2012 Chevrolet Malibu

Based on 589 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Great car!

By on Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pros: "Quiet, comfortable, good on gas, split rear seat"

Cons: "Not enough power, hard to get into"

"I have the 2010 LT mocha/cashmere. Bought it as a program car in Jan 2011 with 16,000 miles. Now I have 32,000 on it. A very comfortable and amazingly quiet ride, like a larger luxury car. Never had any mechanical trouble. Just rotate the tires and have the oil changed. Getting 33 mpg on straight highway driving, but when I drive all intown miles I get about 24 mpg. Looks beautiful like a more expensive car. I couldn't give it a 5 for 2 reasons. Before I owned this car I had a 2006 Impala with a 6 cylinder engine and this Malibu with the 4 cylinder just doesn't quite measure up. There is a slight hesitation when you hit the gas to pass someone on a 2-lane road, but after that it has good pick-up. The other thing that I find a bit annoying is getting in and out of the vehicle. I am not a large person, but I am 59, and getting into the Impala was definitely easier. You have to lift your feet up above the door frame opening while you bend over to get in. Other than that it is a great mid-sized car. Oh, and one more really nice plus is the split rear seat that opens to the trunk. That is really handy when hauling stuff that is too long. Overall, it's a nice car, but I wouldn't buy it again. I am not in love with it. Should have kept my Impala but it had 67,000 miles and I like to trade before a car loses all its value. Hope this helps someone. I never review stuff!"

Going to miss it.

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable and safe."

Cons: "A little light in the front. The wheels spin out."

"My Malibu was rearended by a trackor trailer. It is a total loss. I walked away with only only a few bruses. People can't beleive it. I am buying another."

Great car

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

"This is a very good car for the money. It handles will in bad weather. It is a solid feeling car with a good ride."

Nice looking car

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pros: "Looks, Price, and Looks again"

Cons: "Size is not great for a tall person"

"I bought my wife a brand new 2009 Malibu. I must admit it's one of the best looking cars around. The car looks like a Benz or BMW. Overall I like this car, its dependable and runs very well. It's good on gas. The only bad thing is I'm 6'3'' tall weigh 205 and the steering wheel doesn't adjust upward enough for me to slide my knees under it. With the seats pushed all the way back and reclined all the way back I can still drive the car with my knees. Other then that I really have enjoyed this car. Also the engine strains when you drive over 60 mph other then that I would recommend this car to anyone who ask."

Not the promised fuel economy

By on Monday, March 18, 2013

Pros: "Good price for what I got"

Cons: "Fuel economy not as advertised."

"This is a good little car - have had no mechanical problems at all. Does what is should, except fuel economy is less than I thought it should be. Getting about 25 to 26 mpg on nearly all highway miles. I am mature and drive for economy, so I would have thought the car would do about 29 - 30 mpg."