2013 Chevrolet Malibu

8.0

Based on 122 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Astonishing technology! Unbelievably quiet!

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Pros: "Quiet, performance, economy, ride, handling,"

Cons: "None!"

"I have owned many, many cars. Not always a GM fan. Said I would never buy a new car again! Then I found the Malibu! Bought the Eco version. I haven't been in a car this quiet, over all kinds of road surfaces, since I went on a trip in my friend's Rolls Royce in the 70's! The Malibu is an incredible value platform. The upscale versions of this car are the Buick and Cadillac. This Malibu is the better choice for the money."

Great Gas Mileage

By on Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, technology, very quiet to drive"

Cons: "Back seat leg room"

"I bought this car just a few weeks after it was introduced and I have been extremely happy with it to this point. I decided to go with the 1SA with the convienience package and moonroof as I'm not a big fan of leather seats, but wanted the other options. I drive about 100 miles per day and needed a vehicle that would get good gas mileage and still had enough room for a family of 4. So far I'm consistently getting about 36 mpg, even when running the ac on hot days. I love the technology with the rear view camera and large touch-screen display, and really like being able to link to Pandora through bluetooth, which for me will eliminate the need for the XM radio once the free trial period is over. I also really like the styling which is what initially made me interested in the car. I find that the back seat leg room is a little tight - I'm about 6'2" and have two small children still in car seats and get the back of my seat kicked quite a bit. The trunk is also a little small due to the battery placement, but I don't use it that often so it hasn't really been an issue for me. It also takes a little while to get used to the feel of driving with the auto start/stop technology - it's a very strange feeling at first when the auto stop kicks in at a stop light and the engine powers off. Overall I really like this car and am very happy with my decision to purchase it."

Chose the Malibu over a BMW 3 Series!

By on Friday, September 07, 2012

Pros: "VERY affordable, stylish, great drive"

Cons: "Does not have seat config memory"

"I want to preface this by saying that I am a BMW owner and I was looking for my next car to replace my BMW. So naturally, one of my options was to go with another BMW and really weighed my options based on price, MPG, technology, performance and handling. After A LOT of research, I became a proud owner of a 2013 Malibu. I feel that I made the right choice based on these facts: 1) I saved about $12K 2) I got a car that provides great handling (believe me I tested it around traffic circles and compared it to how I felt with my BMW) 3) I love the fact that I get about 10 MPG more on the highway 4) having a hubby that knows a lot about cars and engines, his research and understanding made me confident that this car will be very reliable! Now for you BMW owners out there, you're probably thinking but what about the performance so I have to be honest and say that it does not EXACTLY have the same pick up and go but pretty darn close. I am a rather agressive driver so one of my criteria was to not feel like I could not get going like I wanted to and the Malibu does pretty darn well! Okay now for some real PLUSES! I love the ride, it's so smooth and so comfortable. Living in Colorado, I have the luxury of taking long drives in the mountains and did that was very impressed. I got the leather interior, it's beautiful and it's classy! At night, the dash has blue back lighting that is just so cool! Great sound system and supports bluetooth technology which made it a breeze to sync my phone with the car. I love just telling my car to make a call without me having to look at my phone! So again, for the value, I feel that I got a GREAT, GREAT car!!!"

The first car I owned that did not need repairs

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "Built very well/ quite"

Cons: "limited back seat room. no sparetire!"

"I first new car I have purchased that did not need any dealer repairs to date since ownership. I have had many new cars over my life time! I still have its sister car, the Lumina with 270,000 miles on it and runs still as new!! Go GM!!"

Love the new 2013 Chevy Malibu, great design.

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Great design, intrrior, exterior"

Cons: "Poor radio sound quality"

"I really love this car. I bought the 1LS model and it rides wonderfully, looks sporty. Maybe this vehicle is a little more expensive than competitors, but this is a classic American auto. I bought a 2013 Toyota Corolla and I had serious steering problems so I changed it for this new 2013 Malibu. The Malibu has a great smooth ride and the interior is comfortable and excellent design. The car gets mpg just like it says, 37 mpg, open road, and 31mpg in town. Not many cars will get that good right out of the gate. In my experience, I went to Alabama driving around 58 mph average and the car did 52mpg!"

My favorite car - EVER!

By on Friday, November 01, 2013

Pros: "About $10,000 less than most luxury cars I tested!"

Cons: "There probably is a con, but I can't think of one."

"I can't think of anything I don't love about this car. It is blissfully quiet, cruises along like a fast fluffy cloud, options galore. The White Diamond Tricoat color makes it stand out from the rest. People actually approach me to ask about it and admire it!! The floor mats actually snap onto the floor--no slipping around. Lots of storage compartments. All vehicle info available anytime i.e. tire pressure, when to change oil, mpg, etc. Thanks to the backup camera I have not run over anyone. I keep my cars a LONG TIME - this will be around at least 10 years."

Best purchase of my life!

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG, Stylish, Quiet, Comfortable Interior"

Cons: "A bit lacking in rear seat leg room"

"I've owned this car (2013 Malibu Eco 2SA with white diamond tri-coat paint) for about 14 months and every morning I drive it to work, I still feel like I'm driving a brand new vehicle! The car is loaded with every option Chevy could offer. I've averaged almost 31 MPG (getting better with every month as the car continues to break in), with most of my driving in Baltimore Beltway traffic. On the open road at highway speeds, I've seen mileage close to 37 MPG. The car handles like a dream and the interior is luxurious. It is the quietest ride I've every driven. The MyLink Infotainment system is awesome. Easy connectivity with bluetooth devices and the hands-free features are very easy to use. I receive all forms of nice comments from folks at gas stations while gassing up, which just gives me a great feeling. Many people have mistaken the car for a European model because of it's styling. GM took things to a new level with this design. When I read some of the negative reviews on this site, I just have to shake my head. Those reviews are so far from reality, all I can think is that those folks either got a lemon (which happens from time to time with any manufacturer) or these folks simply can't be satisfied. I keep cars forever, so re-sale value means little to me. I plan to keep this car for a very long time, and so I treat the car to a monthly detail. The workers at the auto spa rave about the cars good looks! I would recommend this car in a heart beat. I seriously Was considering the 2013 Honda Accord (I previously owned one for 18+ years), but once I test drove the Malibu and saw that I could get everything I wanted for almost $7,000 less than the Accord, it was a no brainer. Congrats to GM and Chevy! Love IT!!!"

I love my car!

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pros: "Receive a lot of looks and compliments!"

"This car is terrific, I am glad to see Chevy has come out with something that has style and class. I get great gas mileage, have plenty room even for my son who stands at 6'3 and sits in the back. The seats are comfortable and the safety is an A+. It took about a week to understand how the air conditioning works. If it is cut completely off, it won't come on when it's started. Some of the bad reviews would have kept me from purchasing it; but GLAD I DIDN'T LISTEN! It comes with a guide to help understand, so get to know your car because some of the reviews I have seen are not true. GO CHEVY!!"

Best value, great overall

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pros: "Great interior, refined drive, great price"

Cons: "Smallish trunk"

In the forest

"I don't know why this car had such poor reviews, because that couldn't be further from my experience. I've driven most of its competitors, and I ended up with the Malibu because it feels like a more premium car than any of them. The interior simply feels like it is better made, and the car has this confident poise to its driving that is absent in most of its competitors. Mine is a ECO 1SA and I average 29 MPG with a lot highway driving and idling (AC on while I'm working in the car). I've gotten up to 46 mpg on long highway drives, and at steady-state 55 mph driving, it gets 44-48 mpg all day long. At higher speeds, it gets closer to EPA highway (65 mph = 40 mpg, 75 mph = 37 mpg). In town it gets around EPA for me. The critical thing to get the most MPG out of the ECO in the city is to brake within the electric regen threshold, which is displayed as staying within the green box on the "ECO-gauge". While staying within that box it's possible to get 27-30 mpg in the city. Stray outside and the MPG drop fast. Last but not least, there were amazing incentives on the car when I bought it. I payed the price of a compact car for my favorite car in the midsize class."

In the forest

Attractive car and good value

By on Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pros: "Space and gas mileage"

Cons: "No push button start"

"I am very happy with my 2013 Malibu. I like the interior and exterior design of the 2013. It is a big improvement over the 2012. I bought the 1LT in taupe gray W/sunroof. It handles great and is comfortable to ride in. The interior and trunk are spacious. Plenty of headroom. I am also happy with the gas mileage. The back up camera has a large screen and is clear. I love the touch screen. It is easy to use. I wanted an American car. I seriously considered the Cadillac ATS and the Jeep Grand Cherokee, but I spotted the 2013 Malibu in a showroom and thought it looked great and was impressed by the sticker price. We test drove it and loved the way it handeled. I bought during the Memorial Day promotion when Chevy had $2,500 incentive. I was able to save a lot of money by buying the Malibu and I am happy with my decision!!!"