2015 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,024 - $27,216.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 05/05/2016

10/7.7

8.1

Based on 142 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

Chose the Malibu over a BMW 3 Series!

By on Friday, September 07, 2012

Pros: "VERY affordable, stylish, great drive"

Cons: "Does not have seat config memory"

"I want to preface this by saying that I am a BMW owner and I was looking for my next car to replace my BMW. So naturally, one of my options was to go with another BMW and really weighed my options based on price, MPG, technology, performance and handling. After A LOT of research, I became a proud owner of a 2013 Malibu. I feel that I made the right choice based on these facts: 1) I saved about $12K 2) I got a car that provides great handling (believe me I tested it around traffic circles and compared it to how I felt with my BMW) 3) I love the fact that I get about 10 MPG more on the highway 4) having a hubby that knows a lot about cars and engines, his research and understanding made me confident that this car will be very reliable! Now for you BMW owners out there, you're probably thinking but what about the performance so I have to be honest and say that it does not EXACTLY have the same pick up and go but pretty darn close. I am a rather agressive driver so one of my criteria was to not feel like I could not get going like I wanted to and the Malibu does pretty darn well! Okay now for some real PLUSES! I love the ride, it's so smooth and so comfortable. Living in Colorado, I have the luxury of taking long drives in the mountains and did that was very impressed. I got the leather interior, it's beautiful and it's classy! At night, the dash has blue back lighting that is just so cool! Great sound system and supports bluetooth technology which made it a breeze to sync my phone with the car. I love just telling my car to make a call without me having to look at my phone! So again, for the value, I feel that I got a GREAT, GREAT car!!!"

I love my car!

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pros: "Receive a lot of looks and compliments!"

"This car is terrific, I am glad to see Chevy has come out with something that has style and class. I get great gas mileage, have plenty room even for my son who stands at 6'3 and sits in the back. The seats are comfortable and the safety is an A+. It took about a week to understand how the air conditioning works. If it is cut completely off, it won't come on when it's started. Some of the bad reviews would have kept me from purchasing it; but GLAD I DIDN'T LISTEN! It comes with a guide to help understand, so get to know your car because some of the reviews I have seen are not true. GO CHEVY!!"

Great Gas Mileage

By on Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, technology, very quiet to drive"

Cons: "Back seat leg room"

"I bought this car just a few weeks after it was introduced and I have been extremely happy with it to this point. I decided to go with the 1SA with the convienience package and moonroof as I'm not a big fan of leather seats, but wanted the other options. I drive about 100 miles per day and needed a vehicle that would get good gas mileage and still had enough room for a family of 4. So far I'm consistently getting about 36 mpg, even when running the ac on hot days. I love the technology with the rear view camera and large touch-screen display, and really like being able to link to Pandora through bluetooth, which for me will eliminate the need for the XM radio once the free trial period is over. I also really like the styling which is what initially made me interested in the car. I find that the back seat leg room is a little tight - I'm about 6'2" and have two small children still in car seats and get the back of my seat kicked quite a bit. The trunk is also a little small due to the battery placement, but I don't use it that often so it hasn't really been an issue for me. It also takes a little while to get used to the feel of driving with the auto start/stop technology - it's a very strange feeling at first when the auto stop kicks in at a stop light and the engine powers off. Overall I really like this car and am very happy with my decision to purchase it."

best Chevy owned.

