2012 Chevrolet Malibu

Based on 588 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

All around good car

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "It is fun to drive, great looking car/handling."

Cons: "V-6 gas mileage."

"There is nothing about this car to not like... with the exception of the gas mileage of the 3.6L engine. It's really overpowered. That performance costs mileage. I replaced an older, larger car with a larger engine that beats the 3.6 in gas mileage. Otherwise, we love this car."

Gas mileage issues

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "Great ride, comfortable, quality for the price"

Cons: "Interior materials quality cheap, mileage sucks"

"My 2012 Malibu LTZ is the second one I have owned. I traded a 2010 for this one. I think this one drives and rides better than the 2012 did. I love everything about it except the gas mileage. It is not nearly as good as the other one. The best combined mileage I have gotten on the 2012 has been 23.7 under the same conditions on the same roads as the 2010 which routinely averaged 32 or better. I will never trust Chevrolet enough to purchase another one and will trade this one as soon as possible."

Good buy

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pros: "Good gas mileage, nice style, quiet,"

Cons: "Fixed transmission hesitation , and head gasket."

"Bought this car used , great car overall! Good gas mileage, nice style, quiet, laminated side front windows. Large truck, comfortable seats. Looks good. Warranty repairs include: rear fender mold popping out at seam, head gasket replaced, door lock fixed, transmission switch thing fixed (there was a hesitation on acceleration ), lower control arm piston linkage replaced,"

Nice quiet car with good gas mileage for a 6 cyl

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, quiet, smooth ride"

Cons: "didn't like the 2 tone seats"

"This car has been a good car overall. My other vehicles (2 Grand Prix GTs) had squeaks and rattles by 20,000 miles this Malibu is just as quiet as it was the day I bought it. Gas mileage was good with the 6 cyl I got 31 miles on the highway traveling 65-70 mph over mountains and flat stretches. The only time I had it in the shop was for the steering gear. The car was also equipped with remote start that had awesome range. I can honestly say that I enjoyed this car. Loved all the features the LTZ had to offer."

Great car! Smooth, quiet, handles well.

By on Friday, October 4, 2013

Pros: "Very nice to drive. Pretty car (silver). Comfy."

Cons: "A little low to get in/out of since we are aging."

"This is a really nice car. Streamlined body with no "dings." Good interior, comfy seats. Quiet with good sound system."

Beautiful - Runs well - Uncomfortable seats

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "Great look, ride, A/C. On Star a blessing"

Cons: "Seats are too firm."

"This car has a great appearance. I have had many people tell me how terrific it looks. I have worked hard to keep it in top condition. It runs very well. No problems. (2009 car. Replaced battery first time Jan. 2013) Smooth ride. Great A/C. On Star is a blessing. For me, this car is not comfortable. The driver's seat feels too hard. This is no major problem, but I've decided that, after four years, I'm trading it this weekend. Someone will be getting a really great car that has been maintained extremely well. I hope they don't mind the very firm seats."

outstanding value

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

"I have owned this car for 3 years, bought it new. It now has 69,000 miles and runs like new. Easily gets the advertised 33 mpg highway and when I drive it very fast and against winds it still gets 29. I've had it up to 110 mph, was very strong and had a lot more umph to go, handled very well. For the price, I don't know how you beat this car. Handles well, rides smooth and quiet, no maintenance issues at all. It is a great looking car. Plenty of room and comfort for 4 adults going to the theater in style. This was the best new car I ever bought and I would buy another one but I might move up to the 2014 Impala."

The car has been dependable.

By on Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pros: "I ove the heated electric seats."

Cons: "The trunk is not deep enough."

"I got this 2009 Chevy Malibu the year before I retired. I get about 31 MPG on freeway trips and about 24 MPG for city driving. This has been a good car for me and I have not had any really issues. In the 4 years I have had the car, I have had no real problems."

No Regrets on buying this vehicle

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "Nice to drive...handles well. Nice lines"

Cons: "Trunk access is not good. MPG only so-so"

"We purchased this vehicle out of a sense of Patriotism....wanted to buy American. Our other car is a Lexus RX which we got for the drive over the Sierras in the winter time which we do quite often. Only the LTV appealed to our sense of line and decor as a second car. It has been extremely reliable and as a vehicle to drive it meets our required standard...but it is not a luxury vehicle. It is no Audi but pleasant to drive. The access to the trunk is not good. My wife loves it. I like it. It is a good car to drive, handles well and the engine makes a satisfactory noise when pushed. I think the LTV was designed for a target group but the MPG (20 AVERAGE)is not to our expectations"

Wish I didn't purchase

By on Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pros: "Leather is nice looking,seats comfortable"

Cons: "Transmission,throttle body etc.."

"I thought this would be a good car and it was in the beginning, stylish,comfortable and mileage is ok but under warranty repairs and the transmission doesn't give it a very good ride, I had it in the shop and was told this is how the transmission is built now and it is suppose to be this way. Had the power steering pump and throttle body replaced already, I wish I would of picked something else because now we are going to be at a loss if we get rid of it."

Value for money, fun to drive.

