2015 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,130 - $23,645.

10/7.0

7.9

Based on 103 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Love it more than my Caddy Best car for the money.

By on Monday, December 22, 2014

Pros: "Lots of cabin storeage bins smooth ride very quiet"

Cons: "Could use more room in the back seat."

"This is my first midsized car I usually buy large but Gas is now a priority.I am very plesantly surprised at this cars fit and finnish.I t also runs great with the turbo,really get some funny looks from those bigger cars as I fly by.Yet the gas milage is still not bad at 25mpg.With my foot in it."

Good vehicle with issues

By on Monday, December 22, 2014

Pros: "quiet, stable on the highway, great turn radius"

"This 2013 Malibu is grossly underpowered, rough idle, engine and transmission do not always talk to one another - can find it has not selected a gear causing close calls in traffic. The overall design is attractive, however the chassis sits too close to the ground, especially the nose cone. always scraping parking lot/road surfaces, especially entrances and exits. also tight when getting in and out of the drivers' position (not a big person, 5'8" 190lbs). Looking to trade..."

Ready to trade

By on Friday, December 19, 2014

"My experience with a 2004 Malibu with 200,000 miles with never a mechanical repair led me to buy the 2014. But the sluggish acceleration, lousy gas mileage, choppy cruise control and uncomfortable interior seats will mean an early trade for this dud. With overall gas mileage at 30.4 mpg with more than 75% long-trip highway driving (2 mpg less than my old 6-cylinder), the car hardly lives up to its overstated claims. For shorter drivers, the longer seat cuts off circulation on long trips, the seat belt cuts across your throat, and the center console is not reachable with the seat forward. Seating is stiff and the leather interior has little semblance of luxury. The lack of built in navigation in an attempt to force the driver to subscribe to the overpriced OnStar service is ridiculous. With the number of recalls on this car in less than a year, the hope of long-term reliability has faded. Looking to trade early."

A Contradictory car

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "Exterior styling"

Cons: "Ergonomics, road noise, buzzy engine, auto stop."

"I've had my 2015 Malibu LS for just over a week. Racked up 600 miles so far. Likes: Exterior styling, paint color - Black Granite. First tank of gas = 26mpg. Not bad for brand new engine. Great handling. Fit and finish top notch. Very quiet except for road noise. Dislikes: Horrible ergonomics. Can not get driver seat to my liking. Seat goes up and down, if you go up it feels like your being tipped out of the seat. If you go back, you sink in, Rear seat is an absolute joke. Tried taking friends for a ride and we gave up. Engine noise: Sounds like a bee hive under the hood when you give it the gas, but it does accelerate nicely getting on freeway. HATE - Auto Stop. What a stupid idea, more annoying than helpful. Road Noise is too loud, whatever happened to insulation? So many blind spots and rear view mirror keeps moving around. Wish I had bought a Dodge Charger."

Very happy, but.....

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Looks, value, handling and advanced technology"

Cons: "Disappointing Gas Mileage!"

"Have owned this 2015 vehicle for 3 months. Having been used to a big V8, the Malibu feels noticably under-powered at times, but that was a trade-off I was willing to accept in exchange for gas mileage of 25-36 with an anticipated average of 29 mpg. Unfortunately, I've averaged only 21.6 mpg. YIKES! Other than these two issues, which shall haunt me for years to come,the Malibu is stylish and comfortable."