2015 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,168 - $22,733.

10/7.7

8.1

Based on 125 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

OK, but...

By on Thursday, August 06, 2015

Pros: "Solidly built."

Cons: "MPG"

"I have owned this car for almost 2 years. It seems to be solid, decent road feel for a mid-sized sedan. My issue is with the drive train. The 2.5 L engine does not get anywhere near the advertised MPG of 36 highway. I drive 40 miles to and from work daily at highway speed. The average over 20,000 is 26. My 2001 V-6 Gran Prix got better mileage and was more responsive/quicker/faster."

Astonishing technology! Unbelievably quiet!

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Pros: "Quiet, performance, economy, ride, handling,"

Cons: "None!"

"I have owned many, many cars. Not always a GM fan. Said I would never buy a new car again! Then I found the Malibu! Bought the Eco version. I haven't been in a car this quiet, over all kinds of road surfaces, since I went on a trip in my friend's Rolls Royce in the 70's! The Malibu is an incredible value platform. The upscale versions of this car are the Buick and Cadillac. This Malibu is the better choice for the money."

Chose the Malibu over a BMW 3 Series!

By on Friday, September 07, 2012

Pros: "VERY affordable, stylish, great drive"

Cons: "Does not have seat config memory"

"I want to preface this by saying that I am a BMW owner and I was looking for my next car to replace my BMW. So naturally, one of my options was to go with another BMW and really weighed my options based on price, MPG, technology, performance and handling. After A LOT of research, I became a proud owner of a 2013 Malibu. I feel that I made the right choice based on these facts: 1) I saved about $12K 2) I got a car that provides great handling (believe me I tested it around traffic circles and compared it to how I felt with my BMW) 3) I love the fact that I get about 10 MPG more on the highway 4) having a hubby that knows a lot about cars and engines, his research and understanding made me confident that this car will be very reliable! Now for you BMW owners out there, you're probably thinking but what about the performance so I have to be honest and say that it does not EXACTLY have the same pick up and go but pretty darn close. I am a rather agressive driver so one of my criteria was to not feel like I could not get going like I wanted to and the Malibu does pretty darn well! Okay now for some real PLUSES! I love the ride, it's so smooth and so comfortable. Living in Colorado, I have the luxury of taking long drives in the mountains and did that was very impressed. I got the leather interior, it's beautiful and it's classy! At night, the dash has blue back lighting that is just so cool! Great sound system and supports bluetooth technology which made it a breeze to sync my phone with the car. I love just telling my car to make a call without me having to look at my phone! So again, for the value, I feel that I got a GREAT, GREAT car!!!"

The first car I owned that did not need repairs

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "Built very well/ quite"

Cons: "limited back seat room. no sparetire!"

"I first new car I have purchased that did not need any dealer repairs to date since ownership. I have had many new cars over my life time! I still have its sister car, the Lumina with 270,000 miles on it and runs still as new!! Go GM!!"

My favorite car - EVER!

By on Friday, November 01, 2013

Pros: "About $10,000 less than most luxury cars I tested!"

Cons: "There probably is a con, but I can't think of one."

"I can't think of anything I don't love about this car. It is blissfully quiet, cruises along like a fast fluffy cloud, options galore. The White Diamond Tricoat color makes it stand out from the rest. People actually approach me to ask about it and admire it!! The floor mats actually snap onto the floor--no slipping around. Lots of storage compartments. All vehicle info available anytime i.e. tire pressure, when to change oil, mpg, etc. Thanks to the backup camera I have not run over anyone. I keep my cars a LONG TIME - this will be around at least 10 years."