2012 Chevrolet Malibu

Based on 555 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "Price, Comfort, Reliability, Look, Features"

"My experience with my 2011 Malibu LT2 has been fantastic! The drive is smooth and the car itself is sharp! Plenty of features to make the vehicle fun (aux audio input, XM radio, heated seats). Years ago my parents purchased a Malibu and now (2013) it is driving fantastic with low maintenance. With this knowledge I decided to purchase used and I couldn't be happier! I applaud Chevrolet on the work and dedication to this model. My 3 year old son and I have enjoyed every trip in this vehicle whether it is just to see family and friends, go to work or daycare!"

I have had only minor issues. Love this car!

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

"I purchased this car for my daughter because it was rated one of the top safest cars on the market. We have had minor electrical problems, and one major problem that had something to do with a "rocker arm"? Anyway $1000 later, we still have it, and it still drives like new, good on gas, and quite comfortable, as you can see by the 175,000 miles it has on it! I only wish I had a moon roof, navigation system and the "on star". That would really be sweet:) I am going to trade it in soon, and upgrade this vehicle."

Great looking, drives nice, reliability an issue

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pros: "Good looks"

Cons: "Bad computer system"

"We have had this car repaired about 11 times for an issue where the brake lights come on unexpectedly and the transmission shifts up and down. I have had enough of this problem and trading it off."

over all great car for the price

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pros: "lots of power with the 3.5 v6 blast to drive"

Cons: "steering wheel cheep, no arm rest in the back bad"

"i got a 2009 chevy malibu last year with 32000 and now it has 60100 miles LOOOTTTSSSSS of power with tthe 3.5L v6 this may just be with mine but i played the stareo in my drive way after shutting off the car for about 1 minuite and came out an hour later battery completaly dead happend a few times bought a new battery a couple mounths ago no problem and we got the battery tested and nothing was wrong with it at all so a weird little thing we have the black matalic paint it is amazing it shines the theres no tommaro in the sun we dont have the leather steering wheel so the top of the steering wheel is fall apart and about a mounth ago ball joint was sooooo lose made bad sounds and shouck out on the highway .$500 later drives like a new car i dont recamend the black interior i love the coco and cashmer beauteful and i like the grey but over all a great car we paid septeember of 2011 $13900 4 speedno options beside the 3.5 v6 love the car would make it to 200000 easy!"

I love my Malibu.

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, handling, luxury features, quiet."

Cons: "Nothing."

"The Malibu is absolutely the best car I have ever owned (which includes a Mustang and two Volvos). It rides and handles like a dream. I feel absolutely safe. It has plenty of power. (Careful: The smooth ride is deceptive; I got a speeding ticket.) It is absolutely silent inside. I can drive at high speed on the expressway, turn the radio down and keep up a normal conversation. The power seats are infinitely adjustable in all directions, including a power lumbar support. With the tilt/telescope wheel, anybody would be comfortable in this car on a long drive. I love the XM Sirius radio and the OnStar directions are well worth the fee. It is a very beautiful car; I love the look of it. Construction quality is fine and solid; fit and finish compares with a European luxury sedan. I have put 26,000 miles on this car in nine months. I commute a hundred miles a day. In the Malibu, all that driving is actually enjoyable. I get about 28 mpg overall. Storage with the fold down rear seat is amazing; I have actually hauled lumber in it. No, I do not work for GM or a dealer; I just love the car that much."