2013 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,838 - $25,609.

10/7.6

7.9

Based on 85 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Outstanding car!

By on Friday, February 22, 2013

Pros: "Interior, Chevy MyLink, driving dynamics, value"

Cons: "Back seat could use an extra inch of legroom"

"I've owned multiple vehicles in the past including a number of European models and this new 2013 Malibu LT is one of the best I've ever driven. Great interior and the blue ambient lighting gives it a very sophisticated look/perception. Chevy MyLink is very intuitive and easy to use. Integration with bluetooth was simple and lots of options to configure based on personal needs. Good acceleration and driving dynamics; tight turning radius and plenty of safety features. Trunk is quite spacious. Seats are comfortable and supportive. Lots of storage areas, including a clever section that is behind the Chevy MyLink/Navigation screen."

Love the car

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pros: "Power, Quiet, Style"

"It looks like most of the negative reviews for the Malibu relate to the Eco version. I do not own this version but instead opted for the 2.0 turbo. I cannot say how pleased I am with this car. You would immediately think that there was a v-6 under the hood with the power this thing has. I cannot believe how much "get up it has". One of the most suprising things is how quiet the car is on the road. Highly recommended. The only neg (if you want to call it one )is when you get out of your car after shutting it off all the lights stay on including the back up lights for 30 sec or so....not a bad idea, but in crowded store parking lots, people wait thinking i am backing out of my spot when I am actually on my way into the store."

Not Quite A Home Run, But Very Close!

By on Monday, January 14, 2013

Pros: "Style, Chevy My-Link Ease of Use, Ride, Quiet"

Cons: "Goodyear Tires, No spare Tire"

"I don't quite understand some of the negative reviews of the 2013 Malibu, especially from someone that doesn't own one. I have a Eco with the 2SA option and added the sunroof and black granite paint as the only options. This allowed me to get everything that I wanted without having to spend extra on things I didn't want. Try that with a Camry. Yes it does take some time getting used to the start/stop engine, regenerative braking and the way the car captures energy to help the powertrain, but I knew that when I bought it. My dealer even let me drive one for a day (140 Miles) before I purchased. Same with the smaller trunk and rear seat legroom, do your homework or just do what we do, move the front seat up a couple of inches. We have yet to have anybody complain that has set back there. I have also yet to have anybody say that they are disappointed. As a matter of fact, we have gotten quite a few compliments from strangers. For some reason this car looks better sitting by itself, than grouped together with others on a dealers lot. My favorite feature is the Chevy My-Link and the ease of using all of the features it offers, especially the bluetooth. The ability to remote start this vehicle from my phone is a plus, especially here in the north during winter. The ride is pretty quiet, maybe not as good as our Enclave, but not far behind. My biggest dislike are the Goodyear Assurance tires. These tires can be noisy on certain types of pavement and that does take some of the driving enjoyment out of it at times. I know the tires are for fuel mileage, but GM surely could have done a little better here. Mileage has lived up to it's billing and is even better than advertised for us. The new Malibu may not be right for everybody, but it has suited us perfectly for what we wanted and needed in a car."

This is a really good car

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Pros: "Gas milage, Quite and smooth,The Electronics"

Cons: "No locking gas cap door"

"I'm 57 years old and have had many cars through out my life. I traded in my Honda Accord for this Malubu and can hardly believe how much I like this car. I always get between 32 to 34 miles per gal. no matter where I drive. I love the way the engine stops when you stop. If you understand how it works it almost seemless. Let your foot off the brake and the engine starts instantly, press on the gas and a way you go. This car is so quite and smooth I feel its under priced for what you get. After riding in this car none of my friends can believe the price. Good job GM."

Great car for the price

By on Monday, January 07, 2013

Pros: "regular base model is loaded with great features"

Cons: "LS base model interior storage compartments"

White color, LS model

"I owned this car now for a week and I am very impress with this car. I have the base model (LS) but this is not a regular base model since it comes with bluethooth, voice command, XM radio, onstar turn by turn navigation , and I can control all of this feature from my steering wheel and the use of voice command. The vehicle information is another great feature that I like because it allows me to see the oil level, MPG, tire PSI and other necessary information about the car. I have owned BMW, Nissan, Toyota, honda and Fords cars before, and this car is out there with any of these brands. The MPG is great, I am getting about 26 local road and about 35 to 37 Hwy. Great car with a great look and a confortable interior."

White color, LS model