2013 Chevrolet Malibu

8.0

Based on 99 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

2.0 Turbo

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "Engine, power, handling, Looks"

"First car I ever purchased new fully loaded every option box checked. The Turbocharged engine is absolutely amazing so full of power and handling is also top of the class in my opinion. What a sleeper car people pull up next to me thinking its only a Malibu then I easily blow them away happened with a Challenger R/T had about 1/2 a car length after roughly between 1/8-1/4 mile. AMAZING CAR I LOVE IT."

Simple Luxury

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, smooth cruise control, storage space"

Cons: "auto stop, leatherette gets really hot"

"I love this car. It's not perfect, but I do enjoy driving it. To go 0-60...well it takes awhile. It's good on gas, but I drive a lot on the streets, like maybe 80% so it averages 20 mpg. The auto stop is convenient for all the stop and go traffic, but it's pretty rough. You can really feel the car rev up when you take your foot off the brake. I'd say that is the biggest flaw. I have a back up cam, which does not come with sensors or guide lines. It's hard to tell just how close you actually are to an object without those, especially since the camera sits so low. There are two cupholders per person, plenty of storage compartments, and cell phone holders for the front riders. Overall I'm pretty happy with my selection. I only gave low ratings for performance really."

nice car but needs some improvements

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "good car for the price; good reviews from ratings"

Cons: "listed below"

"Overall, a very nice vehicle. Just a few minor issues and one major issue that GM should examine. .... major issue.... no spare tire or jack provided; they supply an inflator device with a sealant that you pump into your tire to allow you to drive a short distance. Unfortunately it does no good for a blow out. Their response to this issue was that road service is provided. I actually purchased a spare and jack to protect myself and family. I was not aware of this when I leased the vehicle and only found out when I had a side wall failure. ....minor issues.... very low chassis; numerous scraping when hitting dips in roadways; small center console; cramped rear seat leg room; single tone horn; makes the vehicle sound like a golf cart"

Malibu instead of Altima...Great Choice!

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "remote start, touch screen, back up camera"

Cons: "No spare, trunk space, no temp gauge on Eco."

"I love almost everything about my 2013 Malibu Eco. I originally wanted a Nissan Altima, but after test driving both, Malibu was victorious. The color (White Diamond Tri-Coat) immediately grabbed my attention. I also liked the Atlantis Blue and Ashen Gray, but the White Diamond looked so elegant and luxurious. The exterior is beautiful, other cars in it's class pale in comparison. I've read many negative reviews about the exterior of the new Malibu, and I couldn't disagree more. In my opinion, my 2013 Malibu IS the best looking car on the road! I've had several people compliment my car. My Malibu is eye candy! Her rear end is very impressive. The interior is just as beautiful. I love the premium cloth/leatherette seats. The 7 inch touch screen and back up camera are nice. I love the sliding cover over the front cup holders. The convenience of making calls and tuning the stereo on the steering wheel is great. There's ample storage space. I ABSOLUTELY love the electric seat adjuster with lumbar support! She has a remote vehicle starter, which is very convenient. She has the Onstar and I'm able to lock/unlock or start/stop my vehicle using my iPhone. Mylink is cool as well. My Malibu also has the universal garage opener. The switchblade key is cool. And I have to mention how cool the ambient night light is! My Malibu drives smoothly. She gets up and go effortlessly. There's minimal outside noise when driving on the highway. She passes without a problem. The Eco took some time getting use to it, but it's impressive...when I come to a complete stop you can't tell the car is on. I've had people tell me my car cut off...nah, it's an Eco;-) I have a few gripes, but nothing major. I don't like that there isn't a temp. gauge on the Eco. I wish there was a spare tire. There's less trunk space because of the battery. Also, it's difficult to clean the inside of the rear mirror because of the angle. She's a wonderful midsize family car. A lot of cars nowadays have a sporty, oval like shape, which appeal to a lot of people. Many non-owners complain that the Malibu doesn't look sporty enough, but that's what I love about the Malibu...it looks more like a luxury car. My Malibu is awesome. I'm glad I bought her. I hope she doesn't disappoint and remains a reliable car."

Bought for my wife and she loves it.

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "Low price for evrything it has"

Cons: "none so far"

"I replace our 2005 Monte Carlo with this 2015 Malibu and can not believe the power that this 4 cyl. has. Everything from fit of the seams to the metallic black paint is perfect. This car has so many high tech options it took over an hour to go through it and we are still finding things. Even has 4g wifi hot spot which is nice because we travel a lot and I will always have internet while riding."