2014 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,939 - $21,780.

10/7.1

8.0

Based on 122 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Best purchase of my life!

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG, Stylish, Quiet, Comfortable Interior"

Cons: "A bit lacking in rear seat leg room"

"I've owned this car (2013 Malibu Eco 2SA with white diamond tri-coat paint) for about 14 months and every morning I drive it to work, I still feel like I'm driving a brand new vehicle! The car is loaded with every option Chevy could offer. I've averaged almost 31 MPG (getting better with every month as the car continues to break in), with most of my driving in Baltimore Beltway traffic. On the open road at highway speeds, I've seen mileage close to 37 MPG. The car handles like a dream and the interior is luxurious. It is the quietest ride I've every driven. The MyLink Infotainment system is awesome. Easy connectivity with bluetooth devices and the hands-free features are very easy to use. I receive all forms of nice comments from folks at gas stations while gassing up, which just gives me a great feeling. Many people have mistaken the car for a European model because of it's styling. GM took things to a new level with this design. When I read some of the negative reviews on this site, I just have to shake my head. Those reviews are so far from reality, all I can think is that those folks either got a lemon (which happens from time to time with any manufacturer) or these folks simply can't be satisfied. I keep cars forever, so re-sale value means little to me. I plan to keep this car for a very long time, and so I treat the car to a monthly detail. The workers at the auto spa rave about the cars good looks! I would recommend this car in a heart beat. I seriously Was considering the 2013 Honda Accord (I previously owned one for 18+ years), but once I test drove the Malibu and saw that I could get everything I wanted for almost $7,000 less than the Accord, it was a no brainer. Congrats to GM and Chevy! Love IT!!!"

I love my car!

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pros: "Receive a lot of looks and compliments!"

"This car is terrific, I am glad to see Chevy has come out with something that has style and class. I get great gas mileage, have plenty room even for my son who stands at 6'3 and sits in the back. The seats are comfortable and the safety is an A+. It took about a week to understand how the air conditioning works. If it is cut completely off, it won't come on when it's started. Some of the bad reviews would have kept me from purchasing it; but GLAD I DIDN'T LISTEN! It comes with a guide to help understand, so get to know your car because some of the reviews I have seen are not true. GO CHEVY!!"

Best value, great overall

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pros: "Great interior, refined drive, great price"

Cons: "Smallish trunk"

In the forest

"I don't know why this car had such poor reviews, because that couldn't be further from my experience. I've driven most of its competitors, and I ended up with the Malibu because it feels like a more premium car than any of them. The interior simply feels like it is better made, and the car has this confident poise to its driving that is absent in most of its competitors. Mine is a ECO 1SA and I average 29 MPG with a lot highway driving and idling (AC on while I'm working in the car). I've gotten up to 46 mpg on long highway drives, and at steady-state 55 mph driving, it gets 44-48 mpg all day long. At higher speeds, it gets closer to EPA highway (65 mph = 40 mpg, 75 mph = 37 mpg). In town it gets around EPA for me. The critical thing to get the most MPG out of the ECO in the city is to brake within the electric regen threshold, which is displayed as staying within the green box on the "ECO-gauge". While staying within that box it's possible to get 27-30 mpg in the city. Stray outside and the MPG drop fast. Last but not least, there were amazing incentives on the car when I bought it. I payed the price of a compact car for my favorite car in the midsize class."

In the forest

Attractive car and good value

By on Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pros: "Space and gas mileage"

Cons: "No push button start"

"I am very happy with my 2013 Malibu. I like the interior and exterior design of the 2013. It is a big improvement over the 2012. I bought the 1LT in taupe gray W/sunroof. It handles great and is comfortable to ride in. The interior and trunk are spacious. Plenty of headroom. I am also happy with the gas mileage. The back up camera has a large screen and is clear. I love the touch screen. It is easy to use. I wanted an American car. I seriously considered the Cadillac ATS and the Jeep Grand Cherokee, but I spotted the 2013 Malibu in a showroom and thought it looked great and was impressed by the sticker price. We test drove it and loved the way it handeled. I bought during the Memorial Day promotion when Chevy had $2,500 incentive. I was able to save a lot of money by buying the Malibu and I am happy with my decision!!!"

Better than Fusion

By on Thursday, March 07, 2013

Pros: "Great price, features, interior, quiet ride, mpg"

Cons: "short leg room (but OK)"

"The Fusion was on our "buy" list. We drove the Fusion ES. Then we went to Chevrolet and drove the Malibu LS. Having driven both, I can honestly say that the Malibu was a better driving car. The Fusion was OK, looks fine, a bit of engine noise (1.6L turbo). The Malibu felt like I was driving a high end Buick. I don't understand the bad reviews thoughout the internet on this car. The gas milage is good. By the way, this car (ended up with Malibu 1LT) was almost $3000 less than Fusion ES. Very happy with my purchase!"