy and many times the average per tank has been over 20.0 mpg. Winter time the gas mileage drops with winter fuel blends and all the fluid being thicker. Wish I had sprung for the leather seating. There is just something about this truck when you climb in that speaks quality - doors close like a vault - dash layout - easy lift/lower tailgate a real plus and the corner step bumper. On high beam the headlights are impressive - with the deer around here they need to be - the My Link takes awhile to figure out with all the modes and settings - but once you get use to it its really something - so far - love this truck"

Its new

By on Sunday, December 22, 2013

"Good: 1. Quiet cab compared to my 2010 2. Nice interior redesign 3. No real horsepower difference from 2010 engine 5.3 model Bad: 1. Bad gas mileage 16 mpg avg. 2. Tires too large "less rubber" 3. Currently wont start and going back to the dealership for service. 4. Sits too low to the ground"

Better from the 2008

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "better ride, comfortable, controls, gas mileage"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I am proud of this truck its my 2nd Silverado crew cab this 2014 is more upgraded with so many features. Traded my '08 for a 2014 with better quality and having at least decent gas mileage which my Silverado 1500 LTZ is getting more mpg than my 6 year old pickup. It rides better, the powertrain and new engine were designed to be better with a quietly 5.3L Eco tec V8 engine lots of performance makes it bit faster. This time I have the navigation, heated and cooled seats, Mychevy link, rearview camera, remote start engine, sidestep tailgate as getting up on rear of my truck don't have to worry scratching or buffing up the rear chrome bumper. Its roomier inside with comfortable seats, steering controls are perfect with radio display and more. Silverado handles better on getting over now 25 miles per gallon on commuting from work to ''etc''. Being 6'1'' I absolutely fit comfortably even the doors opens wide enough and Bluetooth is optional the best as can easily reprogrammed my iPhone through navigation touch screen includes more advanced options. The truck is more stylish, it drives better on a much smoother suspension, can go over bumps excellent without any squeaks or rattles. Now have 1,250 miles on the odometer with best handling, no issues after 4 months owning my truck its the best truck ever besides I truly my old Silverado but overall happier with this crew cab having more features than ever."

Strong, comfortable,and quiet...

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "Comfort and mpg with strong V8"

Cons: "cost"

"Excellent engine 5.3 with excellent interior...link/nav works great. Cost is high , but sometimes you get what you pay for. Third truck and this is hands down the best yet."

Can go anywhere, and do anything. In comfort.

By on Sunday, May 31, 2015

Pros: "Does everything that you want a truck to do."

Cons: "Well, they're not cheap. A little thirsty in town."

The Red Menace, and its owner.

"I compared/drove similarly equipped GMC, Ram, Ford, Nissan and Toyota pickups. I found the Silverado best able to provide the balance of capabilities/value and comfort/convenience that I wanted. After a month-long, 8,300-mile 25-state tour that frequently had me camping in the bed, I have not been disappointed. My truck is equipped with the 5.3 liter V8 and the Z71 4X4 and LT option groups. You'd be hard-pressed to get it stuck, as it handles snow and mud very competently. A comfortable and easy to live with truck. Fuel economy at highway speeds is good (21 mpg at a steady 75 mph) for a nearly 6,000 lb. truck, and the engine pulls like a locomotive all the way up to the electronically-limited speed of 98 mph. (my only complaint). I've owned several trucks over the last 20+ years, and trucks are much more civilized than the farm implements that they were before it became cool to drive a pick-'em-up."

The Red Menace, and its owner.

Really Nice Truck!

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "Design, Interior, Fun to drive, well equipped"

Cons: "Mileage isn't always what it says..."

"Everyone says these are glam trucks. I couldn't disagree more. Yes, they do look good and ride really well, they are very well equipped for a ½ ton truck. Mine is an LTZ with the Sport Package. The design is great, and the interior is unprecedented. Compared to a Ford interior, the Chevrolet interior is approaching the quality of a German car. The ride is quiet and smooth, and the steering is wonderful. Of course the steering doesn't communicate the road well, but what vehicle does anymore? I plan on leveling the truck and putting some beefier tires on. At that point it will be a great off-roading vehicle. The 4-wd system is well designed, its the first time I've ever like the automatic 4 wheel drive. It has all the traditional 4 wheel modes, but the automatic makes it more comfortable, especially if you hit a slick spot without notice. I cannot stress enough the quality and design, its just wonderful. If you're considering a new truck, this new generation of Silverados is the way to go!"

Overall, Very Impressed!

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

Pros: "Infotainment, Gas Mileage, Spacious, Quiet Cab"

Cons: "Suspension"

"I bought my 2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Regular Cab 4x4 about 6 months ago and have really enjoyed it! I drive quite a distance for work so I got the V6 engine for better gas mileage and it hasn't disappointed. On the highway, I am getting about 22 MPG during the winter. I couldn't believe I got 26 MPG on a recent 7 hour trip! There is a ton of space in the cab of the truck. Even the backseats are comfortable. Im a technology kind of person so I really like the infotainment system. Its very simple to use and nice large screen. It instantly connects to my iPhone which is convenient for music and phone calls. Ive only had one issue with the truck so far. While pulling into a parking lot, it got stuck in 4WD and almost stalled out in the middle of the road. I called the dealership that I bought it from right away and they took care of the issue that same night. Overall, I absolutely love the truck! Nothing like the jet black color with a shiny chrome grille and rims!"

