2011 Chevrolet Malibu

Based on 583 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Great car!

By on Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pros: "Quiet, comfortable, good on gas, split rear seat"

Cons: "Not enough power, hard to get into"

"I have the 2010 LT mocha/cashmere. Bought it as a program car in Jan 2011 with 16,000 miles. Now I have 32,000 on it. A very comfortable and amazingly quiet ride, like a larger luxury car. Never had any mechanical trouble. Just rotate the tires and have the oil changed. Getting 33 mpg on straight highway driving, but when I drive all intown miles I get about 24 mpg. Looks beautiful like a more expensive car. I couldn't give it a 5 for 2 reasons. Before I owned this car I had a 2006 Impala with a 6 cylinder engine and this Malibu with the 4 cylinder just doesn't quite measure up. There is a slight hesitation when you hit the gas to pass someone on a 2-lane road, but after that it has good pick-up. The other thing that I find a bit annoying is getting in and out of the vehicle. I am not a large person, but I am 59, and getting into the Impala was definitely easier. You have to lift your feet up above the door frame opening while you bend over to get in. Other than that it is a great mid-sized car. Oh, and one more really nice plus is the split rear seat that opens to the trunk. That is really handy when hauling stuff that is too long. Overall, it's a nice car, but I wouldn't buy it again. I am not in love with it. Should have kept my Impala but it had 67,000 miles and I like to trade before a car loses all its value. Hope this helps someone. I never review stuff!"

Going to miss it.

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable and safe."

Cons: "A little light in the front. The wheels spin out."

"My Malibu was rearended by a trackor trailer. It is a total loss. I walked away with only only a few bruses. People can't beleive it. I am buying another."

Great car

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

"This is a very good car for the money. It handles will in bad weather. It is a solid feeling car with a good ride."

Two ECM replacements by 36K mi

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, great styling, MPG,"

Cons: "throttle body and ECM failed twice in 9 months"

"We bought this car used. It was one year old and had 14500 miles on it. We LOVE this car in nearly every way....EXCEPT that around 20000 miles we got a traction control fault on the dash along with service engine light and the engine being governed (manual says to prevent damage) which makes the car run very rough and barely drive at all at top speed of 25-30mph. Took to dealer and they reset things and checked out the car, then gave it back to us - all covered under warranty. The NEXT DAY it did it again. Back to dealer, wait for parts for four days. They replaced the throttle position sensor and Engine Control Module. No charge under warranty. The car worked for 9 months then last week my wife is out of town on a saturday and it does it again. Into the shop on Monday, they replace the throttle body the same day (monday) under warranty and we get the car back. Fast is good right? WRONG! The very next day (Tuesday) we are out of town again and same problem. Wednesday morning I take it back to dealer - they replace the ECM - sound familiar? So now we do not trust this car. When will it break again? Too bad because otherwise it is a great car. So I wonder why such a highly rated car would continue to need the same parts replaced. How long will this ECM last?"

Nice looking car

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pros: "Looks, Price, and Looks again"

Cons: "Size is not great for a tall person"

"I bought my wife a brand new 2009 Malibu. I must admit it's one of the best looking cars around. The car looks like a Benz or BMW. Overall I like this car, its dependable and runs very well. It's good on gas. The only bad thing is I'm 6'3'' tall weigh 205 and the steering wheel doesn't adjust upward enough for me to slide my knees under it. With the seats pushed all the way back and reclined all the way back I can still drive the car with my knees. Other then that I really have enjoyed this car. Also the engine strains when you drive over 60 mph other then that I would recommend this car to anyone who ask."