2013 Chevrolet Malibu

8.2

Based on 149 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Only model car I will ever own!

By on Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, lots of space, great all around"

Cons: "NONE"

"I had a 2010 Malibu LT that I just upgraded for the 2013. It has been one of the best cars I have owned. I have teenage children so backseat leg room is always an issue when purchasing a new vehicle. With the LT you can fit 3grown men in the back seat and still have leg room. It drives like a dream. It has all the power you need and then some. As far as trunk space you can fit all the luggage for a family of four ( one teenage girl) for a two week road trip! Gas mileage is great, I get 450 miles to a tank hwy. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone!"

A Great Car and a Great Value

By on Friday, May 3, 2013

Pros: "Handling, quietness of ride"

Cons: "Backseat legroom"

"The new 2013 Chevy Malibu is an attractive, comfortable mid-sized four door sedan. This car features a lot of impressive technology under the Chevrolet "MyLink" banner which displays the car's stereo and Bluetooth smartphone functions, among other things, on a large 7-inch screen in the center of the dashboard. Chevrolet's OnStar system is featured as well, something that is little more than a cell-phone subscription for your car. There's a backup camera as well, which The view from the rear view camera is displayed here. It's fortunate that this car includes a rear view camera because the rear view from the driver's seat is very poor. Those who prefer a more firm feel and much lumbar support will appreciate the seats in this car. This driver finds them comfortable, even on long trips. Others who prefer a softer surface may consider the seating hard and uncomfortable. Interior fit and finish is good on the LT trim. Some might find the two-toned seat color schemes on higher trim levels a bit gaudy and unrefined. All seats are quite firm regardless of whether they're leather or cloth. This car is very, very quiet, possibly the most quiet cabin this driver has ever been in. Wind noise is virtually non-existent at any speed. Handling and especially steering are excellent, but may take some getting used to depending upon the driver's experience with previous vehicles. This driver transitioned into the Malibu from a GMC Envoy, which has completely different handling characteristics. This driver also owns a classic, 1971 Chevy Impala which stands in sharp contrast to the 2013 Malibu in many ways. The Malibu demonstrates how far automotive technology has come over the years. The 2013 Malibu is a sure-footed, nimble and responsive car but offers minimal road feel. This is like the best of both worlds in that the driver enjoys many of the characteristics of a larger car without every road imperfection being transmitted to the driver. It's no exaggeration to say that on the highway, the spirit of land yachts like my 1971 Chevy lives on in the 2013 Malibu. Like it's ancestors, this is a car to just point and cruise down the highway! But unlike them, this is a thoroughly modern, refined car and delivers a ride that is remarkably responsive and handles as well if not better than a much smaller car. One of the factors at play behind the the Malibu's handling is electrically assisted power steering which is very light and sensitive for this driver's tastes. This is where the transition from another vehicle really comes into play. Driving a car with steering that is as sensitive as the Malibu's does take some getting used to, but its worth it. The payback comes in the form of a car which handles like a sports sedan on a winding country road, and is an almost effortless cruiser on on a long highway drive. Again, the best of both worlds. The 2.5 liter engine - which is the same as that found in the Cadillac ATS - is smooth and competent most of the time, however, there have been other times where it seems lacking in confidence and torque. However, the 6-speed transmission is smooth and delivers a consistently refined performance whether on the freeway or driving at slower speeds. Fuel economy averages around 26 MPG, which is just about average for it's segment. This driver doesn't have any problem with the roominess of this sedan (except for back seat leg room) and the mileage is impressive for a car of this size. This car's styling, which has taken cues from the Camaro, is a very handsome car. The overall build quality is quite good, the paint and fit and finish on the exterior are are outstanding. The sticker price for the LT trim level is in the mid twenties, but a good deal can save you thousands of dollars. In this driver's case, the sticker price was $25.5K which was negotiated to $21.5K with another $5.5 shaved off from that for my 2003 GMC Envoy with 112K miles. $16,000 plus a 10 year old SUV for a brand new car that looks great and is fun to drive. This driver is very happy with this deal and the value, and looks forward to many miles of driving in the years ahead."

Best purchase of my life!

By on Thursday, October 3, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG, Stylish, Quiet, Comfortable Interior"

Cons: "A bit lacking in rear seat leg room"

"I've owned this car (2013 Malibu Eco 2SA with white diamond tri-coat paint) for about 14 months and every morning I drive it to work, I still feel like I'm driving a brand new vehicle! The car is loaded with every option Chevy could offer. I've averaged almost 31 MPG (getting better with every month as the car continues to break in), with most of my driving in Baltimore Beltway traffic. On the open road at highway speeds, I've seen mileage close to 37 MPG. The car handles like a dream and the interior is luxurious. It is the quietest ride I've every driven. The MyLink Infotainment system is awesome. Easy connectivity with bluetooth devices and the hands-free features are very easy to use. I receive all forms of nice comments from folks at gas stations while gassing up, which just gives me a great feeling. Many people have mistaken the car for a European model because of it's styling. GM took things to a new level with this design. When I read some of the negative reviews on this site, I just have to shake my head. Those reviews are so far from reality, all I can think is that those folks either got a lemon (which happens from time to time with any manufacturer) or these folks simply can't be satisfied. I keep cars forever, so re-sale value means little to me. I plan to keep this car for a very long time, and so I treat the car to a monthly detail. The workers at the auto spa rave about the cars good looks! I would recommend this car in a heart beat. I seriously Was considering the 2013 Honda Accord (I previously owned one for 18+ years), but once I test drove the Malibu and saw that I could get everything I wanted for almost $7,000 less than the Accord, it was a no brainer. Congrats to GM and Chevy! Love IT!!!"

nicest car ever owned!

By on Saturday, June 2, 2012

Pros: "quiet, fun to drive, fresh styling !"

Cons: "slightly less trunk space do to battery in trunk"

"I've owned many cars in my 28 years of driving, the 2013 Chevy Malibu ECO is by far the most advanced car i've seen yet (in my price range) the ride is far superior to the competition, Quiet, Nimble,"

Great reliable car from GM!

By on Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, Great features, Price, Reliability!"

"I've worked at a Chevrolet dealer since i graduated from high school. I've driven ALOT of cars since then but this one caught my eye ever since they rolled off the transports. I ended up needing a vehicle and the 1LT Malibu was my choice. Its an amazing vehicle all around and on top of them already being known for reliability they now have a curvy,sporty look to complete them. I recommend this to anyone looking for a reasonably priced fun sedan!"