2013 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,817 - $25,592.

10/7.6

7.9

Based on 87 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Not Quite A Home Run, But Very Close!

By on Monday, January 14, 2013

Pros: "Style, Chevy My-Link Ease of Use, Ride, Quiet"

Cons: "Goodyear Tires, No spare Tire"

"I don't quite understand some of the negative reviews of the 2013 Malibu, especially from someone that doesn't own one. I have a Eco with the 2SA option and added the sunroof and black granite paint as the only options. This allowed me to get everything that I wanted without having to spend extra on things I didn't want. Try that with a Camry. Yes it does take some time getting used to the start/stop engine, regenerative braking and the way the car captures energy to help the powertrain, but I knew that when I bought it. My dealer even let me drive one for a day (140 Miles) before I purchased. Same with the smaller trunk and rear seat legroom, do your homework or just do what we do, move the front seat up a couple of inches. We have yet to have anybody complain that has set back there. I have also yet to have anybody say that they are disappointed. As a matter of fact, we have gotten quite a few compliments from strangers. For some reason this car looks better sitting by itself, than grouped together with others on a dealers lot. My favorite feature is the Chevy My-Link and the ease of using all of the features it offers, especially the bluetooth. The ability to remote start this vehicle from my phone is a plus, especially here in the north during winter. The ride is pretty quiet, maybe not as good as our Enclave, but not far behind. My biggest dislike are the Goodyear Assurance tires. These tires can be noisy on certain types of pavement and that does take some of the driving enjoyment out of it at times. I know the tires are for fuel mileage, but GM surely could have done a little better here. Mileage has lived up to it's billing and is even better than advertised for us. The new Malibu may not be right for everybody, but it has suited us perfectly for what we wanted and needed in a car."

Wow..what a very pleasant surprise. Great job GM

By on Thursday, April 04, 2013

Pros: "Value, economy, appearance, handling"

Cons: "None !"

"This car should be a game-changer for GM. I shopped for 6 months and drove many local dealers nuts. End of the day, The Malibu LT was my final pick. Style, comfort, drivability, value , safety...it is the total package. I cannot say enough how pleased I am not to mention the many compliments and looks I am getting from mid-sized foreign car owners (...that's a Chevy ? !). This is my first Chevy product... go USA !!!"

Best vehicle I've owned or driven in years!

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "Solid/Safe/Fun to drive/ My Link radio"

Cons: "2.0L Turbo engine is not available yet"

"I have been in the car business for years, sold and owned Toyotas, Hondas, Jeeps, Chevrolets, Fords, GMCs, Chrysler, and Land Rover. Never have I been in a vehicle that was this quiet, felt this solid, and had the ammenities that were this easy to use. The My Link stereo with bluetooth streaming Pandora/stitcher radio is easy to use unlike the Sync system in the Ford products. This vehicle gets good mileage for the size vehicle it is, it is 2" wider than the previous body style Malibu. The standard 10 airbags, traction control and stabilitrak gives you peace of mind knowing that in case of an accident you will be safer than a Camry, Accord, Hyundai, or Fusion. It is officially the quietest vehicle EVER produced by Chevrolet. The technology isn't just up to date but extremely user friendly making the overall driving experience of the vehicle a good one. The price point of this vehicle in comparison to something with similiar quality such as an Audi, Bmw, low end Mercedes should make this a hot vehicle! I would recommend this vehicle to everyone looking for a solid, safe , fuel saving sedan with a great warranty which is also transferable unlike the Ford powertrain warranty along with Onstar, roadside assistance and so much more. There is so many positives about this vehicle. I was reading the previous reviews about this vehicle and was a little surprised and thought it to be unfortunate. I love my Malibu, and when it is time to trade it in. I have no doubt I will trade it in on another new body style Malibu and hopefully with the new 2.0L Turbo engine!!! You have to test drive this vehicle and compare to the camry, tap the roof and hear how tinny the car sounds v.s this solid Malibu. This vehicle is projected to take 15% of low end BMW sales!"

very satisfied

By on Monday, April 01, 2013

Pros: "good price, able to buy american again"

Cons: "rear legroom a little tight"

"If you are looking for value then the Malibu is it. We looked at mostly compacts before an ad that priced the malibu LS at 19 got us. I don't know if I would be happy paying mid 20's for this car, but the LS has more than enough room and features to be a bargain at around 20. I'm averaging 29mpg mostly highway driving which I feel is good since the sticker says 27 average. The backseat seemed a little cramped(I'm 5'11") but the Optima's did too. Some of the professional reviews of this car seem overly harsh considering the competitors don't even come close when it comes to pricing, which was our biggest factor. If you want a fair priced sedan with quite a good list of standard features and decent gas mileage that can easily hold three child seats the Malibu LS is for you."

The first car I owned that did not need repairs

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "Built very well/ quite"

Cons: "limited back seat room. no sparetire!"

"I first new car I have purchased that did not need any dealer repairs to date since ownership. I have had many new cars over my life time! I still have its sister car, the Lumina with 270,000 miles on it and runs still as new!! Go GM!!"

See if you qualify for