1999 Chevrolet S10 Regular Cab

8.0

Based on 1369 Ratings for the 1994 - 2003 models.

Use & Abuse

By on Friday, July 24, 2009

"I have owned a 2000 for 9 years now. I have used and abused this truck, hauled WAY more than what the manufacturer recommends, and beat this thing to a pulp, and it just won't die. It's a good little truck and I expect it to last another 9 years even under my abuse. My only regret is with the "sport suspension" you get a terribly bumpy ride. Women esspecially complain. It looks nicer but if I did it all over, I would just get the regular suspension."

By on Thursday, October 30, 2008

S10 bad quality

By on Monday, September 22, 2008

"bought this truck used in 2001. When it hit 89950 tranny went out thank god i was covered by extended warranty till 90k. The dealership took nearly two weeks to get it in, and replace after a year it seemed shifting up and down weird. Took back another 2 weeks they rebuild it then on highway overdrive dies!! they fix again this time right! over the next few years the alternator went out along with the water pump and the A/C. When i traded it in last week at 147k miles the power steering was leaking fluid and the a/c compressor needed replacing. My new Ranger is not as comfortable but its new and under warranty!! oh yeah forgot the wiper module boards fail last year the steering thingy failed and the right wheel almost came off that was a $800 repair! i put so much money into keeping this truck running, and i am a good driver, that does not abuse vehicles!! loved the look of the truck but it was a maintenance nightmare! should have bought a Nissan!"

looks good, thats it

By on Wednesday, May 7, 2008

"I love chevy and the S10, but not my S10. This is my 2nd minitruck and I wish I would of stuck with my first, which was a 91 Mazda B2600i. My S10 is a 99, 2.2L 4 banger. I think it looks good and has potental to be even better but the 2.2L is just so slow and powerless and getting about 18mpg. Had to rebuild trans., tune up, and replace the catalitic converter. If considering an S10 get the V6."

Good Truck

By on Tuesday, April 1, 2008

"I've had my 1998 S-10 since 2005, when it had 75K miles on it. Now 3 years, and nearly 60K miles later, I still love it. I had to replace the alternator around 100K, but that's common. I've heard of some trouble with the engine in S-10's, but most of those came from owners of the 2.2L 4-Cyl. Mine is the Vortec 4.3L V6. I stand 6'2", and can fit in the cab comfortably. I've heard ex S-10 drivers saying to go Toyota or Ford, but they all must be 5'9" or shorter. My only complaint is a lack of power windows and locks, that many other brands put standard in much older models, but overall, I can't complain."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet S10 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals