2014 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,027 - $22,522.

10/7.1

8.0

Based on 91 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Malibu instead of Altima...Great Choice!

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "remote start, touch screen, back up camera"

Cons: "No spare, trunk space, no temp gauge on Eco."

"I love almost everything about my 2013 Malibu Eco. I originally wanted a Nissan Altima, but after test driving both, Malibu was victorious. The color (White Diamond Tri-Coat) immediately grabbed my attention. I also liked the Atlantis Blue and Ashen Gray, but the White Diamond looked so elegant and luxurious. The exterior is beautiful, other cars in it's class pale in comparison. I've read many negative reviews about the exterior of the new Malibu, and I couldn't disagree more. In my opinion, my 2013 Malibu IS the best looking car on the road! I've had several people compliment my car. My Malibu is eye candy! Her rear end is very impressive. The interior is just as beautiful. I love the premium cloth/leatherette seats. The 7 inch touch screen and back up camera are nice. I love the sliding cover over the front cup holders. The convenience of making calls and tuning the stereo on the steering wheel is great. There's ample storage space. I ABSOLUTELY love the electric seat adjuster with lumbar support! She has a remote vehicle starter, which is very convenient. She has the Onstar and I'm able to lock/unlock or start/stop my vehicle using my iPhone. Mylink is cool as well. My Malibu also has the universal garage opener. The switchblade key is cool. And I have to mention how cool the ambient night light is! My Malibu drives smoothly. She gets up and go effortlessly. There's minimal outside noise when driving on the highway. She passes without a problem. The Eco took some time getting use to it, but it's impressive...when I come to a complete stop you can't tell the car is on. I've had people tell me my car cut off...nah, it's an Eco;-) I have a few gripes, but nothing major. I don't like that there isn't a temp. gauge on the Eco. I wish there was a spare tire. There's less trunk space because of the battery. Also, it's difficult to clean the inside of the rear mirror because of the angle. She's a wonderful midsize family car. A lot of cars nowadays have a sporty, oval like shape, which appeal to a lot of people. Many non-owners complain that the Malibu doesn't look sporty enough, but that's what I love about the Malibu...it looks more like a luxury car. My Malibu is awesome. I'm glad I bought her. I hope she doesn't disappoint and remains a reliable car."

Bought for my wife and she loves it.

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "Low price for evrything it has"

Cons: "none so far"

"I replace our 2005 Monte Carlo with this 2015 Malibu and can not believe the power that this 4 cyl. has. Everything from fit of the seams to the metallic black paint is perfect. This car has so many high tech options it took over an hour to go through it and we are still finding things. Even has 4g wifi hot spot which is nice because we travel a lot and I will always have internet while riding."

A great car for the value

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

Pros: "A great smaller sedan with clean lines."

Cons: "Navigation costs too much"

"I purchased my 2013 Malibu LTZ new and have had it for 20 months. It drives well, gets good gas mileage, has plenty of power for a 4-cylinder engine, and offers a comfortable ride. I have read there were some problems with the 2013 model so Chevy made some changes to the 2014 model, but I have never had any problems and have really enjoyed my car. I have everything there was to add on this model except for the navigation (Chevy charges too much for what you get). The car rides well and I have not had one problem since I bought it."

Great Road Trip Car

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "Great price and rebates; super highway car; quite"

"After driving Mopar products for the last 10 years, I'm back in a Chevy. The quality of the Malibu 3LT is outstanding; and the power from the 2.0 Turbo really is amazing. Since purchasing two months ago have taken it on two road trips. Both have averaged over 32 MPG highway (through Nebraska, New Mexico, Arizona, and Utah); and nearly 23 MPG city (metro Denver). Likes: Engine power; comfortable seating (even after 9 or 10 hours in the car); good sounding stereo (Pioneer option); and great MPG for a turbo. Dislikes: Front passenger seat lacks power adjusters in this model (3LT); A/C vibration at idle is annoying at times but easily eliminated; low front-end sometimes hits curbs and parking stops. Suspension is a bit soft when pushed."

Sharp, roomy, comfortable, beautiful car!!!

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, Beautiful and Quiet"

Cons: "Engine noisy when exelerating, lots of blind spots"

"I bought this car a few months ago brand new because my '99 Suzuki Grand Vitara died at 240,000 miles. This is my first brand new car and so far ive been very pleased with it. Its a little low, (coming from an SUV anyways) but once you're in it it is so comfortable. It's very roomy....the seats fold down(I put a full sized screen door in the back). It rides smooth and quiet and looks very expensive when all clean(I bought a black metalic one so I wash it a lot). Love the remote start and the large screen with hidden compartment. I don't like however, that: Sirus controls all the "extras" in the car (ie. weather, gas buddy, etc.) and Onstar is the only way to get navigation for the car."