• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab

Based on 1243 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

a very solid well built comfortable truck.

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, comfort, quality, driveability"

"A very solid truck. Very good looks with a lot of chrome up front. The 40-20-40 seats with recliners are very comfortable on a long drive. The driver's information center gives a lot of mileage information as well as a digital speedometer. Highway mileage is very good for a full size truck. Have not had 1 problem with the truck. I highly recomend Silverado."

Love this truck

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Pros: "Not bad on gas for 8 cyl. Fun to drive!"

Cons: "No cons love the truck!"

"I bought this truck new and I LOVE it! It is reliableand strong! I have never has any issues with the truck. For an 8 cyl it is not bad on gas, it is equivalent to the 6 cyl.so you get the power of the 8 without.the huge gas bill!"

Not as good as the previous model

By on Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pros: "6 speed, towing, looks"

Cons: "active fuel management"

"I had a 2006 LT with the 5.3l the performance and gas mileage are not as good in this truck the truck looks good but the interior is cheaply made just not the truck the 2006 was"

It's only okay

By on Monday, April 23, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable and smooth"

Cons: "Transmission has too many problems and loves gas"

"Truck is comfortable, very smooth and very strong for my family and my company, but I have had problems with the transmission. Paying for gasoline is very expensive. If I'm very conservative with the gas pedal, I can do 18 miles a gallon on the highway. It is much, much less with just a little harder driving."

Great Truck

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Got a great deal from GM in 2008. $9000 off."

Cons: "No bluetooth"

"Love the truck but it doesn't have BlueTooth. Only aftermarket is offered on the 2008. Need to buy newer for BlueTooth. The warranty is only 3yr/36000 miles. Already expired."

Great vehicle loaded with options

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Vehicle is always reliable!"

Cons: "The trucks are a little on the pricey side."

"This has been a fantastic truck and vehicle to own. The basic features of the truck are great and the add-ons with the LTZ package clearly take it to the next level of luxury."

Great truck, worth every penny!

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, reliable"

"This is a great truck! I didn't want to get ride of my old truck because I didn't think I would like the 5.3L engine, but it combines the best of both sides. Its gives you good fuel mileage and has lots of power too."

Would not reccomend for its tranmission problems.

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Styling, engine revs nicely"

Cons: "Terrible inteior, 5.3 needs more power, unreliable"

"My truck's transmission shutters, runs hot and has trouble shifting at times. I've made 3 trips to the dealer but my truck continues to have problems."

Best Truck in all Categorys for 1500 Class

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "The whole package"

Cons: "The Z-71 package isn't anything great."

"Power, comfort Great 4x4, good economy with the flex fuel and engine management system. The tow package is the best in the business the wiring is up high and dry in the bumper."

excellent

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

"4.8 V8 lots of power, lots of torque,good gas mileage, rides great, excellent visibility,great looking truck"

Great all around vehicle - every aspect is good.

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "Working pickup in a rather compact package"

Cons: "Smaller engine means not as much power"

"Good vehicle, smooth suspension rides good on even the roughest country roads, has enough power to get the job done but towing package sacrifices some gas mileage, I get round 16 mpg (about 18 average if you drive nice). Interior is nice, big for an extended cab, and the air conditioning/heating is a beast on full blast. Exterior is nice, lines aren't too fancy and a cheap leveling kit can fix the forward slant on the suspension. Engine is easy to work on and has room around it for those who want to add their extras. So far this truck has great handling, and power to get through whatever i need."

Great reliable, tough vehicle!!!

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Powerful, reliable, classy!!"

Cons: "Gas prices are not very friendly with a 6.0 engine"

"Have used my truck to haul when I moved to my current location. I have this truck for 5 years now and truck is still running like new. Still in love with my truck, will never trade it in."

Best investment ever made!

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "Comfy, reasonable price tag, blast to drive, safe!"

Cons: "Excessively bouncy for some, windows fog in cold."

"I bought my truck new in August 2011, and got an amazing deal on it. After owning several sports cars(300zx TT, Neon SRT4) I found this truck to not only be a lot more comfortable, it also handles excellent. Since I was fresh out of highschool when I got it, I went with a regular cab LS model with the upgraded 4.8l engine. The gas mileage is not exactly correct as advertised(says 14-19, I get around 17 average) but is close enough. You get the power, durability and aggressive tone of an 8 cylinder engine, without the awful gas mileage. The only real drawbacks that I can think of for my truck is the limited space, which I would recommend the Extended cab if you either haul kids/pets/items and don't need a HUGE truck. Another thing is in the cold weather, the windows fog up, and after using the defroster to clear it, it will come back before long. The last thing isn't a big deal to me, but might be to some. It is a truck, not a Mercedes, so when you go down a bumpy road, you WILL feel them lol. If you're looking for a truck for a child, or yourself, I definitely would say, pick this one!"

Fantastic value for the money

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Pros: "price, comfort, performance and great resale value"

Cons: "Can't think of any."

"What else can you buy with such comfort and amenities for the price? Chevrolet usually has rebates on the Silverado 1500, anywhere from $2500 to $6000 or more. I have owned mine for almost 3 years and 24,000 miles, and have only had 2 minor problems - a malfunctioning remote and the power seat track was a little rough. Other than that, it delivers about 21mpg on freeway at 65mph, and 16 around town with the 5.3/6-speed/3.73 rear with amazing comfort. This is my 5th Silverado since 1994, and will definitely not be my last."

