Cons: "Noisy/Poor Gas Mileage/A/C Smell/No spare tire"
Likely to recommend this car? (1-10): 2
"Very disappointed in this 2013 model. After already owning a 2011 Malibu when I needed an additional car. This car is very noisy on the road; need to turn up radio to drown out road noise. Gas mileage has readily dropped off; dealer says that the average 16-17 mpg is due to an average drive speed of 16-17 mph .. NOW REALLY! Then there is a smell that comes out when i first start the car with the A/C. It took the dealer 6 months to recognize the smell and then sprayed something into the condenser .. guess what? The smell came back and now they say they don't smell anything!
Oh did I mention that the car comes with no spare tire or jack? Just a air inflator and tire seal! A lot good that will do if you get a blow out and there is no tire left to inflate or seal!
After having the car for just over a year I want to unload it even if I have to9 take the loss!"
Pros: "Gas Mileage and the ride of the vehicle is great"
Likely to recommend this car? (1-10): 10
"was looking for vehicle with great gas mileage and a quite ride.
previous vehicle had a lot of road noise. this one is quit and a nice ride.
have to trade in for a larger vehicle due to husband had stroke and hard for him to get in and out of vehicle."
"I purchased a new 2014 Malibu 1LT almost one year ago. It is a nice, comfortable, quiet car. I do have some comments I'd like to share:
- Thank GOD it has a back-up camera, as this car has the worst back-up visibility I've ever seen. Backing-up would be dangerous without it.
- The highway gas mileage is good - in the low 30s, but around town I only get about 19 MPG.
- I drive in a hilly area and the transmission shifts at very low RPM, so it is VERY frustrating. You drive up a hill and the motor is turning only 1500 RPM, so has little power to accellerate. And the transmission is very reluctant to downshift.
- I wish the car had an inside trunk release.
- I have mixed feelings about the start/stop engine. I wish it had an override switch. Sometimes it stops at dumb times, like when you're parking the car, where it stops/starts/stops all within two seconds.
- I don't like the response from the "drive by wire" throttle.
- I do like the styling and interior.
- I wish I had negotiated a spare tire into the sale when I bought it. Now, if I want it, the spare tire "package" costs almost $600."
"I purchased my 2013 Malibu LTZ new and have had it for 20 months. It drives well, gets good gas mileage, has plenty of power for a 4-cylinder engine, and offers a comfortable ride. I have read there were some problems with the 2013 model so Chevy made some changes to the 2014 model, but I have never had any problems and have really enjoyed my car. I have everything there was to add on this model except for the navigation (Chevy charges too much for what you get). The car rides well and I have not had one problem since I bought it."