2012 Chevrolet Malibu

Based on 564 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Great car!

By on Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pros: "Quiet, comfortable, good on gas, split rear seat"

Cons: "Not enough power, hard to get into"

"I have the 2010 LT mocha/cashmere. Bought it as a program car in Jan 2011 with 16,000 miles. Now I have 32,000 on it. A very comfortable and amazingly quiet ride, like a larger luxury car. Never had any mechanical trouble. Just rotate the tires and have the oil changed. Getting 33 mpg on straight highway driving, but when I drive all intown miles I get about 24 mpg. Looks beautiful like a more expensive car. I couldn't give it a 5 for 2 reasons. Before I owned this car I had a 2006 Impala with a 6 cylinder engine and this Malibu with the 4 cylinder just doesn't quite measure up. There is a slight hesitation when you hit the gas to pass someone on a 2-lane road, but after that it has good pick-up. The other thing that I find a bit annoying is getting in and out of the vehicle. I am not a large person, but I am 59, and getting into the Impala was definitely easier. You have to lift your feet up above the door frame opening while you bend over to get in. Other than that it is a great mid-sized car. Oh, and one more really nice plus is the split rear seat that opens to the trunk. That is really handy when hauling stuff that is too long. Overall, it's a nice car, but I wouldn't buy it again. I am not in love with it. Should have kept my Impala but it had 67,000 miles and I like to trade before a car loses all its value. Hope this helps someone. I never review stuff!"

Going to miss it.

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable and safe."

Cons: "A little light in the front. The wheels spin out."

"My Malibu was rearended by a trackor trailer. It is a total loss. I walked away with only only a few bruses. People can't beleive it. I am buying another."

Very nice car

By on Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"The Malibu, like other new-generation American cars (e.g., Ford Fusion) is a very nice automobile. Great styling and comfort, very good fit and finish, and handles well. Although I don't give it a high rating for performance because it's not a performance car, it does have great performance in terms of the job it's designed for. I got this car after four years in a Honda Civic hybrid (great car) and I am thrilled with it. It has returned 31.03 mpg overall for the first 14,700 miles, with a best of 35.1 and a worst of 27.3. That average is for all my driving (like idling in the driveway, slogging through 6" of snow, etc.) and not just cherry-picking (200 miles downhill with a tailwind). It's a mild hybrid, and the hybrid operation is seamless. Found it to be an excellent winter car with four studless snow tires installed."

Best ever

By on Friday, November 09, 2012

"I have had car for three years and the best car and great mileage for the size of the car I,ve ever had. Gets 28mpg in towm and 36 on the highway. You can,t beat that . Very comfortable ride . Never have had any problem with car. Pretty good in snow .Great car ."

Great car

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

"This is a very good car for the money. It handles will in bad weather. It is a solid feeling car with a good ride."