2014 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,649 - $22,192.

10/7.1

8.0

Based on 99 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Very happy, but.....

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Looks, value, handling and advanced technology"

Cons: "Disappointing Gas Mileage!"

"Have owned this 2015 vehicle for 3 months. Having been used to a big V8, the Malibu feels noticably under-powered at times, but that was a trade-off I was willing to accept in exchange for gas mileage of 25-36 with an anticipated average of 29 mpg. Unfortunately, I've averaged only 21.6 mpg. YIKES! Other than these two issues, which shall haunt me for years to come,the Malibu is stylish and comfortable."

Incredible car! Incredible features!

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "New technology and superb engineering."

Cons: "Not many."

"We traded in our 14 year old Malibu with 200K + miles. This car came equipped with built in navigation, leather interior, backup camera, as well as many other features. It is an attractive, well designed and well manufactured automobile. It drives and handles well. Due to its 6 speed transmission, it accelerates on demand and as needed. It corners well and is comfortable to drive. The exterior has clean and balanced lines and appeals to the eye. Trunk space handles large suitcases and also has access to the second battery which provides power when the engine stops at traffic lights. Interior is luxurious. Driving controls and instruments are well placed and easy and practical to use. The MyLink system is also voice actuated and once you learn the spoken commands, your eyes and your attention never leave the road. We have an OnStar subscription which allows for immediate attention in the event of an accident, emergency, running out of gas, or losing a key. We have found it is always a pleasure to take this car whether to local supermarket or a drive across the state. I highly commend the new Malibu to anyone who is looking for a serious well designed and comfortable car."

Some weaknesses, some strengths

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "Handles great, quiet"

Cons: "On-Star spamming, refuses to be canceled, inaccura"

2014 Chevy Malibu 2LT

"Plain Jane spiffs up nice with multi-spoke BMW wheels and Vogue white side wall tires. On-Star is a real pain, many times launched an emergency call innocently trying to adjust the rear view mirror. On-Star turn-by-turn destinations are often misunderstood by operators and get it wrong. But since there's no map display, you can't look ahead to verify On-Star is leading you to the right place. Do Not Try to Cancel On-star, they won't let you, you'll have to justify your decision, and then they'll spam you to death. On the plus side, the car handles the best I've ever had, and is real quiet. Motor could be a bit stronger, MPG is only 24. Air Conditioning is marginal, no overkill. The engine stop start is supposed to save gas, but to me it's a nuisance."

2014 Chevy Malibu 2LT

Nice car with some annoyances

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, quiet, good highway MPG"

Cons: "Visibility, start/stop engine, transmission shifts"

"I purchased a new 2014 Malibu 1LT almost one year ago. It is a nice, comfortable, quiet car. I do have some comments I'd like to share: - Thank GOD it has a back-up camera, as this car has the worst back-up visibility I've ever seen. Backing-up would be dangerous without it. - The highway gas mileage is good - in the low 30s, but around town I only get about 19 MPG. - I drive in a hilly area and the transmission shifts at very low RPM, so it is VERY frustrating. You drive up a hill and the motor is turning only 1500 RPM, so has little power to accellerate. And the transmission is very reluctant to downshift. - I wish the car had an inside trunk release. - I have mixed feelings about the start/stop engine. I wish it had an override switch. Sometimes it stops at dumb times, like when you're parking the car, where it stops/starts/stops all within two seconds. - I don't like the response from the "drive by wire" throttle. - I do like the styling and interior. - I wish I had negotiated a spare tire into the sale when I bought it. Now, if I want it, the spare tire "package" costs almost $600."

HATE IT!!!!!

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pros: "the color"

Cons: "EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Before this car i had a 2013 toyota camry that was totaled. i bought this vehicle because it was available. I wish i waited to buy another toyota. I bought the malibu with 20,000. at 22,000 the starter went out, at 22,500 the fuel pump went out. At 23,000 the transmission had to be replaced. then at 25,000 the front axle had to be replaced. i will be selling and buying a new toyota and only buying toyotas after that. NEVER ANOTHER CHEVY!!!!!!"