2014 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,918 - $22,441.

10/7.1

8.0

Based on 93 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Simple Luxury

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, smooth cruise control, storage space"

Cons: "auto stop, leatherette gets really hot"

"I love this car. It's not perfect, but I do enjoy driving it. To go 0-60...well it takes awhile. It's good on gas, but I drive a lot on the streets, like maybe 80% so it averages 20 mpg. The auto stop is convenient for all the stop and go traffic, but it's pretty rough. You can really feel the car rev up when you take your foot off the brake. I'd say that is the biggest flaw. I have a back up cam, which does not come with sensors or guide lines. It's hard to tell just how close you actually are to an object without those, especially since the camera sits so low. There are two cupholders per person, plenty of storage compartments, and cell phone holders for the front riders. Overall I'm pretty happy with my selection. I only gave low ratings for performance really."

nice car but needs some improvements

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "good car for the price; good reviews from ratings"

Cons: "listed below"

"Overall, a very nice vehicle. Just a few minor issues and one major issue that GM should examine. .... major issue.... no spare tire or jack provided; they supply an inflator device with a sealant that you pump into your tire to allow you to drive a short distance. Unfortunately it does no good for a blow out. Their response to this issue was that road service is provided. I actually purchased a spare and jack to protect myself and family. I was not aware of this when I leased the vehicle and only found out when I had a side wall failure. ....minor issues.... very low chassis; numerous scraping when hitting dips in roadways; small center console; cramped rear seat leg room; single tone horn; makes the vehicle sound like a golf cart"

Malibu instead of Altima...Great Choice!

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "remote start, touch screen, back up camera"

Cons: "No spare, trunk space, no temp gauge on Eco."

"I love almost everything about my 2013 Malibu Eco. I originally wanted a Nissan Altima, but after test driving both, Malibu was victorious. The color (White Diamond Tri-Coat) immediately grabbed my attention. I also liked the Atlantis Blue and Ashen Gray, but the White Diamond looked so elegant and luxurious. The exterior is beautiful, other cars in it's class pale in comparison. I've read many negative reviews about the exterior of the new Malibu, and I couldn't disagree more. In my opinion, my 2013 Malibu IS the best looking car on the road! I've had several people compliment my car. My Malibu is eye candy! Her rear end is very impressive. The interior is just as beautiful. I love the premium cloth/leatherette seats. The 7 inch touch screen and back up camera are nice. I love the sliding cover over the front cup holders. The convenience of making calls and tuning the stereo on the steering wheel is great. There's ample storage space. I ABSOLUTELY love the electric seat adjuster with lumbar support! She has a remote vehicle starter, which is very convenient. She has the Onstar and I'm able to lock/unlock or start/stop my vehicle using my iPhone. Mylink is cool as well. My Malibu also has the universal garage opener. The switchblade key is cool. And I have to mention how cool the ambient night light is! My Malibu drives smoothly. She gets up and go effortlessly. There's minimal outside noise when driving on the highway. She passes without a problem. The Eco took some time getting use to it, but it's impressive...when I come to a complete stop you can't tell the car is on. I've had people tell me my car cut off...nah, it's an Eco;-) I have a few gripes, but nothing major. I don't like that there isn't a temp. gauge on the Eco. I wish there was a spare tire. There's less trunk space because of the battery. Also, it's difficult to clean the inside of the rear mirror because of the angle. She's a wonderful midsize family car. A lot of cars nowadays have a sporty, oval like shape, which appeal to a lot of people. Many non-owners complain that the Malibu doesn't look sporty enough, but that's what I love about the Malibu...it looks more like a luxury car. My Malibu is awesome. I'm glad I bought her. I hope she doesn't disappoint and remains a reliable car."

Bought for my wife and she loves it.

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "Low price for evrything it has"

Cons: "none so far"

"I replace our 2005 Monte Carlo with this 2015 Malibu and can not believe the power that this 4 cyl. has. Everything from fit of the seams to the metallic black paint is perfect. This car has so many high tech options it took over an hour to go through it and we are still finding things. Even has 4g wifi hot spot which is nice because we travel a lot and I will always have internet while riding."

A great car for the value

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

Pros: "A great smaller sedan with clean lines."

