2012 Chevrolet Malibu

Based on 520 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Rides really rough, not comfortable, road noise.

By on Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pros: "new"

Cons: "rough ride and constantly at the dealer."

"Drove a 2001 Buick Century for 10 years, it was totaled not my fault. Decided an a Malibu because why pay more for Buick when it was the same frame. Have had it at the dealer a lot and they can't fix it. It is not a smooth ride at all. Older people have a very hard time getting in and out. My parents don't ride in it all, nor does my husband he hates the car. The transmission is terrible they keep putting up dates in it but what am I going to do when the warranty is out."

All around good car

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "It is fun to drive, great looking car/handling."

Cons: "V-6 gas mileage."

"There is nothing about this car to not like... with the exception of the gas mileage of the 3.6L engine. It's really overpowered. That performance costs mileage. I replaced an older, larger car with a larger engine that beats the 3.6 in gas mileage. Otherwise, we love this car."

Been a super car. I've been very hapy.

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "been a super car"

Cons: "takes bumps in road hard"

"I love this car. has been a gem. I wouldn't sell at any price but money is needed,"

Gas mileage issues

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "Great ride, comfortable, quality for the price"

Cons: "Interior materials quality cheap, mileage sucks"

"My 2012 Malibu LTZ is the second one I have owned. I traded a 2010 for this one. I think this one drives and rides better than the 2012 did. I love everything about it except the gas mileage. It is not nearly as good as the other one. The best combined mileage I have gotten on the 2012 has been 23.7 under the same conditions on the same roads as the 2010 which routinely averaged 32 or better. I will never trust Chevrolet enough to purchase another one and will trade this one as soon as possible."

Good buy

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pros: "Good gas mileage, nice style, quiet,"

Cons: "Fixed transmission hesitation , and head gasket."

"Bought this car used , great car overall! Good gas mileage, nice style, quiet, laminated side front windows. Large truck, comfortable seats. Looks good. Warranty repairs include: rear fender mold popping out at seam, head gasket replaced, door lock fixed, transmission switch thing fixed (there was a hesitation on acceleration ), lower control arm piston linkage replaced,"

Nice quiet car with good gas mileage for a 6 cyl

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, quiet, smooth ride"

Cons: "didn't like the 2 tone seats"

"This car has been a good car overall. My other vehicles (2 Grand Prix GTs) had squeaks and rattles by 20,000 miles this Malibu is just as quiet as it was the day I bought it. Gas mileage was good with the 6 cyl I got 31 miles on the highway traveling 65-70 mph over mountains and flat stretches. The only time I had it in the shop was for the steering gear. The car was also equipped with remote start that had awesome range. I can honestly say that I enjoyed this car. Loved all the features the LTZ had to offer."

Great car! Smooth, quiet, handles well.

By on Friday, October 04, 2013

Pros: "Very nice to drive. Pretty car (silver). Comfy."

Cons: "A little low to get in/out of since we are aging."

"This is a really nice car. Streamlined body with no "dings." Good interior, comfy seats. Quiet with good sound system."

Beautiful - Runs well - Uncomfortable seats

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "Great look, ride, A/C. On Star a blessing"

Cons: "Seats are too firm."

"This car has a great appearance. I have had many people tell me how terrific it looks. I have worked hard to keep it in top condition. It runs very well. No problems. (2009 car. Replaced battery first time Jan. 2013) Smooth ride. Great A/C. On Star is a blessing. For me, this car is not comfortable. The driver's seat feels too hard. This is no major problem, but I've decided that, after four years, I'm trading it this weekend. Someone will be getting a really great car that has been maintained extremely well. I hope they don't mind the very firm seats."

outstanding value

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

"I have owned this car for 3 years, bought it new. It now has 69,000 miles and runs like new. Easily gets the advertised 33 mpg highway and when I drive it very fast and against winds it still gets 29. I've had it up to 110 mph, was very strong and had a lot more umph to go, handled very well. For the price, I don't know how you beat this car. Handles well, rides smooth and quiet, no maintenance issues at all. It is a great looking car. Plenty of room and comfort for 4 adults going to the theater in style. This was the best new car I ever bought and I would buy another one but I might move up to the 2014 Impala."

the best vehicle I have owned

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Cons: "Im big and it is a little hard to get in."

"This is an excellent car. Like all unibody cars there is some road noise. Howeve this car has been trouble free and very economical to own. It is also a very good looking auto."

Good car. Handles well. Good MPG. Too small.

By on Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pros: "Good, comfortable, pretty, economical car."

Cons: "Not enough trunk room. Cup holders too small."

"It is a very nice car. The one and only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't have enough cargo room for all our stuff."

Solid, efficient car

By on Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pros: "Fuel efficient, reliable, quiet interior"

Cons: "Power steering motor, platic hub caps"

"Great gas mileage, comfortable, nice interior and exterior design, reliable engine, great features for being the 'Bu's base model. Critiques: Plastic hub caps that are alloy wheel imitations are noisy with window down as you hit bumps on the road. Makes it sound like something is wrong with the car. Have owned it since 100,000 miles and the only substantial part replaced so far is the electric power steering motor. A spendy little part at $600, and it sounds like this is a known issue with GM, and is something I am still following up on so they cover the cost of the repair. DIY maintenance is pretty simple and straightforward. I have replaced front rotors and pads, which was easy. I am able to do oil changes myself very easily as the cartridge oil filter is accessed down through the hood, not up from the bottom of the car. Very convenient. Great road trip car, despite minimal storage space inside the passenger compartment. Trunk is spacious though. Overall, I am happy with the car and would recommend it to anyone looking for a cost effective and fuel efficient platform."