By on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

"I have driven 3 Equinox. I owned a 2011 Equinox and also 2013 models. After two years of engine or transmission issues, my wife and I gave chevy one last shot before threatening lemon law. We ended up breaking even on our trade in and some work by our dealership. We went with the Eco, and I must say, it's been a great car so far. The drive is quiet and comfortable. I would have no problem taking this car from Ohio to California. The Eco took a couple days to get used to in stop and go traffic and stop signs, but i got used to it. I am very satisfied with the Eco and I'm not an American car lover. My wife's father worked for GM so...........needless to say, I had to give GM a chance. Mileage averages 27 in the city and 42 on the highway. The features offered as standard seem to be more than what competitors offer. The interior is well- made from the dashboard, buttons, nobs, and seats. The LCD touchscreen is very nice. One thing I have noticed is using the air conditioner does not lower gas mileage, but maybe by a mile or two per gallon. That's huge to me. Eco's exterior has been modified. I'm 32 and feel that the car fits my age. Not too young but not middle-aged yet either. I feel like it has a little Sonata mixed with Camry for the body style. I'm have had terrible experiences with the Equinox, and have not been much of a Chevy fan. I can honestly say that Chevy did a superb job in designing this car. I would get the Eco versus the LT or LS, but that's just my preference. You will notice enough difference in mileage that it will pay off in two years."

Best purchase of my life!

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG, Stylish, Quiet, Comfortable Interior"

Cons: "A bit lacking in rear seat leg room"

"I've owned this car (2013 Malibu Eco 2SA with white diamond tri-coat paint) for about 14 months and every morning I drive it to work, I still feel like I'm driving a brand new vehicle! The car is loaded with every option Chevy could offer. I've averaged almost 31 MPG (getting better with every month as the car continues to break in), with most of my driving in Baltimore Beltway traffic. On the open road at highway speeds, I've seen mileage close to 37 MPG. The car handles like a dream and the interior is luxurious. It is the quietest ride I've every driven. The MyLink Infotainment system is awesome. Easy connectivity with bluetooth devices and the hands-free features are very easy to use. I receive all forms of nice comments from folks at gas stations while gassing up, which just gives me a great feeling. Many people have mistaken the car for a European model because of it's styling. GM took things to a new level with this design. When I read some of the negative reviews on this site, I just have to shake my head. Those reviews are so far from reality, all I can think is that those folks either got a lemon (which happens from time to time with any manufacturer) or these folks simply can't be satisfied. I keep cars forever, so re-sale value means little to me. I plan to keep this car for a very long time, and so I treat the car to a monthly detail. The workers at the auto spa rave about the cars good looks! I would recommend this car in a heart beat. I seriously Was considering the 2013 Honda Accord (I previously owned one for 18+ years), but once I test drove the Malibu and saw that I could get everything I wanted for almost $7,000 less than the Accord, it was a no brainer. Congrats to GM and Chevy! Love IT!!!"

I LOVE THIS CAR

By on Monday, September 03, 2012

Pros: "Great price, handles amazing super easy controlls"

"We bought this car for the mileage and it delivered. My wife drives this car to work, 100 miles a day. It's all highway and she gets 39 mpg all day long. We traded in her 2012 equinox nd it does not feel like we lost any room or storage. My dad got a 2013 Buick Verona and paid more for it than we did our car nd our car beats the buick hands down, no compition. Love this car wouldn't trade it for anything."

Astonishing technology! Unbelievably quiet!

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Pros: "Quiet, performance, economy, ride, handling,"

Cons: "None!"

"I have owned many, many cars. Not always a GM fan. Said I would never buy a new car again! Then I found the Malibu! Bought the Eco version. I haven't been in a car this quiet, over all kinds of road surfaces, since I went on a trip in my friend's Rolls Royce in the 70's! The Malibu is an incredible value platform. The upscale versions of this car are the Buick and Cadillac. This Malibu is the better choice for the money."

Love the new 2013 Chevy Malibu, great design.

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Great design, intrrior, exterior"

Cons: "Poor radio sound quality"

"I really love this car. I bought the 1LS model and it rides wonderfully, looks sporty. Maybe this vehicle is a little more expensive than competitors, but this is a classic American auto. I bought a 2013 Toyota Corolla and I had serious steering problems so I changed it for this new 2013 Malibu. The Malibu has a great smooth ride and the interior is comfortable and excellent design. The car gets mpg just like it says, 37 mpg, open road, and 31mpg in town. Not many cars will get that good right out of the gate. In my experience, I went to Alabama driving around 58 mph average and the car did 52mpg!"