Cons: "Navigation costs too much"

"I purchased my 2013 Malibu LTZ new and have had it for 20 months. It drives well, gets good gas mileage, has plenty of power for a 4-cylinder engine, and offers a comfortable ride. I have read there were some problems with the 2013 model so Chevy made some changes to the 2014 model, but I have never had any problems and have really enjoyed my car. I have everything there was to add on this model except for the navigation (Chevy charges too much for what you get). The car rides well and I have not had one problem since I bought it."

Great Road Trip Car

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "Great price and rebates; super highway car; quite"

"After driving Mopar products for the last 10 years, I'm back in a Chevy. The quality of the Malibu 3LT is outstanding; and the power from the 2.0 Turbo really is amazing. Since purchasing two months ago have taken it on two road trips. Both have averaged over 32 MPG highway (through Nebraska, New Mexico, Arizona, and Utah); and nearly 23 MPG city (metro Denver). Likes: Engine power; comfortable seating (even after 9 or 10 hours in the car); good sounding stereo (Pioneer option); and great MPG for a turbo. Dislikes: Front passenger seat lacks power adjusters in this model (3LT); A/C vibration at idle is annoying at times but easily eliminated; low front-end sometimes hits curbs and parking stops. Suspension is a bit soft when pushed."

Sharp, roomy, comfortable, beautiful car!!!

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, Beautiful and Quiet"

Cons: "Engine noisy when exelerating, lots of blind spots"

"I bought this car a few months ago brand new because my '99 Suzuki Grand Vitara died at 240,000 miles. This is my first brand new car and so far ive been very pleased with it. Its a little low, (coming from an SUV anyways) but once you're in it it is so comfortable. It's very roomy....the seats fold down(I put a full sized screen door in the back). It rides smooth and quiet and looks very expensive when all clean(I bought a black metalic one so I wash it a lot). Love the remote start and the large screen with hidden compartment. I don't like however, that: Sirus controls all the "extras" in the car (ie. weather, gas buddy, etc.) and Onstar is the only way to get navigation for the car."

great mileage,very comfortable,attractive

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "good pickup for the gas mileage you get."

Cons: "engine a little noisy under full acceleration."

"41 miles per gallon at 70mph.Drive from fla. to half way into n.c.on 95 on one tank of gas."

Absolutly one of the best cars I have ever owned

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "Looks, Comfort, power"

Cons: "Back seat room"

"I bought my Malibu over two months ago now and I have to admit it is probably the best car I have ever owned. The engine has enough power, This is surprising considering it only has a four cylinder. I am a bigger guy and comfort is great. I bought black and it looks wonderful, except for the car washing to keep it that way. Way to go Chevrolet you have a winner in this car."

I really like this car. I have had two of these.

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

"great car"

Very quiet smooth riding car with powerful engine

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "Smooth and quiet and very comfortable"

Cons: "Not an exciting driver's car -"

"I have the 2014 Chevrolet Malibu 1LS which is well equipped and rides quietly and smoothly on the highway. Great gasoline mileage over 30mpg on highway. This car has auto stop engine which helps save on gas when stopped at traffic light and then starts up quickly when your foot is taken off the brake. The one feature missing on the 1LS model is a standard rear view camera and does not have standard Satellite radio. I added the dealer installed remote start which came in handy this past winter. This car has comfortable supportive seats up front, though the rear seating is a bit tight."

Great road and city vehicle. Solid

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

"My 2013 Malibu is basically a good, solid vehicle. It handles well, is comfortable on the highway and in city driving. Great fuel economy (36mpg highway/23mpg city). The major fault I find with it is the front end "rake". The nose sits way to low and is constantly scraping pavement when going in and out of driveways, parking lots, fuel stations etc. There is a rubber lip below the front end clip that is the primary culprit, and I can't get anyone to remove it."

Good style and fuel efficient

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

"This is the only vehicle that I have purchased that actually exceeds the EPA estimated fuel economy! I get more than 40 MPG on the highway and have had no reliability issues."

Nice Whip

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Affordable, even when well equipped!"

Cons: "So far nothing..."

"I bought this car in November of 2013 and have since enjoyed it quite a bit. The 2.0 Turbo motor is phenomenal, it throws you back in your seat when you're in a hurry. The acoustics of the Pioneer premium sound are amazing as well, outstanding clarity all around. I fit comfortably at 6'3" in it, and I love the look and feel of my black leather. What a car!"

car ok, workmanship on things not very good

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "rides well and is comfrotable on long trip"

Cons: "quality of workmanship is poor for price of car."

"in 2 weeks one of the rubber things on the front bumper tore off. in less than 6 months the seam in the front drivers seat split. which is covered under warranty but having trouble getting dealer ship to fix it."

best car I ever owned

By on Sunday, June 01, 2014

Pros: "quiet and economical"

Cons: "lost a little trunk room due to battery storage"

"this car is real quiet and gives me the best fuel economy I have ever had in any car I ever owned. 38+ mpg on the hwy and 25+ around town."

Poor MPG; issues in less than 3 weeks

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "Nice exterior, roomy"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage, re-calls"

"We purchased the 2014 Malibu LS after the transmission went out on our 2008 Mazda 6. We wanted something that was roomy, reliable and most of all had good gas mileage. We have had the car for less than 3 weeks and are only averaging 22 MPGs!!!! YIKES! No where near the estimated 36 that is advertised. I drive approx 30 miles each way daily to work- half city and half highway. This is an extreme disappointment. Not to mention that in under 3 weeks we have had to bring the vehicle in twice for re-call issues and now the check engine light is on. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone at this point."

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "Easy to Drive"

Cons: "Phone storage area will get hot in sun."

"I drove the car from North Dakota to Texas - Yes 1700 miles straight over 30 hours and the Car performed perfectly. Eco version Averaging 29.1 miles per gallon."

Really enjoy driving ghis car.

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, good gas milege, looks sharp"

Cons: "None so far"

"This car is very comfortsble and gets great gas mileage. It's a nice looking car."

Had mixed feeling after buying it.

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "I noticed blind spots but you get used to them."

Cons: "Roomiest, handling and fun to drive."

"I had mixed feeling because I had driven my Honda for 12 years and always said I wanted another Honda. The Newer Honda's, I didn't care for the looks. Then I found this car. I love the Malibu. By far exceeds my old Accord in room. The car is fun to drive, comfortable and handles great. I bought it used 19,000 miles a year ago and so far so good. My friends and family always complement me on the car."

Really good car!

By on Thursday, May 08, 2014

Pros: "styling, ride, tons of features"

Cons: "small trunk, no spare"

"I purchased the ECO version of this car a little over a year ago and have been very pleased with the overall performance. Respectable mileage (not the 37 mpg suggested on the sticker)and great styling and ride. Sits a little for for a tall 6'2" man, but very comfortable once you get in. Not happy about the inflat-a-flat can in place of a spare, but the mylink system, power/heated seats and sunroof make up for missing tire. Overall...great car!"

2009 Malibu LTZ

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "dependable"

Cons: "resell value"

"Thought I would write since the 2009 and 2013 are essentially the same car. I just wanted to say that this is a rare vehicle in that it has never had or needed a single repair done on it in 5 years. Just an extremely dependable vehicle that has been driven by a 23 year old since new."

Excellent Car!!

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, dependable, looks good."

Cons: "None yet"

"I bought this car for my wife as I live and work overseas, I did a lot of research online and was impressed. I returned home and bought the 2013 LTZ and took it on a trip from Georgia to Texas and back and was truly impressed with this car. The trunk is huge and the ride great, the fact that it is fun to drive is a plus. I drive 2014 Nissan Altima here and I can tell you that even though the interior is roomier I wouldn't trade my Malibu for it"

Great vehicle. Good gas mileage.

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Low miles, great on gas, handles easy on road.."

Cons: "Small trunk, no sun roof."

"Owned by non smoker. No long trips. Back seat never used. Not fancy, but has all bells and whistles. Spouse is disabled and needs room for wheelchair."

HATE!

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "None"

Cons: "See comments"

"This is the biggest EPIC FAIL of a car purchase. It's slow, sluggish, uncomfortable, tiny trunk, tiny backseat, cheap interior. I am stuck with it because it won't retain it's value. The ECO doesn't give you better gas mileage either...it just embarasses you when you try to accelerate. Do not buy it!"

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next