2011 Chevrolet Malibu

Based on 518 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Chevy malibu hybrid

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "Handles very well very smooth ride"

Cons: "Too much electronics (computers)"

"One of the most comfortable cars I've owned. The little 4 cylinder engine is enough for it to get up and go. the highway mileage is phenomenal for the size of the car. I'm 6'2" and this is the only car that the seat isn't all the way back. The telescopic steering wheel is great. The room this vehicle has is almost comparable to a 70's Cadillac almost. It has a huge trunk and spacious interior."

Very nice car and economical 4cyl gets 34mpg on

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

"Peppy for a 4cyl and runs and looks good. Looks clean even when fairly dirty."

It's a great and very reliable, comfortable ride.

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Great car and I like it much more than the Impala"

"When driving on highway I set on cruse control and the MPG is so good. I have a need for a pick up at this stage of my life, or I would hold on to this car. It rides real smooth and I haven't had any problems at all. It's been serviced every 3000 miles. Currently has 24850 miles on the car. The color is pearl, and some folks call it metallic white. Very nice paint and great wheels. No dings or dents, as I always parked in away from others, and it's in the garage when it isn't in use. It's style is LTZ which has a lot of options. Interior is leather with a beautiful walnut wood trim."

I love this car

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

"I love everything about this car and am buying new one."

Except for steering noise has been a very good car

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "mpg, comfort, quiet, dependable."

Cons: "noise in steering."

"Bought one of the first "new" malibus. Noticed a clunking noise as I was driving it home for the first time. Took it in and they "fixed" it. The noise came back. The dealership "fixed" it two more times and it continued to come back. The last time I took it in (still under warranty) I was simply told that "all malibus do that" as if it was ok because they all are messed up. This turned out to be the same problem I had with my GMC pickup. The steering column develops a slack in it and while it is not a safety issue it is very annoying and speaks to GM's failure to build a quality vehicle that they will make right if it has something wrong. Long story short, every time I drive it, especially on cold days when the noise id particularly bad the car (and truck) sing me a song that goes something like this ... Never again, never again, I'll never buy a GM again. The pickup was new in 2004 and stickered for 41k and the malibu was 28k. For that kind of money GM should make it right. At the right price a used malibu would be a good car but just know that they "all do that"."

Love this car but has minor problem

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

Cons: "Has a leak in the Interior, moonroof or windshiel"

"Sirius XM Moonroof Heated seats"

comfortable for long drives

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Looks great, easy to drive."

Cons: "not enough cup holders in easy to get to places."

"Love this car. Roomy enough for 5, great ride, comfortable interior. Looks great even after almost three years."

Great car for trade in from 2001 Ford Taurus

By on Sunday, June 08, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, ambient lights, doors open wide"

Cons: "small trunk, no onstar, no satellite radio"

She's new to me

"I had a 2001 Ford Taurus SES that I loved but it had major problems. Well I decided to stop in at a dealership because of traffic, I love car so the guy comes up and says "I will not bother you but if you have questions just ask" I had questions and drove some cars, then after everything; he asked if I wanted to see if I could be approved. I had been approved and I'm working on my credit :) They financed me for a 2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS and I never even test drove it. When I took it home everyone loved it and so did I. I had to take it back to the dealership three days later because the alignment was off a little bit. They said it was fine and turned the steering wheel back straight and it was still eating up the drivers tire. Other than the tire problem and noise from the tires the car is awesome."

She's new to me

Good value , great handling , sharp body styling,

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Pros: "Great value, style, interior appointments."

Cons: "Not as quiet a ride as I had hoped."

"I really enjoyed my Malibu LTZ. Handled beautifully, enough power and great in the mountains. The Interior appointments were really nice and dash was well thought out. My only disappointment was I felt the car could have been a quieter ride, although I may have experienced some additional tire noise due to the fact I had the larger 19" wheels , (gorgeous), and sport tires. All in all I really enjoyed my time in my Malibu. I unfortunately won't buy the new one. I'm just not fond of the new body style."

5 years no problems new brakes at 75,k only repair

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "30 plus miles per gal."

Cons: "Front cup holders to small"

"Need a SUV for easy egress . Sadan is to low for easy in & out"

Best Vehicle I have ever owned, would buy again

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pros: "Leather, Sun Roof , power seats, bluetooth"

Cons: "small cupholder spot, navigation - less, no dvd"

"I love this car... the Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4 Door Sedan is smooth, With a gun metal blackish-Gray color, I love the handling and the leather / heated seats.... The Power train is in great condition and under warranty for 5 years and 100,000 miles. VERY IMPRESSED ( NO RECALLS... YET )"

bucket seats uncomfortable squeak

By on Monday, May 26, 2014

Pros: "over all ride is good on highway not back roads."

Cons: "good gas mileage and body looks nice."

"do not like the black inside. Hit our heads every time we get in or out. It does get good gas mileage and has good leg room front and back. Dash scratches easily from keys and such."

Several issues

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "handles well on road, good gas mileage"

Cons: "many repairs, difficult to see in reverse"

"Bought car NEW. 5 months old-transmission replaced. At 2 years old, front struts replaced. 3 years old, trunk shock replaced. 3 1/2 years, transmission issues again... Difficult to see when backing up..."

Sporty, love my Malibu ....

