1998 Chevrolet S10 Extended Cab

8.0

Based on 1354 Ratings for the 1994 - 2004 models.

No major problems in over ten years

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pros: "good mileage for a truck, dependable, long lasting"

Cons: "limited leg room."

"I have owned my 2000 s-10 for over 10 years. It has been extremely reliable. Outside basics maintenance I have never had to have major repairs done on it. It gets decent gas milage for a truck. (I have a 4 cylinder engine.) Overall, I have enjoyed owning this truck and would be hard pressed to sell it any time soon."

Good little trucks

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pros: "All around nice little trucks"

Cons: "Fuel mileage is the same as a half ton with a V8"

"The S10 is a great little pickup. Very convenient for the size. Good power, great torque, 4wd works wonders with the places these little trucks go. They just don't get the fuel mileage you would think. I've owned my truck since it had 69,000 miles and currently has 94,000. Wouldn't own another small brand truck if someone paid me!"

Good Value, But Don't Skimp on Maintenance

By on Sunday, December 22, 2013

Pros: "Economical, Reliable, Decent Road Manners"

Cons: "Limited Load Capacity and Seating"

S-10 Regular Cab

"Bought this truck used in 2009, have driven about 25K since then. It was formerly a fleet vehicle, and had many functional issues when purchased. It did run and drive OK, though. All problems were eventually corrected at the local dealership, which jacked up the purchase price considerably. As they say, YMMV.\ All the problems on this truck were caused by lack of regular maintenance. Not an uncommon thing with lease or fleet vehicles. After many parts and many dollars, the truck is currenly in great condition. I'm rating this a very good value, since I'm sure it would have been in much better shape if maintained properly. After all repairs were completed, it's been virtually trouble-free.\ Gas mileage is OK, but nothing to brag about. In town with the A/C running, MPG is pretty bad. On the highway, though, it's possible to squeeze out 26 MPG with a light load. The 4-Cyl engine struggles in some situations, but generally has enough power for most conditions. I don't pull trailers or haul loads over 600 lbs or so, but in retrospect I think the V6 engine would have been a better choice.\ Handles very well on dry pavement and rainy roads. In snow, not so much. You'll need at least 400 lbs in the bed during winter to safely handle the deeper snow. I installed taller, wider tires, and that helped quite a bit. Passable for off-road use, as long as the trail is dry and firm. Otherwise, don't even think about it.\ A reliable little work truck for light use. Enough creature comforts to satisfy most folks, without driving the price up. As a used vehicle, this could be a real bargain if you find one that's been cared for."

S-10 Regular Cab

Overall great little truck!

By on Saturday, May 04, 2013

Pros: "4.3 Vortec engine is great. very rugged."

Cons: "The size is just a touch small."

"It's done almost everything I've asked it to do."

Great Little Truck

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pros: "POWER, MPG and most of all RELIABLITY"

Cons: "Cheap interior components"

"I bought this truck 2.5 years ago with 145000 miles and it now has 165000 miles and those 20000 miles have been the most reliable miles I have driven. Granted I do keep great care of my truck and I suspect the previous owner did as well. Great power to MPG ratio. I have a 1999 with the ZR2 package. Driving all highway miles on a tank of gas I get 22 MPG (70 MPH). Driving all in town miles on a tank of gas I get 14 MPG. The S-10 with the ZR2 package has GREAT off road capabilities!!! Trust me I have tested it. It's no full size diesel but I have pulled a 4000 pound trailer down the highway and up some pretty steep inclines and this truck didn't even blink. Only complaint is the interior is a little small and some interior compents are cheaply made (center consule door and seat handles) have had to replace the seat adjusters, cost me maybe $40 in parts and took only 5 min to swap out."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet S10 Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals