2012 Chevrolet Malibu

Based on 565 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Satisfied with car but 18mpg city not good

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Price, looks, space"

Cons: "MPG"

"I retired recently and sold my Mercedes E320 and picked up this dealer certified pre-owned Chevy Malibu as it was decently priced, looked good, and the reviews said 22mpg city and 33mpg highway. After 6000 miles of ownership I like everything about the car except the MPG. I never get more than 18 - 19mpg city and even on long stretches of straight highway driving I never get more than 26+mpg. The MPG is a big disappointment as all the other cars I drove over the last decade, as well as the other cars in the family today, they all track close to their stated MPG."

Best Car choice!

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pros: "cheap insurance, looks & runs GREAT"

"I was reluctant to trade in my "all bells and whistles" cadillac, but this vehicle really delivered all the comfort and performance. It's been 3 years now and I still LOVE my custom interior Malibu LTZ I get a lot of compliments on its sporty style."

2009 Malibu LT

By on Saturday, February 06, 2010

"I traded my Nissan Altima for a car which I though was of comparable value. I was wrong. It is much better. Smoother, quieter ride with more extras for the same price. I have had the Malibu for almost a year and it has been great. The only short coming compared to the Altima was that the Altima got slighly higher gas mileage."

In shop 4 times since i purchased

By on Monday, November 30, 2009

"I bought the 2009 LTZ model, at first i loved it and was talked into buying it by the dealership and trading in my saturn vue. I have had it since may 2009 and it is now Nov 2009 and this car has been in the shop 4 times so far!!! (power steering problem, air conditioning duct work, and the interior cracked and fell off, now for some break and wheel problems. I am scared that when the warranty is out I will be putting so much into this car to keep it going if I have already had to have it at the shop so much already. I barely drive this car and keep it kept up very well with all the required services. I like all the features on this car and how quick the engine is but, I have put it on the market to get rid of it because all the problems are not worth the good things about it."

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "Price, Comfort, Reliability, Look, Features"

"My experience with my 2011 Malibu LT2 has been fantastic! The drive is smooth and the car itself is sharp! Plenty of features to make the vehicle fun (aux audio input, XM radio, heated seats). Years ago my parents purchased a Malibu and now (2013) it is driving fantastic with low maintenance. With this knowledge I decided to purchase used and I couldn't be happier! I applaud Chevrolet on the work and dedication to this model. My 3 year old son and I have enjoyed every trip in this vehicle whether it is just to see family and friends, go to work or daycare!"

I have had only minor issues. Love this car!

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

"I purchased this car for my daughter because it was rated one of the top safest cars on the market. We have had minor electrical problems, and one major problem that had something to do with a "rocker arm"? Anyway $1000 later, we still have it, and it still drives like new, good on gas, and quite comfortable, as you can see by the 175,000 miles it has on it! I only wish I had a moon roof, navigation system and the "on star". That would really be sweet:) I am going to trade it in soon, and upgrade this vehicle."

Great looking, drives nice, reliability an issue

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pros: "Good looks"

Cons: "Bad computer system"

"We have had this car repaired about 11 times for an issue where the brake lights come on unexpectedly and the transmission shifts up and down. I have had enough of this problem and trading it off."

over all great car for the price

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pros: "lots of power with the 3.5 v6 blast to drive"

Cons: "steering wheel cheep, no arm rest in the back bad"

"i got a 2009 chevy malibu last year with 32000 and now it has 60100 miles LOOOTTTSSSSS of power with tthe 3.5L v6 this may just be with mine but i played the stareo in my drive way after shutting off the car for about 1 minuite and came out an hour later battery completaly dead happend a few times bought a new battery a couple mounths ago no problem and we got the battery tested and nothing was wrong with it at all so a weird little thing we have the black matalic paint it is amazing it shines the theres no tommaro in the sun we dont have the leather steering wheel so the top of the steering wheel is fall apart and about a mounth ago ball joint was sooooo lose made bad sounds and shouck out on the highway .$500 later drives like a new car i dont recamend the black interior i love the coco and cashmer beauteful and i like the grey but over all a great car we paid septeember of 2011 $13900 4 speedno options beside the 3.5 v6 love the car would make it to 200000 easy!"

I love my Malibu.

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, handling, luxury features, quiet."

Cons: "Nothing."

"The Malibu is absolutely the best car I have ever owned (which includes a Mustang and two Volvos). It rides and handles like a dream. I feel absolutely safe. It has plenty of power. (Careful: The smooth ride is deceptive; I got a speeding ticket.) It is absolutely silent inside. I can drive at high speed on the expressway, turn the radio down and keep up a normal conversation. The power seats are infinitely adjustable in all directions, including a power lumbar support. With the tilt/telescope wheel, anybody would be comfortable in this car on a long drive. I love the XM Sirius radio and the OnStar directions are well worth the fee. It is a very beautiful car; I love the look of it. Construction quality is fine and solid; fit and finish compares with a European luxury sedan. I have put 26,000 miles on this car in nine months. I commute a hundred miles a day. In the Malibu, all that driving is actually enjoyable. I get about 28 mpg overall. Storage with the fold down rear seat is amazing; I have actually hauled lumber in it. No, I do not work for GM or a dealer; I just love the car that much."

Absolutely love my Malibu

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "great gas mileage, smooth ride"

"I have no complaints for this car. I bought it new in 2010 and have no regrets. I have been in an accident and I believe if I was in any other car I would have had serious medical issues, as the van that hit me was totaled and my car need few repairs. Everything has held up amazingly, there is absolutely nothing I would change."