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pros: "Looks & gas mileage"

Cons: "Maybe not for folks over 6' tall - little tight"

"Purchased my car 2010, use it in the Real Estate business. It looks sporty & is very cost effective on gas/mileage. Have thoroughly enjoyed driving the Malibu on long trips or just around the corner. Drives excellent. Comfortable, however, this vehicle is probably not as comfortable for the Larger in size person, can be a little tight for persons over 6 feet tall. Have had no issues with my car except someone dinged my door while at a shopping mall. The back seats fold down & makes for extra storage or room when you purchase big things. I will have this car for a long time ... just now hit about 59,000 miles & still like new."

solid quality. great value

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "very comfortable, controls well laid out"

Cons: "mileage is only low twenties"

"This car has been reliable, a pleasure to own. I get 13k between oil changes in Average city driving."

Multiple, Expensive, Little Fixes

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

Pros: "Nice to drive, good looking, reliable engine"

Cons: "Too many little fixes needed & they are all costly"

"I really like driving the car & the styling, but AC died & to replace it costs almost $2500 because the whole dashboard needs to be removed. The headlight has gone out twice & costs $400 each time to replace because the whole front end needs to be removed. It feels like it was designed to generate GM revenue from ongoing, expensive repairs."

Great car

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun and convenient"

Cons: "Needs a bit more head room"

"Good mileage, very dependable, 6 cylinder really moves! Nice sound, handles well. Back seats a little less comfortable."

Most Dependable vehicle i have owned!

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "smooth ride.. very dependable"

Cons: "cup holder area is a little bit tight to fit2drink"

"I bought this vehicle used in 2009 with 26,000 miles.. everything works great still with almost 119,000 miles on it now with hardly a lick of trouble.. just change the oil and rotate the tires and it just keeps on rolling great gas mileage.. usually get around 30-31 under normal highway driving... If you are thinking of buying don't hesitate.. I'm going to drive this till the wheels fall off."

Cons: "Mpg, cheap interior"

"In all I love my car, I bought it for a reason. It's comfortable, it rides perfect, I bought the 3.6 engine and the acceleration is perfect and it shifts oh so nicely. It handles very well. The sound system is amazing, the leather seats are high quality so i don't have any wear on them whatsoever. The exterior is very nice although I already have a crack in my grill. The gas mileage is funny because I get horrible mpg in the city and when I'm accelerating, but on the highway I get amazing mpg especially when I set the cruise. I do drive predominately on the highway, and I bought it with 68k miles on it and have put on 8k since November. So I drive a lot. The heating system seems to make a smell over time, and I have read online that's very common for people with this car. The owner before me changed rotors and now I need to change the other ones so those wear easily. And in think in all Chevy did a good job on everything other than the interior. I have the ltz so it has special chrome framing and on the inside wood, but the dashboard is a cheap plastic material. I could break it with my own hands. I just feel like they could have done a little bit better in that area. Otherwise, great car, great investment."

i bought this car in 2010 used and have never had

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "cheep relyabul good gas mileg long term car"

Cons: "4 celender not much on power front weel drive"

"i use it back and forth to work and around town have driven it to az. and back with out problems it rely reliable and simple good looking car after owning it for a fue years now i don't think ill ever buy any thing but Chevy for the rest of my life its now a brand i trust and rely on"

the best most reliable vehicle Ive owned so far

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "onstar, excellent turn radius, smooth driving"

Cons: "a little too low for the front end prot. guard"

"The malibu is a hands down comfortable well driving vehicle. Its very roomy for the trips we have made and the onstar navigation/car phone has come in very handy. Automatic tire presure reader has also been a blessing. We love the online data uplink the vehicle can send for diagnostics."

Complete Lemon

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, lots of options available, good value"

Cons: "Reliability"

"Normally, I'd consider myself biased to GM vehicles. I live in Michigan and my father, uncle and grandfather all worked for GM. That being said, my Malibu is the worst vehicle I've ever owned. I also have a Saturn Vue which I bought new ten years ago. My previous car was a Saturn SL which was ten years old when I traded it in for the Malibu. What I'm trying to indicate is I like to buy a new car (not used), take care of it and keep it for a long time. To give you an idea of the problems I've had with this car, here is a list: (1.) The driver's airbag system broke twice, eventually there was a recall. (2.) I had serious, but intermittent, problems where the car would crank but not start. There was never an error logged by the comptuer so it could not be repaired. After months of dealing with this, the car broke down on the highway one day and a code was (finally) logged. It turned out to be a short in the fusebox. (3.) I have leather seats which I condition a couple of times a year. Despite this, they're already cracked in a few spots. Also, the driver's seat frame broke and the switch for the heated seat was broken. I took it to an seat interior specialist and he said I should just replace the entire seat. (4.) The door lock mechanism failed which prevented me from opening the driver's door. Climbing out over the passenger seat was fun for a few days. The entire door mechanism needed to be replaced. (5.) One of the key fobs broke and needed to be replaced. (6.) The windshield wipers will often hop up a few inches and not do a full sweep. I haven't gotten this replaced, so I'm not sure what the source of the problem is. (7.) One of the air pressure sensors in the tires stopped working and needed to be replaced. (8.) There's a water leak somewhere in the passenger side. In a heavy rain water will pour into the car. I haven't gotten this taken care of yet either, it just started happening. I know moonroofs are notorious for leaks, but given where the water is leaking in, I doubt that's my problem. I think it's seal for the roof panel. (9.) The metal flap in the gas receptacle is missing. I think it broke off and probably fell into the gas tank. I'm not planning on getting this fixed. I really want to like this car. It's the first car I bought that has all the options I want, but it's been nothing but trouble for me. I have a few more months of payments left and it is out of warranty. Things keep breaking, some of them I can tolerate, but it's to the point where I'm considering just ditching it for a different vehicle. The drive and ride are nice, the comfort is nice. Gas mileage (4cyl) are reasonable but not great. The reliability is awful."

See if you qualify for