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "Price, Comfort, Reliability, Look, Features"

"My experience with my 2011 Malibu LT2 has been fantastic! The drive is smooth and the car itself is sharp! Plenty of features to make the vehicle fun (aux audio input, XM radio, heated seats). Years ago my parents purchased a Malibu and now (2013) it is driving fantastic with low maintenance. With this knowledge I decided to purchase used and I couldn't be happier! I applaud Chevrolet on the work and dedication to this model. My 3 year old son and I have enjoyed every trip in this vehicle whether it is just to see family and friends, go to work or daycare!"

Not Bad But Not Great

By on Sunday, August 11, 2013

Pros: "Great side profile, pretty fuel efficient, US made"

Cons: "Low MPG, small center console"

"The 2010 Chevy Malibu is a step in the right direction for Chevy brand cars but there were a few things missed. For example, the center console is not big enough to house my inhaler, drink, and cell phone. It needs an additional compartment bigger than the one they give for the cigarette lighter. My driver's side plastic molding that encases the seat cushion on the back has popped out. I'm only 230 lbs., which is pretty average. As well, my keyless remote died on me after having the car just 3 years. These things cost $75 at the dealer and some wanted another $50 to program it. I drive in the Dallas area and have mixed driving habits, from highway to side streets almost every day, and I only get about 25 mpg on average. Overall, not a terrible car but in hindsight, the Hyundai Sonata would have been a better choice."

I love this car

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "Safety measures, lots of room"

Cons: "Back windows made air noise when down"

"From the moment I saw and sat in this car, I knew I had to have it. I bought the 2012 Malibu 3LT it screams class and breathes wealth. I loved everything about it, owning it, driving it, how I looked in it, how beautiful the car was inside and out."

BEAUTIFUL COLOR (WHITE DIAMOND)

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pros: "AFFORDABLE AND FUN TO DRIVE"

Cons: "NONE SO FAR"

"THIS IS A AWESOME CAR, FAST,COMFORTABLE, STYLISH,AND A EYE CATCHER."

The car has been dependable.

By on Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pros: "I ove the heated electric seats."

Cons: "The trunk is not deep enough."

"I got this 2009 Chevy Malibu the year before I retired. I get about 31 MPG on freeway trips and about 24 MPG for city driving. This has been a good car for me and I have not had any really issues. In the 4 years I have had the car, I have had no real problems."

Satisfied with car but 18mpg city not good

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Price, looks, space"

Cons: "MPG"

"I retired recently and sold my Mercedes E320 and picked up this dealer certified pre-owned Chevy Malibu as it was decently priced, looked good, and the reviews said 22mpg city and 33mpg highway. After 6000 miles of ownership I like everything about the car except the MPG. I never get more than 18 - 19mpg city and even on long stretches of straight highway driving I never get more than 26+mpg. The MPG is a big disappointment as all the other cars I drove over the last decade, as well as the other cars in the family today, they all track close to their stated MPG."

Great car

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pros: "ride is smooth, great on gas"

Cons: "fabric seats... yuck"

"Absolutely love my Malibu. This car get great gas mileage, rides beautifully. The only thing I do not like it the fabric seats. I wish this car had leather seats."

I have had only minor issues. Love this car!

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

"I purchased this car for my daughter because it was rated one of the top safest cars on the market. We have had minor electrical problems, and one major problem that had something to do with a "rocker arm"? Anyway $1000 later, we still have it, and it still drives like new, good on gas, and quite comfortable, as you can see by the 175,000 miles it has on it! I only wish I had a moon roof, navigation system and the "on star". That would really be sweet:) I am going to trade it in soon, and upgrade this vehicle."

So far so GOOD

By on Monday, May 13, 2013

Pros: "Power, gas mileage, roomyness"

Cons: "stereo"

"Okay, so I have this car in the LTZ trim, so it has black and orange leather interior and the 3.6 V6. The thing for one has some balls, and for two it's pretty darn roomy. My brother is 6 foot 5, and he is comfortable in the back seat and I'm 5 foot 5 and I am WAY comfy in the back seat, my knees aren't even close to touching the back of the front seat. It is sporty looking, and my dad just put a spoiler and rims on it so now it looks REALLY good. The only issue has been with the stereo. It's been replaced once and still is having issues with the USB working."

very reliable and good on gas

By on Thursday, May 02, 2013

Pros: "great price and comfortable to drive"

Cons: "has cup holders with and even in doors and back"

"very comfortable and good on gas I keep mine serviced and love it I have a car fax on it the back seat from the trunk lays down and you can carry a lot of things in it"

Stylish and Reliable

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pros: "Attractive, very smooth ride, very comfortable"

Cons: "small rear windshield, cup holders could be bigger"

"This is my first Malibu, my first Chevy actually, and I've been very happy with this car. The car itself is attractive inside and out. The engine could be a bit more responsive, but I opted for the 4 cylinder instead of the V6. The ride is very smooth, so much so that I occasionally find myself going 80mph without realizing it. If you're looking for a reliable midsize sedan and don't want to be stuck in something boring, check out the Malibu."

Great looking, drives nice, reliability an issue

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pros: "Good looks"

Cons: "Bad computer system"

"We have had this car repaired about 11 times for an issue where the brake lights come on unexpectedly and the transmission shifts up and down. I have had enough of this problem and trading it off."

Best Car choice!

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pros: "cheap insurance, looks & runs GREAT"

"I was reluctant to trade in my "all bells and whistles" cadillac, but this vehicle really delivered all the comfort and performance. It's been 3 years now and I still LOVE my custom interior Malibu LTZ I get a lot of compliments on its sporty style."

See if you qualify for