2014 4X4 Z71 LT Short Box: 5.3 liter

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "Style and features"

Cons: "None so far"

New Ride

"So far - very impressed with this truck - I have owned other Chevy trucks in the past with questionable reliability - will just have to wait and see - but first impressions after a week and 400 miles are positive - MY Link with 8 inch screen is impressive - very user friendly - voice commands work well - especially compared to other systems I have had - amazingly quiet inside - nice ride - but firm - should be with Z71 pkg - much more power compared to 2008 version of this truck -Boze speakers sound great - far more internal storage compartments in the doors. Best part is the gas mileage - traded in a 2013 Tacoma SR5 that got 19.7 in my daily daily driving routine (V6) - this truck is getting 19.0 in same circuit - includes lots of in town miles. Four wheel discs are also nice and very positive breaking - Interior material are top notch and external paint is flawless. Looked at the Tundra - but gas mileage and crash ratings were far less. More exited about this vehicle than most others I have owned."

New Ride

Great Truck....

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "MPG's are great. Very Comfortable seats. Roomy."

Cons: "None."

"I bought this truck 7 months ago. I love it. It is the best truck I have ever owned, hands down."

Great Truck

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Drive nice, looks nice, priced right."

Cons: "Heater takes a while to warm up in the mornings."

"This is about the 7-8th Chevy truck I have owned, and I feel it is one of the best trucks on the road. This is the first new Chevy I have owned, and we drove it over 6,000 miles in the two months I have had it. I never get tired of driving it. Before buying any other truck, drive one of these Chevies first."

Smooth ride with tons of features

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride, well laid out, comfortable interior"

Cons: "Would like a console shifter option like Ford"

"Picked up my new Silerado High Country yesterdy. Got a great deal with the Black Friday pricing. Traded in my 2009 Silverado LT. Went from middle of the road features to nearly every available option except the sunroof while upgrading 5 years,gaining a full warranty, with 2 years of free maintenance all for under $20K. All on a vehicle with a sticker price of nearly $52K."

This is a good truck but,

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Pros: "fuel mileage is very good, bluetooth, good ride,"

Cons: "sound system, too much base sound sub woffer"

"there some room for improvement on this truck. I bought this truck thinking it would handle the bumpy roads better then my 2001 Chevy Avalance, but even with the 271 package it's about the same. The fuel mileage is very good about 21 over the highway, the stock sound system lacks the punch of Avalance, the bose may be worth the extra cash. The shifting from second to third gear needed some tuning which the dealer handled. The back seat is very comfortable and roomly."

stay away if your OCD

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "interior design is nice"

Cons: "drivetrain, WAY OVERRATED FUEL ECONOMY"

"Truck rattled from day one, drive train clunks.. engine blows black smoke on start up (almost always) and the worst is the 55mp+ vibration that no one can fix... been in the shop over 35days total so far...will be getting rid of it soon..and to top it off I can barely muster 17.8mpg when babying it..."

Terrific riding and comfortable safe Pickup.

By on Saturday, January 31, 2015

Pros: "Seats, interior, new features, discounts"

Cons: "Wish these trucks got 25 mpg average, no bluetooth"

"I never thought I'd own a full sized truck. Over the years i had s-10s and rangers to do most of the jobs I needed done. I choose them in 4 cylinder formats to save gas and avoid 100 dollar fill ups on the big trucks. But recently a local chevy dealer had 12000 off and I had 3000 in additional discounts so I made the switch to Full size. The truck had a high sticker of 36560. Thats the wt1 model and I can honestly says its really nice for a work truck model. The interior is comfortable and there are many features in the truck. Id prefer a lower msrp to save on taxes but chevy seems to like to offer big discounts to move units. The new for '14 model is real nice. The engine is great, tranny is decent and truck is solid and quiet. Its a good truck. Gas mileage has been about 18 on average with mostly City driving. I hope it gets up to at least 20 on average. I recently paid $1.70 for gas at a local rez in WNY. But in the future I'm sure we will be paying more. I have the larger Crew Cab and the 5 feet eight inch bed. Its a great combo. The Interior is huge for the family and the bed is still very usable. I'm hoping for many decades of service from my new large truck."

powerful, comfortable, and great-looking design

By on Saturday, July 12, 2014

Pros: "active fuel management system. 355 HP & 23 mpg"

Cons: "no car seat anchors in middle back seat"

"Love this truck. I love the new design and the new technology included. I drive an average of 15-20 miles per day and average over 17 mpg, and that's all city driving. 90% of the 5,000 miles on my truck are city miles. Took on one trip of about 600 total miles and averaged over 23 mpg. Have hauled and pulled one time with it, and the truck preformed great. It's a very comfortable ride. I love the double cab design so much better than the previous models' "suicide doors" extended cabs. I do have some little nit-picky complaints about the new infotainment system Chevrolet has implemented, but all in all, this is a great truck. I would recommend this truck to anyone who needs a truck to be used as a "truck" and still wants nice style, options, technology, comfort, and needs to haul a family."

Good quality vehicle, met all of my expectations

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Pros: "Well designed, relatively good gas mileage, value"

Cons: "Traction control, stock floor mats"

"So far the truck is great, 11,000 miles in 4 months. Have previously owned a Chevrolet truck, this one is a substantial upgrade. That being said, I was able to walk out of the dealership happy, and still get a very well equipped truck. Everything is absolutely great on the interior, with the exception of the postage stamp size floor mats that come with the truck. WeatherTech floor mats are definitely a good investment to protect the interior. To date, everything else is fantastic."

High quality truck

By on Friday, April 17, 2015

Pros: "Ride handling comfort and quiteness."

Cons: "No cup holders in centerr stack rear"

"Great workmanship, ride handling and performance. Very quite ride with little outside noise. GM did great job here. There was a noisy rattle in the dash but I fixed that myself. Gas economy is averaging 21.6 with the 5.3 L83 V* engine. Allots of power and torque."