2014 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,820 - $22,345.

10/7.1

8.0

Based on 96 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

HATE IT!!!!!

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pros: "the color"

Cons: "EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Before this car i had a 2013 toyota camry that was totaled. i bought this vehicle because it was available. I wish i waited to buy another toyota. I bought the malibu with 20,000. at 22,000 the starter went out, at 22,500 the fuel pump went out. At 23,000 the transmission had to be replaced. then at 25,000 the front axle had to be replaced. i will be selling and buying a new toyota and only buying toyotas after that. NEVER ANOTHER CHEVY!!!!!!"

2.0 Turbo

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "Engine, power, handling, Looks"

"First car I ever purchased new fully loaded every option box checked. The Turbocharged engine is absolutely amazing so full of power and handling is also top of the class in my opinion. What a sleeper car people pull up next to me thinking its only a Malibu then I easily blow them away happened with a Challenger R/T had about 1/2 a car length after roughly between 1/8-1/4 mile. AMAZING CAR I LOVE IT."

Whats Not To Love?

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "Style. Fuel Economy, Dependable, Quiet Interior"

Cons: "Rearseat room, Seats too firm, Resale value"

"Bought my 2013 Malibu ECO 2SA new in Feb 2013. The Updated Style, plus the Diamond White Paint, and light Tan colored leather seats won me over at first sight, plus all the options it has.. Mileage as of this review is 23k miles, and except for one of the original Goodyear tires failing at 20k miles, I have had zero problems. The Eco engine runs flawlessly, has plenty of getup & go when needed, and the fuel economy has averaged 33-34 MPG around town, and 37-38 MPG highway. I recently had the original alloy wheels Chromed, and installed new Michelin tires for a classy-look upgrade. I would have posted a solid "10" except for cons noted."

Simple Luxury

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, smooth cruise control, storage space"

Cons: "auto stop, leatherette gets really hot"

"I love this car. It's not perfect, but I do enjoy driving it. To go 0-60...well it takes awhile. It's good on gas, but I drive a lot on the streets, like maybe 80% so it averages 20 mpg. The auto stop is convenient for all the stop and go traffic, but it's pretty rough. You can really feel the car rev up when you take your foot off the brake. I'd say that is the biggest flaw. I have a back up cam, which does not come with sensors or guide lines. It's hard to tell just how close you actually are to an object without those, especially since the camera sits so low. There are two cupholders per person, plenty of storage compartments, and cell phone holders for the front riders. Overall I'm pretty happy with my selection. I only gave low ratings for performance really."

nice car but needs some improvements

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "good car for the price; good reviews from ratings"

Cons: "listed below"

"Overall, a very nice vehicle. Just a few minor issues and one major issue that GM should examine. .... major issue.... no spare tire or jack provided; they supply an inflator device with a sealant that you pump into your tire to allow you to drive a short distance. Unfortunately it does no good for a blow out. Their response to this issue was that road service is provided. I actually purchased a spare and jack to protect myself and family. I was not aware of this when I leased the vehicle and only found out when I had a side wall failure. ....minor issues.... very low chassis; numerous scraping when hitting dips in roadways; small center console; cramped rear seat leg room; single tone horn; makes the vehicle sound like a golf cart"