• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab

Based on 1243 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

2k13 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 1LT

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "Price, Power, Features, Past Reliability, Brakes"

Cons: "Interior Seat Quality, Gas Mileage"

"I've had this truck for a few months now 8k miles driven. This truck has much better power +40hp from previous Silverado, a bigger bed and I opted for 4WD. The suspension is stiffer Z71 and takes turns much better. I've not tested 4wd as of yet. The brakes are bigger so that is a definite plus. Features are nice for sure, but may still be a little dated compared to the 2014 Model. Bluetooth, Backup Sensors, electric rear door windows, electric drivers seat, compass, gas mileage tracker. I like how the rear doors can swing all the way open now as compared to previous truck where they swing about half open k The gas mileage is not that great though, 14.7 mpg on California gas. The only cons I can think of for the moment are the Poor Material used on the Seats and interior having a little too many hard plastics. I had my last Silverado for 10 years and put 140k on that one so we'll see how this one holds up. I feel the 6 Speed automatic could have been tuned a little better."

Dependable work truck, not good in snow/ice

By on Saturday, May 09, 2015

Pros: "Fair price, reliable, good for everyday"

Cons: "Poor traction in slippery conditions"

"I drive this truck everyday & have taken great care of it. Bought it certified used at 30k miles. Have put on 15k in 2 years. Only normal wear and tear replacements (spark plugs, wires, air filter, tires). I have towed approximately 6500-7000 lbs with it for 130 miles in tow mode, had no problems. Great for local work. It's not very fancy but it is dependable, tough, and user friendly. The only thing the 2009 Chevrolet Silverado WT 4.3L V6 2WD version lacks is traction control. Be sure to add weight in the bed if driving in snowy or icy conditions, and have good treads on your tires, rear tires especially."

Great truck

By on Monday, May 04, 2015

Pros: "plenty of power to do whatever you need to do"

Cons: "por fuel millage"

"I have one that my company bought for me to use and it is a great truck i pull a 3k pound trailer probly 75% of the time and it pulls great. The only thing i dont like about it is the fuel economy empty i get about 18mpg pulling the trailer i get between 8 and 10 mpg depending on the conditions."

Excellent value & condition

By on Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Pros: "Great condition; another 80,000 miles or more"

Cons: "Slight paint scrapes on rear panel"

"This vehicle has been an excellent performer whether it was towing our 25' Jayco trailer, getting to the fishing hole or trips across the USA. Its entire life has been run on high grade synthetic oils, regular maintenance between 3,000-5,000 miles. Minor scratches on right rear panel. Has a Thule rack system with padded crossbars; coated pickup bed. Chrome running boards."

Good reliable truck

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive very comfortable"

Cons: "Inside of bed is easily dented."

"I bought this truck brand new, it had a couple of minor issues under warrany, but they were covered with no cost to me. What is dissapointing is that AFTER the warranty expired it starting having more issues that were minor in nature,but expensive to fix.(shift bushings, airbag sensors,etc)I have 72,000 miles on it. I would expect to replace brakes and tires, battery etc, but this other stuff is a bit troubling. Other than that it has never had a major breakdown. It has had every service needed done on schedule."

I love my Truck

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, Beautiful design and a treat to drive"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be a little better"

"I bought this truck so that it would make it easier on home projects and picking up materials. What I found was an awesome buy and one of the best vehicles I have ever purchased. it rides great, looks great as well as being a very safe vehicle. Thanks Chevy for a great truck !!!"

nice pickup garage keep

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "great pickup for money"

Cons: "it's 7 years old which means nothing"

"Silver birch metallic color, ebony cloth int,Silverado LT1 equipment group, LT1 convenience package, 5.3LV8 20 inch aluminum wheels trailering package locking rear diff. high performance suspension 6 way power driver seat power sliding rear window xm radio 3.73 rear gears gvw rating-6800lbs smoked bug shield window vent covers chrome running boards polished aluminum bed rail covers chrome wheel well cover rhino bed liner Goodyear eagle tires. Really Nice Truck $22,000"

2nd Chevy pick-up I've owned-with major problems

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "Smooth riding"

Cons: "Maintenance TOOOOOOOOOOOO high!"

"1st Chevy PU was 1974 that the fenders rusted thru in 7 MONTHS, said I'd never buy another....but in Jan of 2011 I bought this one used with almost 19000 miles--at 22000m needed all new shocks (not covered by warranty)---at almost 25000m tires were showing abnormal wear---needed new ball joints said the alignment mechanic---went to were I bought it they said it was "fine" nothing wrong. After 2 more different repair shops for alignment showing me that the ball joints could be wiggled by hand--went to another dealer who said that the warranty just expired--but after objecting that ball joints don't wear out at 25,000 m they did repair at no cost. Will not buy another Chevy again! My 1974 Ford had 483,214 mile with only regular up-keep done-NO MAJOR REPAIRS...................Still running and in use on Nephew's farm."

Some half-measures

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Nice design"

Cons: "Interior fabric"

"Overall, I give the vehicle high marks for design and reliability. However, the execution is a bit lacking. The fabric seems to ooze stray hairs that do not belong to anyone in our family and the rubber surfaces ( brake pedal, etc.) doesn't seem to be holding up as well as expected. The truck has plenty of horsepower, has great takeoff, and flies when you put it into "passing gear," however, it seems to lack a happy medium."

Dependable performer in all weather conditions

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "Good value at purchase; plenty of useful features"

Cons: "Poor mileage,"

"This 2007 Silverado performed admirably in often tough and icy winter driving conditions, on highways, country roads and in the City (Washington DC in this case). When the truck was new, the controls were all very handy, easy to use and intuitive such as with the climate control and radio systems- The ride is also very comfortable- having compared it to a very bouncy Toyota Tundra, and, for the year, boring F150. Though not having quite the torque and roar of a Ram 1500, it more than makes up for that in its agility and smooth driving characteristics. It was fun to drive in most weather situations and takes curves nicely. It was not until the 160,000 mile mark that the truck experienced its first mechanical failure- left front wheel bearings- but it has remained a fairly flawless ride given its advanced mile-age"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals