2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab

Based on 3000 Ratings for the 2004 - 2006 models.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "FUN, Fun to drive, still has great value."

Cons: "High maintenance costs & poor city gas mileage."

"Best truck "I" have ever owned, reliable, responsive, 450-500 mpg, per tank of gas on a long trip, very comfortable ride on a good road. Power is amazing, this truck has it & it's effortless. Still turns heads 8 years later, She's kept showroom ready at all times. Again, BEST TRUCK "I'VE EVER OWNED."

Unrivaled Total Performance

By on Monday, December 28, 2015

Pros: "economy, power, performance, comfort, reliability"

Cons: "Really none I can think of"

"This truck has been beyond imagination in all aspects. The fuel economy, power, performance, comfort & reliability are all superb. Other than normal maintenance, at over 141,000 miles, there have been no repairs. Just used for a 8,200 mile coast to coast trip with zero issues, getting 17 to 24 MPG. (Some weather conditions were horrible). Keep in mind that is a 4x4 with the Z-71 Off Road Package running BFG Rugged Trail all terrain tires! The 5.3 engine just can not be beat, with ample reserve power (even tows a 30' 5th wheel camper). I have also talked with other Silverado owners that have had similar experiences--this is one great truck.f"

Best truck I ever owned

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "21 mpg 23 mpg on highway"

Cons: "surface rust on rocker panels"

"288,000 miles with original transmission and engine. Only major repair was a water pump. Kept it serviced and fresh fluids and filters. Great job GM!"

Extremely reliable truck

By on Sunday, July 08, 2012

Pros: "MPG (20-22), Performance, Exterior Design"

Cons: "Turning radius, interior"

"I bought this truck 4 years ago and have been more than surprised by how well it has performed. I have had this truck since approximately 70k miles and have not had any major repairs needed. I keep up on all the maintenance and it has not failed me. It has never not started or had any malfunction lights come on. The vehicle was priced well over its Dodge and Ford counterparts, even though it lacked a lot of the cabin technology those makes offered. It made up for that in engine quality and gas efficiency."

a real truck

By on Sunday, June 21, 2009

"I never experienced a factory defect or mechanical problem even with extreme punishment and abuse, which is the most important thing about a truck right. Beyond the obviously reliability, Chevrolet provided good features that make this truck comfortable and easy to drive. I purchased my truck new and even after 54,000 hard miles everything functions as it did when it was new, i would recommend this truck to anyone in the market for a tough yet well mannered truck. Take it to the city for a night on the town on Saturday and to the work site on Monday."

Quality and durability

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

"I bought this truck new with 20 miles and it now has 175,000 miles. 5.3 V-8 which does not burn oil. I did have to replace the transmission at 117,000 miles. Many of the miles were cross country in mountainous terrain towing a 20' bass boat, out in UT, ID, AZ and NV. I just replaced the alternator at 175,000 miles and both front wheel bearings at 168,000 miles. Other than the transmission the repairs have been what one would expect after so many miles."

Love it, great quality, good mpg 17-25

By on Sunday, June 19, 2011

Pros: "fun, gets me through 12 inches of snow, just over all a great truck"

Cons: "nothin i can think of"

playin in the sand

"I bought this truck last fall after my last car blew up, It a 2000 Silverado 4.8L V8 with a 5 speed 4x4 and all the options and the 4th door. it had 105000 miles when i bought it, it GETS 17 MPG AROUND TOWN! and 25 Highway! and thats playing a little and gettin on it, I only paid $7000 and this it the BEST TRUCK I HAVE EVER DRIVIN, this truck has been very good to me, it works great in the winter with snow, although it does take a while to warm up in winter, and it is great during hunting season, ive brought it to heck and back and have only replaced a wheel bearing, i would highly recommend this to anyone lookin for a nice truck, I love mine!"

playin in the sand

"LIKE A ROCK"

By on Thursday, January 01, 2009

"I love my 2000 Z-71. I am the second owner, have owned this truck for over 6 years and have never broken down. The engine has an abundance of power, and shifts perfectly. With over 93,000 miles on it, it still feels like it did on day 1."

Strong, but expensive to operate.

By on Sunday, September 13, 2015

Pros: "Good power, decent ride, nice interior."

Cons: "poor economy, poor paint,"

"I purchased truck new to use as tow vehicle and everyday general local travel. Very hard on gas, local and on highway. Average 13 mpg on highway, about 11.5 locally. Fuel economy drops to 8 - 9 when towing 7500 lb trailer. Mechanically very reliable vehicle. No issues with drive-ability at any time. Poor roadholding as backend breaks loose easily in hard turns, must always realize it is not a car. Poor quality paint, chips easily. I have had the grille replaced due to discoloration, replaced with GM product, and it is now bad also. Will look for another product when I have to get new truck."

Great riding vehicle with good gas mileage

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

"Very few mechanical issues. It has been a great vehicle. Very comfortable to drive, Gets around good in the snow and mud."

One of the absolute best cars i have ever driven!

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

"This car is so easy to drive it pretty much drives itself. The sleek design of it makes it not only the best car to drive, but the best looking as well. I highly recommend this car to anyone that is seeking a well built, good looking easy to drive chick magnet of a truck."

Solid and reliable

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, AWD"

Cons: "Weight, fuel mileage"

"Purchased my 2004 Arrival Blue SS Silverado in 2005 with 5600 miles on it. This truck has been nothing but reliable and fun to drive. The AWD has been the best feature for this truck. I'm able to drive in winter conditions with ease and the torque at acceleration is a blast. I've performed all the maintenance at the required intervals and have never had any mechanical issues. Just hit the 110,000 mark and the truck still looks great and performs like it did when I purchased it. The only complaint is the fading of the stereo/heater buttons from normal use (typical GM issue)."

SET ASIDE GAS MILAGE, BEST TRUCK TO DATE

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "LOTS OF POWER, LEATHER, HEATED SEATS, BOSE STEREO"

Cons: "13MPG HWY, TORSION SUSPENSION"

4"CST LIFT 33"BFG'S 2"BLOCKS 2WD

"MY ONLY COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS TRUCK IS THAT IT USES TORSION BAR SUSPENSION UP FRONT AND ITS NOT VERY NICE TO YOU WHEN YOU CRANK ON THEM AND ADD A SPINDLE LIFT PLUS BFG A/T TIRES. OTHER THAN THAT, ID TAKE THIS TRUCK OVER A DIESEL FOR RELIABILITY AND IM A HUGE DIESEL FAN. I HAVE NEAR 60K MILES AND BOUGHT IT BRAND NEW. NEVER LETS ME DOWN AND IS VERY DEPENADABLE. WISH I WOULD HAVE GOT THE 4X4 BUT OTHER THAN THAT, NO COMPLAINTS. THIS TRUCK WILL MAKE IT TILL 300K NO PROBLEM."

4"CST LIFT 33"BFG'S 2"BLOCKS 2WD

Coolest truck I've ever owned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Sunday, February 02, 2014

Pros: "all wheel drive, horsepower, held its value!"

Cons: "poor gas milage"

"I love my SS! I use my Truck for everyday driving. It performs fantastically. I'm an old hot rodder and get into the occasional drag race with a Mustang, Challenger,or even a Lightning F-150 and as long as they are stock ,like my SS i clobber them. Its great in the winter as I live in the Ozarks where the small mountains and hills are treacherous in snow. I've never had trouble even in 14 inches of snow. Great truck!!!!!!!!"

great reliable daily driver, a real sweetheart

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "very comforable to drive quiet smooth trustworthy"

Cons: "remove the evap emissions system only sore spot"

"I have owned this truck for7 years , used as a work truck. I have taken very good care of this truck , just wish it had heavier duty back breaks. 1 caliper is a bit under sized I feel. But all in all it is still a very strong runner ,just time for me to retire and let someone else love her!!"

LOVE MY TRUCK

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Reliability is great!!!"

"I bought this thing with 180,000 and have worked it for the past 20k pulling my 16 foot trailer and hauling all kinds of stuff. This thing is a work horse and have had no problems. It's already paid for itself. Good gas mileage and power for a V6."

The best truck i have owned.

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

"This truck has 175000 miles on it and drives like a brand new truck. This is by far the most dependable and comfortable truck I have ever had and I love it."

this is the best truck ever, i bought it new

By on Tuesday, November 01, 2011

"BEST TRUCK EVER, I BOUGHT WHEN IT WAS NEW AND NOW HAS OVER 140,000 MILES ON IT AND IT RUNS LIKE NEW. I THINK THE REASON IT IS SUCH A GREAT TRUCK IS BECAUSE I DO ALL OF MY MAINTANCE AT THE DEALERSHIP. I EVEN PLOW WITH THIS TRUCK"

Very Good Truck

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Very reliable and good on long trips"

Cons: "Doesn't like small parking lots or tight spaces ."

"Does everything you ask it to do from hauling kids around to towing just about any thing you can put behind it. It is a good all around truck to have."

Very good, reliable vehicle.

By on Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pros: "value, comfort"

Cons: "gas mileage, have had to replace speakers twice."

"Owned a '97 F150 for 11 months prior to buying this Chevy. The Ford was in the shop 18 times in that 11 months for multiple problems. This vehicle has been in the shop twice. Once for a brake computer that failed and the other time for rework of rear brake system. Otherwise, it's been a reliable workhorse. Since the advent of ethanol my gas mileage has plummeted from 18-22 to 16-17. For a 6 cyl, that is poor in my opinion. The 18-22 I thought was awesome for a truck. Comfortable enough my wife and I take it on all road trips. Hard matching landau cap makes it very versatile and stylish. I'll keep it til it drops dead. Hope to see another 8-10 years out of it."

Very Reliable Truck

By on Saturday, August 23, 2008

"I have had my 2006 silverado 4x4 for 2 years now and love it. It has been very reliable and performs great. The four wheel drive works perfect. I had a 99 siverado with the 5.3 before this one and this has been a better truck overall so far. I highly recommend this truck."

Best vehicle ever

By on Thursday, April 05, 2007

"We bought our Silverado March 20th, 2007. My husband has had a chance to pull our 16 foot fishing boat with it and he was very happy with its performance. It has all the power you need when you need it. The seats are very comfortable. It has a large interior which provides ample room for all people. The dash is laid out almost perfectly. The fuel management technology is very powerful and very fuel efficient. The first time we filled it up it was getting 17 miles to the gallon and it continues to improve. We are very happy with the truck and plan to buy another one in the future."

I love my SS!!!

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

Pros: "lots of power and looks great"

Cons: "gas milage"

"My SS has been a wonderful truck!"

I think this is a good truck butttt....

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

"I think this is a ver good truck so that's why I am dumbfounded when I see how look the kbb value for this vehicle is. It doesn't go above 3000 dollars only slightly above 2000. I typed in virtually the same truck but 1 year older and it's value was 5000 dollars typically. I just feel that this should get examined. Thank you"

Great truck, very reliable and useful

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pros: "good price, reliable, useful, and fun to drive"

Cons: "bad brake lines, should have been epoxy coated"

"This truck has been very reliable and comfortable to drive, handle and maintain. It has been very useful over the years and even though 10 years old still looks brand new. The only thing I can say bad about the truck are the brakelines which rotted a few years ago and had to be replaced, since they weren't epoxy coated."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals