2013 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,398 - $26,051.

10/7.6

7.7

Based on 70 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Not Quite A Home Run, But Very Close!

By on Monday, January 14, 2013

Pros: "Style, Chevy My-Link Ease of Use, Ride, Quiet"

Cons: "Goodyear Tires, No spare Tire"

"I don't quite understand some of the negative reviews of the 2013 Malibu, especially from someone that doesn't own one. I have a Eco with the 2SA option and added the sunroof and black granite paint as the only options. This allowed me to get everything that I wanted without having to spend extra on things I didn't want. Try that with a Camry. Yes it does take some time getting used to the start/stop engine, regenerative braking and the way the car captures energy to help the powertrain, but I knew that when I bought it. My dealer even let me drive one for a day (140 Miles) before I purchased. Same with the smaller trunk and rear seat legroom, do your homework or just do what we do, move the front seat up a couple of inches. We have yet to have anybody complain that has set back there. I have also yet to have anybody say that they are disappointed. As a matter of fact, we have gotten quite a few compliments from strangers. For some reason this car looks better sitting by itself, than grouped together with others on a dealers lot. My favorite feature is the Chevy My-Link and the ease of using all of the features it offers, especially the bluetooth. The ability to remote start this vehicle from my phone is a plus, especially here in the north during winter. The ride is pretty quiet, maybe not as good as our Enclave, but not far behind. My biggest dislike are the Goodyear Assurance tires. These tires can be noisy on certain types of pavement and that does take some of the driving enjoyment out of it at times. I know the tires are for fuel mileage, but GM surely could have done a little better here. Mileage has lived up to it's billing and is even better than advertised for us. The new Malibu may not be right for everybody, but it has suited us perfectly for what we wanted and needed in a car."

Astonishing technology! Unbelievably quiet!

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Pros: "Quiet, performance, economy, ride, handling,"

Cons: "None!"

"I have owned many, many cars. Not always a GM fan. Said I would never buy a new car again! Then I found the Malibu! Bought the Eco version. I haven't been in a car this quiet, over all kinds of road surfaces, since I went on a trip in my friend's Rolls Royce in the 70's! The Malibu is an incredible value platform. The upscale versions of this car are the Buick and Cadillac. This Malibu is the better choice for the money."

Love being back with Chevy!

By on Friday, June 28, 2013

Pros: "Bold Styling, great audio - Smooth quiet cabin."

Cons: "No full moon roof available. No Cooled Leather"

"The car is excellent. I have owned the car for about 3 months now and I can't be any happier with my Chevy. Great standard HP and love the mylink controls. I wish it came with at least 10 gb of HardDrive space to store music but that's fine. Rear legroom isn't a catastrophe as other have mentioned. The driving dynamics are great.. Its quick on the turns and smooth on acceleration. I will be adding an interior light package to the car soon and the Mud Guards. A car can say lots about a person and with bold styling and a bit of trust, I am sure anyone will love driving a Chevy. Mne of course is the LTZ model, I suggest going for the 2LT or higher for the best experience. No Sunroof guys, I am hoping that they one day apply the "Full Sunroof" on this car to complete its look. They shouldn't remove the electronic parking, it gives it class and I enjoy not having that huge crank. The leather seats don't heat up so much but having cooled leather seats would have been a great add-on if available. I left GM cars to try The Chrysler Family and came running back, GM is #1 in my book and plan to buy two more cars within the next 2 years for my siblings Chevy Cruze and Spark for the New grads!"

Wow..what a very pleasant surprise. Great job GM

By on Thursday, April 04, 2013

Pros: "Value, economy, appearance, handling"

Cons: "None !"

"This car should be a game-changer for GM. I shopped for 6 months and drove many local dealers nuts. End of the day, The Malibu LT was my final pick. Style, comfort, drivability, value , safety...it is the total package. I cannot say enough how pleased I am not to mention the many compliments and looks I am getting from mid-sized foreign car owners (...that's a Chevy ? !). This is my first Chevy product... go USA !!!"

Best vehicle I've owned or driven in years!

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "Solid/Safe/Fun to drive/ My Link radio"

Cons: "2.0L Turbo engine is not available yet"

"I have been in the car business for years, sold and owned Toyotas, Hondas, Jeeps, Chevrolets, Fords, GMCs, Chrysler, and Land Rover. Never have I been in a vehicle that was this quiet, felt this solid, and had the ammenities that were this easy to use. The My Link stereo with bluetooth streaming Pandora/stitcher radio is easy to use unlike the Sync system in the Ford products. This vehicle gets good mileage for the size vehicle it is, it is 2" wider than the previous body style Malibu. The standard 10 airbags, traction control and stabilitrak gives you peace of mind knowing that in case of an accident you will be safer than a Camry, Accord, Hyundai, or Fusion. It is officially the quietest vehicle EVER produced by Chevrolet. The technology isn't just up to date but extremely user friendly making the overall driving experience of the vehicle a good one. The price point of this vehicle in comparison to something with similiar quality such as an Audi, Bmw, low end Mercedes should make this a hot vehicle! I would recommend this vehicle to everyone looking for a solid, safe , fuel saving sedan with a great warranty which is also transferable unlike the Ford powertrain warranty along with Onstar, roadside assistance and so much more. There is so many positives about this vehicle. I was reading the previous reviews about this vehicle and was a little surprised and thought it to be unfortunate. I love my Malibu, and when it is time to trade it in. I have no doubt I will trade it in on another new body style Malibu and hopefully with the new 2.0L Turbo engine!!! You have to test drive this vehicle and compare to the camry, tap the roof and hear how tinny the car sounds v.s this solid Malibu. This vehicle is projected to take 15% of low end BMW sales!"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25