By on Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pros: "Reasonable price, good handling"

Cons: "Computer problems dealer has problem resolving"

"Good handling, adequate power with 4 cylinder. Seating good but not soft on long trip. Computer problems on 5 occasions. Dealer resolves then problem returns. Latest involves tire pressure readings."

WOW

By on Friday, October 19, 2012

"Hands down the best car I have owned. I have driven over 15 diffrent cars in my life and this is clearly one of the best."

In general a good car. Drives well. Looks great.

By on Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pros: "Electric outlet in the counsil"

Cons: "glare in sunlight, and trunk opening"

"Good car in general. Drives very well. Gets very good gas mileage. Has plenty of fantastic features It looks great. My biggest problems are that the ?windshield supports? are very difficult to see around and can cause a pretty decent blind spot; and the dash, while I love the two tone look, is a problem in direct sunlight, as it causes a reflection on the windshield; and the chrome, again, looks fantastic, but causes alot of glare into the driver's eyes when in direct sunlight; and the trunk, while a very large compartment, has a fairly small opening which makes it very difficult to put things into and out of."

LOVE!!

By on Monday, October 1, 2012

Pros: "good price reliable great gas mileage smooth ride"

Cons: "all around great!"

"I got this car about 6 months ago and absolutly love it! I would suggest this car to anyone wanting a nice little car with great gas mileage and the chey made all weather mats go ahead and get them also wonderful only thing I would add is the chevy impala can be started with the onstar app while you can do many things with the app such as check gas, oil life, tire air, so on and so fourth (which I love) you cant actually start it life goes on right! Over all Wonderful car!!"

Great car.

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

Pros: "dependable and gets great gas milage"

"this car rides and handles great. It is dependable and a great car for the price. It also gets great gas milage."

almost an excellent car.

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

"I have had no repairs in 26000 miles and one recall. It gets about 30 miles to the gallon at average driving. Runs very good. Conors very good. Very good car except for the following: The console protrudes into the right knee too much and it is a little hard to exit for a 62 year old. I do not like the electric steering. The stop light is placed in a bad place and It is almost impossible to see behind the car when backing. Had no spare tire!!!"

By on Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pros: "inexpensive car but it doesn't drive like one"

Cons: "gas milage isn't that great"

"I havn't had any problems with my 3 1/3 year old LT. I did have a brake shutter but that was fixed at a dealer at no charge. I will say the gas milage has never been what the EPA rated it.I get about 30 highway and 21 city."

overall its a good car. I like the neon lights in

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "good on gas, but ..."

Cons: "it uses the same as my chrysler 2005."

"overall its a good car. I like the neon lights in the car especially the ones in the center that lite up at night. too bad it doesn't let me change the colors like the ford."

Nice Looking Automobile

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pros: "Sharp looking."

Cons: "6-speed transmission..shift way to hard and sloppy"

"Nice car per say. Only thing I dislike is the 6-speed transmission. Unlike the conventional 3-speed which is smooth shifting..this transmission seems to shift hard and too often trying to find the best gear for the drive train. Very annoying especially when you first start up and drive, the transmission seems to shift extremely hard until it warms up."

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pros: "great gas milage fun to drive"

Cons: "no complaints"

"I bought this car in February of 2011 I havent had any problems out of it, It is by far the best purchase I have ever made!"

Nice car,real looker..

By on Saturday, October 1, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "steering."

"I like my 2010 Mailbu.Real sharpe looking ride,nice interior,although the steering feels a lil funny sometimes."

this car has exceeded all my expectations!

By on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pros: "fantastic gas mileage and its a 6cyl I average 25mpg in all around driving!"

"gas mileage was a pleasant surprise didn't expect it from a v6 but believe me I average 25mpg in all around driving...has never let me down no issues or repairs what so ever.."

Terrific Car...

By on Thursday, June 2, 2011

Reason: Lease return

"I leased my LS V6 Malibu in January 2008. And ever since love it completely. great, great V6. Nice and very quiet interior. Material on the door could have been a little less plasticy though. Handling was terrific. Seat very comfortable for a guy my size. I particular love the instrument panel with the adjustable pedal and dash. As well as the dual exhaust and 18" 5 spoke rims. Gave the car a very powerful yet elegant look. Stereo could have been louder. And the glove compartment could have been bigger and better designed like a Japanese auto makers. I returned this car last night to the dealer and was sad to let it go. However I do love the look of the new car and if I have the change again. Will seriously consider buying another one as long as it has that V6 and 6 speed option with 18" wheels. Overall! I highly recommend the Chevrolet Malibu to anyone looking to buy a nice decent car with a little performance to boot and in my humble opinion great looking as well. The V6 is where it's at. If Chevy made all their cars based on the 08 Malibu I had. They would give the other manufacturer something to worry about."

Love my Malibu

By on Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"I absolutely love my Malibu! I almost bought an Equinox but the Malibu had a lot more leg room in the front and back."

By on Thursday, April 28, 2011

"Bought this 2011 ltz used about 1 month ago, (previous rental) so far I love it, comfort, pick up (have the V6), Bose stereo etc. will see if my rating change with time, but right now I dont think so."