Ever so satisfied with this car

By on Thursday, April 14, 2016

Pros: "Price Driving Comfort Quality Feel"

"I purchased a 2016 camry and did I ever make a mistake.Being so dissatisfied I did the research I should have done from the start.My seach led me to the Malibu.What a difference.This is a car to love.the ride is better as are the cabin comforts,driving position,brakes,steering feel and the general feel of quality that are so missing in the Camry."

2014 Chevy Malibu LTZ

By on Wednesday, March 02, 2016

"I love my Malibu. I purchased this car a little less than 2 months ago to replace my 2005 Mazda 3, which I also loved. I had considered going with another; however, I am about 5'10 and I wanted something a little larger. I began comparing Mazda 6s to Malibus to Fusions, Camrys, Sonatas, etc... however, after reviewing the options, model reviews, and so on; what I was able to get for the money, paired with my personal preference for style, the Chevy pulled out ahead of the rest. Thus far, I have not been disappointed. I have not had an issue with the noise as others have stated, I would imagine this could be noticed during a test drive? This is the same for acceleration and eco-stop. For me, I prefer it. You do recognize when it turns off and on, but it's nothing that is inconvenient and it has never hindered me from being able to pull forward when I wanted to. I was initially hesitant after reading reviews, but even in intersections, turning lanes, or anywhere else where you want that split second reaction the car has transitioned seamlessly from start to stop. I also have not had an issue scraping coming in and out of driveways or off of hills. Living in East Tennessee hills and dips are common place. Also, I have not had an issue with the trunk space or backseat space. Until my Mazda I had always purchased SUVs so I am particular to space, and this has not left me wanting for my needs. That said I do not have children, but for two people this is a great fit. I do believe that in comparison the get up and go of the Malibu is somewhat restrained in comparison to the 3, but it is a larger vehicle utilizing a V4. In comparison to other vehicles in its size class with a V4 it is well comparable. My only complaints are the size of the glove box and center console as they are a little smaller than I am used to, but the "hidden" console behind the radio interface is a nice addition. While the backseat is not huge, everyone that has ridden in my vehicle thus far has appreciated the leg room. I have a 73 year old father who is around 6'4 and is hesitant to ride for long periods, let alone in the backseat, but he took a 2 hour trip, riding behind me, and said that he was fine. After addressing the reported issues, I have to speak on the things that I love. I am so thankful for these seats! I'm not certain why some have complained that they are uncomfortable, I've never had so many options for how to adjust my position in any seat, car, office chair, or otherwise. You can adjust the height, the tilt, the back, the lumbar, etc...I am particularly fond of the lumbar support. I am extremely curvy, small in the waist with an anything but small lower section. I often don't get a great deal of support because of how much space there is between my bottom and my back, but this seat accommodates in every way. Another feature that is beneficial is the seat memory setting as everyone does not have the proportional issues that I do to try and accommodate. I love the remote start, I love the blue lighting, I love the overall design. All of the interfaces are incredibly easy to navigate and the additional digital display for odometer, mpg, etc is great. Handling is smooth, again, going back and forth between East TN into NC and VA on backroads there is no lack of curvy hilly roads, but it has taken them all in stride. I loved my Mazda for it's handling as they have a reputation for hugging curves and maintaining and this Malibu, even though it is larger, still clings to the curves in a great way. I purchased this car with 46,000 miles for 15k and feel like it was a great purchase as it came with a lifetime warranty for powertrain as well as a year's worth of oil changes (much better value since it requires synthetic). I had considered buying a new 2016 for 20k, but to get everything that I have now in the 2016 would have cost me over 30k. Undoubtedly it will depreciate as all cars do; however, for what you get, and the quality, I couldn't be happier. Even my mother, who drives a BMW, has started looking at the Malibu as the cost for ownership paired with what you get for the money is better in my vehicle."