• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab

Based on 1252 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

2k13 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 1LT

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "Price, Power, Features, Past Reliability, Brakes"

Cons: "Interior Seat Quality, Gas Mileage"

"I've had this truck for a few months now 8k miles driven. This truck has much better power +40hp from previous Silverado, a bigger bed and I opted for 4WD. The suspension is stiffer Z71 and takes turns much better. I've not tested 4wd as of yet. The brakes are bigger so that is a definite plus. Features are nice for sure, but may still be a little dated compared to the 2014 Model. Bluetooth, Backup Sensors, electric rear door windows, electric drivers seat, compass, gas mileage tracker. I like how the rear doors can swing all the way open now as compared to previous truck where they swing about half open k The gas mileage is not that great though, 14.7 mpg on California gas. The only cons I can think of for the moment are the Poor Material used on the Seats and interior having a little too many hard plastics. I had my last Silverado for 10 years and put 140k on that one so we'll see how this one holds up. I feel the 6 Speed automatic could have been tuned a little better."

Great truck

By on Sunday, April 19, 2015

"Zero complaints! Plenty of power and comfort for me"

Love this truck

By on Friday, June 19, 2015

"Excellent ride! Added borla dual exhaust, sounds great. Beautiful Ruby red color. Excellent ride quality, very comfortable on long trips, not one problem so far (almost two years old)"

2nd Chevy pick-up I've owned-with major problems

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "Smooth riding"

Cons: "Maintenance TOOOOOOOOOOOO high!"

"1st Chevy PU was 1974 that the fenders rusted thru in 7 MONTHS, said I'd never buy another....but in Jan of 2011 I bought this one used with almost 19000 miles--at 22000m needed all new shocks (not covered by warranty)---at almost 25000m tires were showing abnormal wear---needed new ball joints said the alignment mechanic---went to were I bought it they said it was "fine" nothing wrong. After 2 more different repair shops for alignment showing me that the ball joints could be wiggled by hand--went to another dealer who said that the warranty just expired--but after objecting that ball joints don't wear out at 25,000 m they did repair at no cost. Will not buy another Chevy again! My 1974 Ford had 483,214 mile with only regular up-keep done-NO MAJOR REPAIRS...................Still running and in use on Nephew's farm."

Some half-measures

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Nice design"

Cons: "Interior fabric"

"Overall, I give the vehicle high marks for design and reliability. However, the execution is a bit lacking. The fabric seems to ooze stray hairs that do not belong to anyone in our family and the rubber surfaces ( brake pedal, etc.) doesn't seem to be holding up as well as expected. The truck has plenty of horsepower, has great takeoff, and flies when you put it into "passing gear," however, it seems to lack a happy medium."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals