2014 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,573 - $22,132.

10/7.1

8.0

Based on 100 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

A Contradictory car

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "Exterior styling"

Cons: "Ergonomics, road noise, buzzy engine, auto stop."

"I've had my 2015 Malibu LS for just over a week. Racked up 600 miles so far. Likes: Exterior styling, paint color - Black Granite. First tank of gas = 26mpg. Not bad for brand new engine. Great handling. Fit and finish top notch. Very quiet except for road noise. Dislikes: Horrible ergonomics. Can not get driver seat to my liking. Seat goes up and down, if you go up it feels like your being tipped out of the seat. If you go back, you sink in, Rear seat is an absolute joke. Tried taking friends for a ride and we gave up. Engine noise: Sounds like a bee hive under the hood when you give it the gas, but it does accelerate nicely getting on freeway. HATE - Auto Stop. What a stupid idea, more annoying than helpful. Road Noise is too loud, whatever happened to insulation? So many blind spots and rear view mirror keeps moving around. Wish I had bought a Dodge Charger."

Very happy, but.....

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Looks, value, handling and advanced technology"

Cons: "Disappointing Gas Mileage!"

"Have owned this 2015 vehicle for 3 months. Having been used to a big V8, the Malibu feels noticably under-powered at times, but that was a trade-off I was willing to accept in exchange for gas mileage of 25-36 with an anticipated average of 29 mpg. Unfortunately, I've averaged only 21.6 mpg. YIKES! Other than these two issues, which shall haunt me for years to come,the Malibu is stylish and comfortable."

Incredible car! Incredible features!

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "New technology and superb engineering."

Cons: "Not many."

"We traded in our 14 year old Malibu with 200K + miles. This car came equipped with built in navigation, leather interior, backup camera, as well as many other features. It is an attractive, well designed and well manufactured automobile. It drives and handles well. Due to its 6 speed transmission, it accelerates on demand and as needed. It corners well and is comfortable to drive. The exterior has clean and balanced lines and appeals to the eye. Trunk space handles large suitcases and also has access to the second battery which provides power when the engine stops at traffic lights. Interior is luxurious. Driving controls and instruments are well placed and easy and practical to use. The MyLink system is also voice actuated and once you learn the spoken commands, your eyes and your attention never leave the road. We have an OnStar subscription which allows for immediate attention in the event of an accident, emergency, running out of gas, or losing a key. We have found it is always a pleasure to take this car whether to local supermarket or a drive across the state. I highly commend the new Malibu to anyone who is looking for a serious well designed and comfortable car."

Some weaknesses, some strengths

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "Handles great, quiet"

Cons: "On-Star spamming, refuses to be canceled, inaccura"

2014 Chevy Malibu 2LT

"Plain Jane spiffs up nice with multi-spoke BMW wheels and Vogue white side wall tires. On-Star is a real pain, many times launched an emergency call innocently trying to adjust the rear view mirror. On-Star turn-by-turn destinations are often misunderstood by operators and get it wrong. But since there's no map display, you can't look ahead to verify On-Star is leading you to the right place. Do Not Try to Cancel On-star, they won't let you, you'll have to justify your decision, and then they'll spam you to death. On the plus side, the car handles the best I've ever had, and is real quiet. Motor could be a bit stronger, MPG is only 24. Air Conditioning is marginal, no overkill. The engine stop start is supposed to save gas, but to me it's a nuisance."

2014 Chevy Malibu 2LT

Nice car with some annoyances

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, quiet, good highway MPG"

Cons: "Visibility, start/stop engine, transmission shifts"

"I purchased a new 2014 Malibu 1LT almost one year ago. It is a nice, comfortable, quiet car. I do have some comments I'd like to share: - Thank GOD it has a back-up camera, as this car has the worst back-up visibility I've ever seen. Backing-up would be dangerous without it. - The highway gas mileage is good - in the low 30s, but around town I only get about 19 MPG. - I drive in a hilly area and the transmission shifts at very low RPM, so it is VERY frustrating. You drive up a hill and the motor is turning only 1500 RPM, so has little power to accellerate. And the transmission is very reluctant to downshift. - I wish the car had an inside trunk release. - I have mixed feelings about the start/stop engine. I wish it had an override switch. Sometimes it stops at dumb times, like when you're parking the car, where it stops/starts/stops all within two seconds. - I don't like the response from the "drive by wire" throttle. - I do like the styling and interior. - I wish I had negotiated a spare tire into the sale when I bought it. Now, if I want it, the spare tire "package" costs almost $600."

HATE IT!!!!!

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pros: "the color"

Cons: "EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Before this car i had a 2013 toyota camry that was totaled. i bought this vehicle because it was available. I wish i waited to buy another toyota. I bought the malibu with 20,000. at 22,000 the starter went out, at 22,500 the fuel pump went out. At 23,000 the transmission had to be replaced. then at 25,000 the front axle had to be replaced. i will be selling and buying a new toyota and only buying toyotas after that. NEVER ANOTHER CHEVY!!!!!!"

2.0 Turbo

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "Engine, power, handling, Looks"

"First car I ever purchased new fully loaded every option box checked. The Turbocharged engine is absolutely amazing so full of power and handling is also top of the class in my opinion. What a sleeper car people pull up next to me thinking its only a Malibu then I easily blow them away happened with a Challenger R/T had about 1/2 a car length after roughly between 1/8-1/4 mile. AMAZING CAR I LOVE IT."

Simple Luxury

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, smooth cruise control, storage space"

Cons: "auto stop, leatherette gets really hot"

"I love this car. It's not perfect, but I do enjoy driving it. To go 0-60...well it takes awhile. It's good on gas, but I drive a lot on the streets, like maybe 80% so it averages 20 mpg. The auto stop is convenient for all the stop and go traffic, but it's pretty rough. You can really feel the car rev up when you take your foot off the brake. I'd say that is the biggest flaw. I have a back up cam, which does not come with sensors or guide lines. It's hard to tell just how close you actually are to an object without those, especially since the camera sits so low. There are two cupholders per person, plenty of storage compartments, and cell phone holders for the front riders. Overall I'm pretty happy with my selection. I only gave low ratings for performance really."

nice car but needs some improvements

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "good car for the price; good reviews from ratings"

Cons: "listed below"

"Overall, a very nice vehicle. Just a few minor issues and one major issue that GM should examine. .... major issue.... no spare tire or jack provided; they supply an inflator device with a sealant that you pump into your tire to allow you to drive a short distance. Unfortunately it does no good for a blow out. Their response to this issue was that road service is provided. I actually purchased a spare and jack to protect myself and family. I was not aware of this when I leased the vehicle and only found out when I had a side wall failure. ....minor issues.... very low chassis; numerous scraping when hitting dips in roadways; small center console; cramped rear seat leg room; single tone horn; makes the vehicle sound like a golf cart"

Malibu instead of Altima...Great Choice!

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "remote start, touch screen, back up camera"

Cons: "No spare, trunk space, no temp gauge on Eco."

"I love almost everything about my 2013 Malibu Eco. I originally wanted a Nissan Altima, but after test driving both, Malibu was victorious. The color (White Diamond Tri-Coat) immediately grabbed my attention. I also liked the Atlantis Blue and Ashen Gray, but the White Diamond looked so elegant and luxurious. The exterior is beautiful, other cars in it's class pale in comparison. I've read many negative reviews about the exterior of the new Malibu, and I couldn't disagree more. In my opinion, my 2013 Malibu IS the best looking car on the road! I've had several people compliment my car. My Malibu is eye candy! Her rear end is very impressive. The interior is just as beautiful. I love the premium cloth/leatherette seats. The 7 inch touch screen and back up camera are nice. I love the sliding cover over the front cup holders. The convenience of making calls and tuning the stereo on the steering wheel is great. There's ample storage space. I ABSOLUTELY love the electric seat adjuster with lumbar support! She has a remote vehicle starter, which is very convenient. She has the Onstar and I'm able to lock/unlock or start/stop my vehicle using my iPhone. Mylink is cool as well. My Malibu also has the universal garage opener. The switchblade key is cool. And I have to mention how cool the ambient night light is! My Malibu drives smoothly. She gets up and go effortlessly. There's minimal outside noise when driving on the highway. She passes without a problem. The Eco took some time getting use to it, but it's impressive...when I come to a complete stop you can't tell the car is on. I've had people tell me my car cut off...nah, it's an Eco;-) I have a few gripes, but nothing major. I don't like that there isn't a temp. gauge on the Eco. I wish there was a spare tire. There's less trunk space because of the battery. Also, it's difficult to clean the inside of the rear mirror because of the angle. She's a wonderful midsize family car. A lot of cars nowadays have a sporty, oval like shape, which appeal to a lot of people. Many non-owners complain that the Malibu doesn't look sporty enough, but that's what I love about the Malibu...it looks more like a luxury car. My Malibu is awesome. I'm glad I bought her. I hope she doesn't disappoint and remains a reliable car."