2012 Chevrolet Malibu

Based on 526 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Several issues

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "handles well on road, good gas mileage"

Cons: "many repairs, difficult to see in reverse"

"Bought car NEW. 5 months old-transmission replaced. At 2 years old, front struts replaced. 3 years old, trunk shock replaced. 3 1/2 years, transmission issues again... Difficult to see when backing up..."

Sporty, love my Malibu ....

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pros: "Looks & gas mileage"

Cons: "Maybe not for folks over 6' tall - little tight"

"Purchased my car 2010, use it in the Real Estate business. It looks sporty & is very cost effective on gas/mileage. Have thoroughly enjoyed driving the Malibu on long trips or just around the corner. Drives excellent. Comfortable, however, this vehicle is probably not as comfortable for the Larger in size person, can be a little tight for persons over 6 feet tall. Have had no issues with my car except someone dinged my door while at a shopping mall. The back seats fold down & makes for extra storage or room when you purchase big things. I will have this car for a long time ... just now hit about 59,000 miles & still like new."

solid quality. great value

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "very comfortable, controls well laid out"

Cons: "mileage is only low twenties"

"This car has been reliable, a pleasure to own. I get 13k between oil changes in Average city driving."

Multiple, Expensive, Little Fixes

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

Pros: "Nice to drive, good looking, reliable engine"

Cons: "Too many little fixes needed & they are all costly"

"I really like driving the car & the styling, but AC died & to replace it costs almost $2500 because the whole dashboard needs to be removed. The headlight has gone out twice & costs $400 each time to replace because the whole front end needs to be removed. It feels like it was designed to generate GM revenue from ongoing, expensive repairs."

Great car

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun and convenient"

Cons: "Needs a bit more head room"

"Good mileage, very dependable, 6 cylinder really moves! Nice sound, handles well. Back seats a little less comfortable."

Most Dependable vehicle i have owned!

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "smooth ride.. very dependable"

Cons: "cup holder area is a little bit tight to fit2drink"

"I bought this vehicle used in 2009 with 26,000 miles.. everything works great still with almost 119,000 miles on it now with hardly a lick of trouble.. just change the oil and rotate the tires and it just keeps on rolling great gas mileage.. usually get around 30-31 under normal highway driving... If you are thinking of buying don't hesitate.. I'm going to drive this till the wheels fall off."

Cons: "Mpg, cheap interior"

"In all I love my car, I bought it for a reason. It's comfortable, it rides perfect, I bought the 3.6 engine and the acceleration is perfect and it shifts oh so nicely. It handles very well. The sound system is amazing, the leather seats are high quality so i don't have any wear on them whatsoever. The exterior is very nice although I already have a crack in my grill. The gas mileage is funny because I get horrible mpg in the city and when I'm accelerating, but on the highway I get amazing mpg especially when I set the cruise. I do drive predominately on the highway, and I bought it with 68k miles on it and have put on 8k since November. So I drive a lot. The heating system seems to make a smell over time, and I have read online that's very common for people with this car. The owner before me changed rotors and now I need to change the other ones so those wear easily. And in think in all Chevy did a good job on everything other than the interior. I have the ltz so it has special chrome framing and on the inside wood, but the dashboard is a cheap plastic material. I could break it with my own hands. I just feel like they could have done a little bit better in that area. Otherwise, great car, great investment."