2011 Chevrolet Malibu

Based on 565 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Satisfied with car but 18mpg city not good

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Price, looks, space"

Cons: "MPG"

"I retired recently and sold my Mercedes E320 and picked up this dealer certified pre-owned Chevy Malibu as it was decently priced, looked good, and the reviews said 22mpg city and 33mpg highway. After 6000 miles of ownership I like everything about the car except the MPG. I never get more than 18 - 19mpg city and even on long stretches of straight highway driving I never get more than 26+mpg. The MPG is a big disappointment as all the other cars I drove over the last decade, as well as the other cars in the family today, they all track close to their stated MPG."

Best Car choice!

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pros: "cheap insurance, looks & runs GREAT"

"I was reluctant to trade in my "all bells and whistles" cadillac, but this vehicle really delivered all the comfort and performance. It's been 3 years now and I still LOVE my custom interior Malibu LTZ I get a lot of compliments on its sporty style."

2009 Malibu LT

By on Saturday, February 06, 2010

"I traded my Nissan Altima for a car which I though was of comparable value. I was wrong. It is much better. Smoother, quieter ride with more extras for the same price. I have had the Malibu for almost a year and it has been great. The only short coming compared to the Altima was that the Altima got slighly higher gas mileage."

In shop 4 times since i purchased

By on Monday, November 30, 2009

"I bought the 2009 LTZ model, at first i loved it and was talked into buying it by the dealership and trading in my saturn vue. I have had it since may 2009 and it is now Nov 2009 and this car has been in the shop 4 times so far!!! (power steering problem, air conditioning duct work, and the interior cracked and fell off, now for some break and wheel problems. I am scared that when the warranty is out I will be putting so much into this car to keep it going if I have already had to have it at the shop so much already. I barely drive this car and keep it kept up very well with all the required services. I like all the features on this car and how quick the engine is but, I have put it on the market to get rid of it because all the problems are not worth the good things about it."

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "Price, Comfort, Reliability, Look, Features"

"My experience with my 2011 Malibu LT2 has been fantastic! The drive is smooth and the car itself is sharp! Plenty of features to make the vehicle fun (aux audio input, XM radio, heated seats). Years ago my parents purchased a Malibu and now (2013) it is driving fantastic with low maintenance. With this knowledge I decided to purchase used and I couldn't be happier! I applaud Chevrolet on the work and dedication to this model. My 3 year old son and I have enjoyed every trip in this vehicle whether it is just to see family and friends, go to work or daycare!"