Rock Solid Silverado!

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "Excellent mpg, plenty of power and looks great!"

Cons: "Narrow cab, seats hard to keep clean"

"This is my first new Silverado I've ever bought. I had a 90 Chevy then owned a new style Ram in 2002 with the reliable 5.9L. The Ram was a nice riding, had a roomy cab, very comfy seats and was a reliable truck but got HORRIBLE gas mileage. I averaged 13-14 MPG @ 65 MPH. My new Silverado LT 4X4 gets 17-18 MPG doing 70 MPH and 20 at 60-65 MPH. My Silverado has excellent power. Only complaint I have is with the Active Fuel Management. The engineers at GM need to program the engine module to keep it in 4 cyl longer once it locks in. I believe 5.3L has plenty of power to handle it and the MPGs would go up considerably. Another beef I have is the cab seems narrow. It's hard to adjust the seat when you have work gloves on. Grabbing things out of the door cargo hold is a joke with the door closed. Also, the material the seats are made of are are difficult keep clean. They attract everything from dirt to dog hair like a magnet. Overall an awesome truck and already thinking of trading up for a 2012 LTZ."

By on Friday, September 03, 2010

Best truck so far

By on Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"I bought my crewcab LTZ 2 1/2 years ago. No problems at all. This is my first Chevy. I have had alot of trucks Ford, Dodge, Toyota and this Chevy is hands down the best so far!"

Silverado Classic

By on Wednesday, December 16, 2009

"I have a 2007 Silverado Classic WT Extended cab. I have had no problems with the truck, and absolutely love it. However, I have noticed that the value of this truck is significantly lower due to the fact that it is the older body style of the truck. I highly recommend this vehicle but do not over pay for truck."

09 Silverado LT V6

By on Wednesday, December 16, 2009

"I bought the 09 4.3 V6 auto 3.2 gears with locking differenntial. Have about 8500 miles on the vehicle. Ride is smooth but very stiff. Took the vehicle on a trip to KC MO and got about 24 mpg at 65 miles per hour and I get about 20-21mpg around town if I dont put my foot in it. Inside the cab is very quiet but there is a vibration coming from somewhere. Maybe the truck was made on a monday just when everyone thought GM was going to fold. It drives and looks nice. My wife needs a stepladder to get into the vehicle. I believe the 17" wheels are overkill. I dont appreciate the add ons, on star and tire monitors. Who needs them on a truck? If you cant keep track of tire pressure on the vehicle your riding in then sell your vehicles and walk. It doesnt use any oil and it has plenty of power for light loads. If your going to pull heavy loads constantly then you need one of the V8s. Except for the road vibration around 1400rpms, ie. 50-55mph the truck is solid and performs well. It rides very stiff and you need good kidneys if your going to keep the truck very long. If you require a very smooth ride then buy the Colorado. I have no doubt the truck is safe and reliable. I bought the metallic blue granite model regualr cab short bed. Its a great truck if you can afford all the add ons and non sense with government mandated add ons. Hope this review helps you with your selection."

AWESOME TRUCK

By on Monday, December 14, 2009

"I LOVE THIS TRUCK. I'VE HAD IT SINCE IT WAS BRAND NEW. I'VE HAD A FEW PROBLEMS WITH THE WIRING HARNESS THAT WORKS THE HEATER/AIR BUT, IT WAS UNDER WARRANTY AND GM FIXED IT. I PUT 22" WHEELS ON IT AND IT BRAKES POORLY. I KNOW THE WHEELS ARE NOT LIGHT BUT IT IS A TRUCK RIGHT? OTHER THAN THAT, I LOVE IT.VERY DEPENDABLE AND IT WILL HOLD A LOAD. A/C IS AWESOME (I LIVE IN VEGAS) AND IN THE SUMMER I PREFER TO DRIVE IT OVER MY CTS. OVERALL RATING IS A PERFECT 10. I WILL KROBABLY KEEP THIS TRUCK FOREVER. I LOVE THE WAY IT LOOKS AND DRIVES."

2007 Chevy Silverado

By on Monday, December 07, 2009

"I own my truck 3 years now 26,000 miles. This truck is the best i've ever owned. For all you American made car critics out there i would put my 07 silverado up against any of your toyotas or nissans and i know my silverado wont be seeing the car crusher any time soon for frame rot"

Have had better Chevy's

By on Monday, November 30, 2009

"I have owned several GM vehicles, Not impressed with fit and finish with this truck, Seats are coming unstitched, power window made noise, Emblem on tailgate had to be replaced because it was coming off, can hear the body flex while driving, 4.8 is underpowered, Gas mileage is good around 22 on the highway, 16-18 city. For the first time I have actually thought about buying another manufactuers truck. Will not buy at the end of lease."

excellent vehicle

By on Sunday, November 29, 2009

"I can tell you this truck holds its worth well and is a very safe and clean looking vehicle. My wife was rear ended at 50mph without the guy applying any brakes and needless to say my truck barley had any dmg on it and his truck was completley inoperable. Very good truck would recommend to anyone."

Squeaky Brakes

By on Friday, November 20, 2009

"I have had my truck into the shop 3 times now trying to fix the squeaky brakes, I am finally taking it to a 3rd party shop and going to pay out of pocket to have it fixed right."

By on Thursday, November 19, 2009

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals