2014 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,457 - $22,036.

10/7.1

7.9

Based on 103 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Love it more than my Caddy Best car for the money.

By on Monday, December 22, 2014

Pros: "Lots of cabin storeage bins smooth ride very quiet"

Cons: "Could use more room in the back seat."

"This is my first midsized car I usually buy large but Gas is now a priority.I am very plesantly surprised at this cars fit and finnish.I t also runs great with the turbo,really get some funny looks from those bigger cars as I fly by.Yet the gas milage is still not bad at 25mpg.With my foot in it."

Good vehicle with issues

By on Monday, December 22, 2014

Pros: "quiet, stable on the highway, great turn radius"

"This 2013 Malibu is grossly underpowered, rough idle, engine and transmission do not always talk to one another - can find it has not selected a gear causing close calls in traffic. The overall design is attractive, however the chassis sits too close to the ground, especially the nose cone. always scraping parking lot/road surfaces, especially entrances and exits. also tight when getting in and out of the drivers' position (not a big person, 5'8" 190lbs). Looking to trade..."

Ready to trade

By on Friday, December 19, 2014

"My experience with a 2004 Malibu with 200,000 miles with never a mechanical repair led me to buy the 2014. But the sluggish acceleration, lousy gas mileage, choppy cruise control and uncomfortable interior seats will mean an early trade for this dud. With overall gas mileage at 30.4 mpg with more than 75% long-trip highway driving (2 mpg less than my old 6-cylinder), the car hardly lives up to its overstated claims. For shorter drivers, the longer seat cuts off circulation on long trips, the seat belt cuts across your throat, and the center console is not reachable with the seat forward. Seating is stiff and the leather interior has little semblance of luxury. The lack of built in navigation in an attempt to force the driver to subscribe to the overpriced OnStar service is ridiculous. With the number of recalls on this car in less than a year, the hope of long-term reliability has faded. Looking to trade early."

A Contradictory car

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "Exterior styling"

Cons: "Ergonomics, road noise, buzzy engine, auto stop."

"I've had my 2015 Malibu LS for just over a week. Racked up 600 miles so far. Likes: Exterior styling, paint color - Black Granite. First tank of gas = 26mpg. Not bad for brand new engine. Great handling. Fit and finish top notch. Very quiet except for road noise. Dislikes: Horrible ergonomics. Can not get driver seat to my liking. Seat goes up and down, if you go up it feels like your being tipped out of the seat. If you go back, you sink in, Rear seat is an absolute joke. Tried taking friends for a ride and we gave up. Engine noise: Sounds like a bee hive under the hood when you give it the gas, but it does accelerate nicely getting on freeway. HATE - Auto Stop. What a stupid idea, more annoying than helpful. Road Noise is too loud, whatever happened to insulation? So many blind spots and rear view mirror keeps moving around. Wish I had bought a Dodge Charger."

Very happy, but.....

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Looks, value, handling and advanced technology"

Cons: "Disappointing Gas Mileage!"

"Have owned this 2015 vehicle for 3 months. Having been used to a big V8, the Malibu feels noticably under-powered at times, but that was a trade-off I was willing to accept in exchange for gas mileage of 25-36 with an anticipated average of 29 mpg. Unfortunately, I've averaged only 21.6 mpg. YIKES! Other than these two issues, which shall haunt me for years to come,the Malibu is stylish and comfortable."

Incredible car! Incredible features!

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "New technology and superb engineering."

Cons: "Not many."

"We traded in our 14 year old Malibu with 200K + miles. This car came equipped with built in navigation, leather interior, backup camera, as well as many other features. It is an attractive, well designed and well manufactured automobile. It drives and handles well. Due to its 6 speed transmission, it accelerates on demand and as needed. It corners well and is comfortable to drive. The exterior has clean and balanced lines and appeals to the eye. Trunk space handles large suitcases and also has access to the second battery which provides power when the engine stops at traffic lights. Interior is luxurious. Driving controls and instruments are well placed and easy and practical to use. The MyLink system is also voice actuated and once you learn the spoken commands, your eyes and your attention never leave the road. We have an OnStar subscription which allows for immediate attention in the event of an accident, emergency, running out of gas, or losing a key. We have found it is always a pleasure to take this car whether to local supermarket or a drive across the state. I highly commend the new Malibu to anyone who is looking for a serious well designed and comfortable car."

Some weaknesses, some strengths

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "Handles great, quiet"

Cons: "On-Star spamming, refuses to be canceled, inaccura"

2014 Chevy Malibu 2LT

"Plain Jane spiffs up nice with multi-spoke BMW wheels and Vogue white side wall tires. On-Star is a real pain, many times launched an emergency call innocently trying to adjust the rear view mirror. On-Star turn-by-turn destinations are often misunderstood by operators and get it wrong. But since there's no map display, you can't look ahead to verify On-Star is leading you to the right place. Do Not Try to Cancel On-star, they won't let you, you'll have to justify your decision, and then they'll spam you to death. On the plus side, the car handles the best I've ever had, and is real quiet. Motor could be a bit stronger, MPG is only 24. Air Conditioning is marginal, no overkill. The engine stop start is supposed to save gas, but to me it's a nuisance."

2014 Chevy Malibu 2LT

Nice car with some annoyances

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, quiet, good highway MPG"

Cons: "Visibility, start/stop engine, transmission shifts"

"I purchased a new 2014 Malibu 1LT almost one year ago. It is a nice, comfortable, quiet car. I do have some comments I'd like to share: - Thank GOD it has a back-up camera, as this car has the worst back-up visibility I've ever seen. Backing-up would be dangerous without it. - The highway gas mileage is good - in the low 30s, but around town I only get about 19 MPG. - I drive in a hilly area and the transmission shifts at very low RPM, so it is VERY frustrating. You drive up a hill and the motor is turning only 1500 RPM, so has little power to accellerate. And the transmission is very reluctant to downshift. - I wish the car had an inside trunk release. - I have mixed feelings about the start/stop engine. I wish it had an override switch. Sometimes it stops at dumb times, like when you're parking the car, where it stops/starts/stops all within two seconds. - I don't like the response from the "drive by wire" throttle. - I do like the styling and interior. - I wish I had negotiated a spare tire into the sale when I bought it. Now, if I want it, the spare tire "package" costs almost $600."

HATE IT!!!!!

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pros: "the color"

Cons: "EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Before this car i had a 2013 toyota camry that was totaled. i bought this vehicle because it was available. I wish i waited to buy another toyota. I bought the malibu with 20,000. at 22,000 the starter went out, at 22,500 the fuel pump went out. At 23,000 the transmission had to be replaced. then at 25,000 the front axle had to be replaced. i will be selling and buying a new toyota and only buying toyotas after that. NEVER ANOTHER CHEVY!!!!!!"

2.0 Turbo

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "Engine, power, handling, Looks"

"First car I ever purchased new fully loaded every option box checked. The Turbocharged engine is absolutely amazing so full of power and handling is also top of the class in my opinion. What a sleeper car people pull up next to me thinking its only a Malibu then I easily blow them away happened with a Challenger R/T had about 1/2 a car length after roughly between 1/8-1/4 mile. AMAZING CAR I LOVE IT."

Simple Luxury

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, smooth cruise control, storage space"

Cons: "auto stop, leatherette gets really hot"

"I love this car. It's not perfect, but I do enjoy driving it. To go 0-60...well it takes awhile. It's good on gas, but I drive a lot on the streets, like maybe 80% so it averages 20 mpg. The auto stop is convenient for all the stop and go traffic, but it's pretty rough. You can really feel the car rev up when you take your foot off the brake. I'd say that is the biggest flaw. I have a back up cam, which does not come with sensors or guide lines. It's hard to tell just how close you actually are to an object without those, especially since the camera sits so low. There are two cupholders per person, plenty of storage compartments, and cell phone holders for the front riders. Overall I'm pretty happy with my selection. I only gave low ratings for performance really."

nice car but needs some improvements

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "good car for the price; good reviews from ratings"

Cons: "listed below"

"Overall, a very nice vehicle. Just a few minor issues and one major issue that GM should examine. .... major issue.... no spare tire or jack provided; they supply an inflator device with a sealant that you pump into your tire to allow you to drive a short distance. Unfortunately it does no good for a blow out. Their response to this issue was that road service is provided. I actually purchased a spare and jack to protect myself and family. I was not aware of this when I leased the vehicle and only found out when I had a side wall failure. ....minor issues.... very low chassis; numerous scraping when hitting dips in roadways; small center console; cramped rear seat leg room; single tone horn; makes the vehicle sound like a golf cart"

Malibu instead of Altima...Great Choice!

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "remote start, touch screen, back up camera"

Cons: "No spare, trunk space, no temp gauge on Eco."

"I love almost everything about my 2013 Malibu Eco. I originally wanted a Nissan Altima, but after test driving both, Malibu was victorious. The color (White Diamond Tri-Coat) immediately grabbed my attention. I also liked the Atlantis Blue and Ashen Gray, but the White Diamond looked so elegant and luxurious. The exterior is beautiful, other cars in it's class pale in comparison. I've read many negative reviews about the exterior of the new Malibu, and I couldn't disagree more. In my opinion, my 2013 Malibu IS the best looking car on the road! I've had several people compliment my car. My Malibu is eye candy! Her rear end is very impressive. The interior is just as beautiful. I love the premium cloth/leatherette seats. The 7 inch touch screen and back up camera are nice. I love the sliding cover over the front cup holders. The convenience of making calls and tuning the stereo on the steering wheel is great. There's ample storage space. I ABSOLUTELY love the electric seat adjuster with lumbar support! She has a remote vehicle starter, which is very convenient. She has the Onstar and I'm able to lock/unlock or start/stop my vehicle using my iPhone. Mylink is cool as well. My Malibu also has the universal garage opener. The switchblade key is cool. And I have to mention how cool the ambient night light is! My Malibu drives smoothly. She gets up and go effortlessly. There's minimal outside noise when driving on the highway. She passes without a problem. The Eco took some time getting use to it, but it's impressive...when I come to a complete stop you can't tell the car is on. I've had people tell me my car cut off...nah, it's an Eco;-) I have a few gripes, but nothing major. I don't like that there isn't a temp. gauge on the Eco. I wish there was a spare tire. There's less trunk space because of the battery. Also, it's difficult to clean the inside of the rear mirror because of the angle. She's a wonderful midsize family car. A lot of cars nowadays have a sporty, oval like shape, which appeal to a lot of people. Many non-owners complain that the Malibu doesn't look sporty enough, but that's what I love about the Malibu...it looks more like a luxury car. My Malibu is awesome. I'm glad I bought her. I hope she doesn't disappoint and remains a reliable car."

Bought for my wife and she loves it.

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "Low price for evrything it has"

Cons: "none so far"

"I replace our 2005 Monte Carlo with this 2015 Malibu and can not believe the power that this 4 cyl. has. Everything from fit of the seams to the metallic black paint is perfect. This car has so many high tech options it took over an hour to go through it and we are still finding things. Even has 4g wifi hot spot which is nice because we travel a lot and I will always have internet while riding."

A great car for the value

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

Pros: "A great smaller sedan with clean lines."

Cons: "Navigation costs too much"

"I purchased my 2013 Malibu LTZ new and have had it for 20 months. It drives well, gets good gas mileage, has plenty of power for a 4-cylinder engine, and offers a comfortable ride. I have read there were some problems with the 2013 model so Chevy made some changes to the 2014 model, but I have never had any problems and have really enjoyed my car. I have everything there was to add on this model except for the navigation (Chevy charges too much for what you get). The car rides well and I have not had one problem since I bought it."

Great Road Trip Car

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "Great price and rebates; super highway car; quite"

"After driving Mopar products for the last 10 years, I'm back in a Chevy. The quality of the Malibu 3LT is outstanding; and the power from the 2.0 Turbo really is amazing. Since purchasing two months ago have taken it on two road trips. Both have averaged over 32 MPG highway (through Nebraska, New Mexico, Arizona, and Utah); and nearly 23 MPG city (metro Denver). Likes: Engine power; comfortable seating (even after 9 or 10 hours in the car); good sounding stereo (Pioneer option); and great MPG for a turbo. Dislikes: Front passenger seat lacks power adjusters in this model (3LT); A/C vibration at idle is annoying at times but easily eliminated; low front-end sometimes hits curbs and parking stops. Suspension is a bit soft when pushed."

Sharp, roomy, comfortable, beautiful car!!!

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, Beautiful and Quiet"

Cons: "Engine noisy when exelerating, lots of blind spots"

"I bought this car a few months ago brand new because my '99 Suzuki Grand Vitara died at 240,000 miles. This is my first brand new car and so far ive been very pleased with it. Its a little low, (coming from an SUV anyways) but once you're in it it is so comfortable. It's very roomy....the seats fold down(I put a full sized screen door in the back). It rides smooth and quiet and looks very expensive when all clean(I bought a black metalic one so I wash it a lot). Love the remote start and the large screen with hidden compartment. I don't like however, that: Sirus controls all the "extras" in the car (ie. weather, gas buddy, etc.) and Onstar is the only way to get navigation for the car."

great mileage,very comfortable,attractive

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "good pickup for the gas mileage you get."

Cons: "engine a little noisy under full acceleration."

"41 miles per gallon at 70mph.Drive from fla. to half way into n.c.on 95 on one tank of gas."

Absolutly one of the best cars I have ever owned

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "Looks, Comfort, power"

Cons: "Back seat room"

"I bought my Malibu over two months ago now and I have to admit it is probably the best car I have ever owned. The engine has enough power, This is surprising considering it only has a four cylinder. I am a bigger guy and comfort is great. I bought black and it looks wonderful, except for the car washing to keep it that way. Way to go Chevrolet you have a winner in this car."

I really like this car. I have had two of these.

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

"great car"

Very quiet smooth riding car with powerful engine

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "Smooth and quiet and very comfortable"

Cons: "Not an exciting driver's car -"

"I have the 2014 Chevrolet Malibu 1LS which is well equipped and rides quietly and smoothly on the highway. Great gasoline mileage over 30mpg on highway. This car has auto stop engine which helps save on gas when stopped at traffic light and then starts up quickly when your foot is taken off the brake. The one feature missing on the 1LS model is a standard rear view camera and does not have standard Satellite radio. I added the dealer installed remote start which came in handy this past winter. This car has comfortable supportive seats up front, though the rear seating is a bit tight."

Great road and city vehicle. Solid

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

"My 2013 Malibu is basically a good, solid vehicle. It handles well, is comfortable on the highway and in city driving. Great fuel economy (36mpg highway/23mpg city). The major fault I find with it is the front end "rake". The nose sits way to low and is constantly scraping pavement when going in and out of driveways, parking lots, fuel stations etc. There is a rubber lip below the front end clip that is the primary culprit, and I can't get anyone to remove it."

Good style and fuel efficient

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

"This is the only vehicle that I have purchased that actually exceeds the EPA estimated fuel economy! I get more than 40 MPG on the highway and have had no reliability issues."

Nice Whip

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Affordable, even when well equipped!"

Cons: "So far nothing..."

"I bought this car in November of 2013 and have since enjoyed it quite a bit. The 2.0 Turbo motor is phenomenal, it throws you back in your seat when you're in a hurry. The acoustics of the Pioneer premium sound are amazing as well, outstanding clarity all around. I fit comfortably at 6'3" in it, and I love the look and feel of my black leather. What a car!"

car ok, workmanship on things not very good

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "rides well and is comfrotable on long trip"

Cons: "quality of workmanship is poor for price of car."

"in 2 weeks one of the rubber things on the front bumper tore off. in less than 6 months the seam in the front drivers seat split. which is covered under warranty but having trouble getting dealer ship to fix it."