2012 Chevrolet Malibu

Based on 555 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Absolutely love my Malibu

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "great gas mileage, smooth ride"

"I have no complaints for this car. I bought it new in 2010 and have no regrets. I have been in an accident and I believe if I was in any other car I would have had serious medical issues, as the van that hit me was totaled and my car need few repairs. Everything has held up amazingly, there is absolutely nothing I would change."

Best Buy

By on Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"Best buy I have ever made as cars go. I compared this to every other car in it's class before I purchased, the value was unbeatable. Japan's mid-size cars were considerably more expensive with less features, even in the fully loaded models. I can understand why, they have the name and record of reliability. I have the utmost faith in my Chevy though, 100,000 mile powertrain is a good confidence booster. Quality seems top notch as this car looks sexy and rides smooth. The styling inside and out is very attractive. The Ford Fusion lacked kick in both the 4cyl and 6cyl models, the Malibu is sluggish in the 4cyl but the 6cyl has a lot of get up. Japanese manufacturers beware: you now have legit competition from Chevrolet in the mid-size car market. As long as I am around to buy automobiles Chevrolet gets the first look from now on."

First new car!

By on Sunday, November 02, 2008

"I love my malibu! I drive 120 miles a day for work, and i average 30-32 on the highway. love this car, great fit & finish, and great looks. some people have asked me why i bought a cadillac, and i look at them and say "it's just a malibu...", and then they realize it is! My favorite thing about it is the chrome. just enough, not too much. especially the chrome wheel covers.... they fool EVERYONE into thinking i spent the big bucks on real chrome wheels... but theyre just covers!"

GLAD I BOUGHT

By on Friday, July 11, 2008

"This vehicle is amazing!!! I'm very happy with my milage as I am averaging 26.5 mpg both city and highway with my V-6. I got the LTZ and could not be more happy with all the equipment and performance. It's a very solid ride that is equally quiet inside. XM is cool and mine also has blue tooth built in so it's aesy to follow the new law here in California. If you are considering a vehicle in this class the Malibu is truely the best in class."

Love It

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"I haven't had this car but a week, but I totally love it. Chevrolet did a great job in redesigning the Malibu. I test drove a Ford Fusion, Nissan Altima, the Malibu and an Impala. I also looked at the Pontiacs. The Malibu won me over. Its exterior is sporty but classy looking and the interior doesn't lack anything at all. I love the two-tone leather. It drives and rides great!"

Several issues

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "handles well on road, good gas mileage"

Cons: "many repairs, difficult to see in reverse"

"Bought car NEW. 5 months old-transmission replaced. At 2 years old, front struts replaced. 3 years old, trunk shock replaced. 3 1/2 years, transmission issues again... Difficult to see when backing up..."

A great car

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "A great interior experience"

Cons: "Lacks traction on snow."

"I love this car. The interior is superb. It has all the features I can think of needing. It's roomy enough for a big guy like me. The only gripe is that it is too light in the snow so it has traction issues on snowy days. Otherwise, it rides well and gets good mileage."

Outstanding car; Awesome driving in the city

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Style, practical, easy to drive, great mileage."

Cons: "Not great for tall people"

"This care is a real beauty. It is a sharp looking car and it is a dream to drive. It is so easy to maneuver in the city with easy start/stop and its turn radius is great. It's easy to park and drive. It gets great mileage and is smooth on the highway. This is the best car I've ever owned."

Have owned for 2 years and had electrical problems

By on Monday, December 02, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, fuel efficient"

Cons: "Electrical problems."

"I have owned the 2010 Malibu 1LT for 2 1/2 years. About a year after purchasing, the air conditioning stopped working (late summer), and the check engine light came on. It started again a few days later. I made it through the summer with the A/C working part time. It started again this spring. I had it checked, and the code read that the engine temp was out of range. I was told to change the thermostat. I did, as well as the sending unit since they are there together. I thought it was fixed, but it has done it again since, probable 6 weeks later. Then the traction light started coming on, and the display read Service ESC, and Service Traction. When this happens, the transmission shifts erratically while going down the road at highway speeds. I am told that this is not under warranty, yet it is related to engine and transmission. All ABS sensors are fine, and these codes come on randomly. If you turn off the engine and re-start, the code goes away, but might come back within minutes."

Stylish and Reliable

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pros: "Attractive, very smooth ride, very comfortable"

Cons: "small rear windshield, cup holders could be bigger"

"This is my first Malibu, my first Chevy actually, and I've been very happy with this car. The car itself is attractive inside and out. The engine could be a bit more responsive, but I opted for the 4 cylinder instead of the V6. The ride is very smooth, so much so that I occasionally find myself going 80mph without realizing it. If you're looking for a reliable midsize sedan and don't want to be stuck in something boring, check out the Malibu."