2009 Chevrolet Malibu

Based on 553 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Very Good First Owned Car

By on Thursday, January 08, 2015

"This car was a great deal. Being that I will not buy foreign, I looked and perused the market for the best rated and most street appeal. This car, after many hard months, came up on top. Not only is the inside very attractive, but the outside is as well. Mine is an LS model, and the only issue that I've had with it, is that I've had to replace the hood release cable. Figuring that it is a main component we fixed it shortly after. Wasn't very hard at all, and cheers to GM for building a car that has the look, the quality, and the return customer."

very nice

By on Thursday, January 01, 2015

"This auto has extended warranty"

Car is very small, blind spots are terrible

By on Saturday, December 27, 2014

Pros: "Okay to drive, good gas mileage"

Cons: "Blind spots, hydro planes, not roomy"

"Car is sporty and nice if you don't want room. Good for one but not a family, maybe I'm used to larger car."

Nice looking affordable car

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "Great look, good price, and nice car"

Cons: "Driver's side not made for a tall person"

"We bought a brand new Chevy Malibu in 2009. Very nice looking car, a real head turner. The car looks like a BMW it looks that nice. The price was not bad. We bought the LS base model and have no problems with it. The inside is very classy, the dashboard set up is nice and fun to look at. The car is not bad on gas V4 although it the engine does struggle when you dive over 60mph. The car gets around 25mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the hwy. We really like the car. The cons are the power locks went out after having the car 4 years, the A/C sounds very weak now like its about to go out, and I'm 6'3'' 225lbs and the steering wheel doesn't adjust upwards. With the seat pushed all the way back I can hold the wheel with my knees. The wheel does adjust downward but not upward. But overall we do like the car. Very nice looking, very dependable, and the price was not bad at all. I would recommend this car to anyone looking to purchase one. I would purchase another one if they fix the steering wheel problem."

good car.

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "price, features, comfort, mpgs"

Cons: "style is a bit bland, new body in 2013"

"About six months after having bought a kia soul, we sold the soul and bought this Malibu. That was a huge change, and was a good one! although the kia soul was an ok car, we could tell after about a month of driving it that it was not going to hold up very well. This Malibu was a complete change for the better in that regard. The build quality of this car is twice that of the soul. Also, this car has more features, and still cost about the same as what our soul was. We love the Malibu, and haven't had any problems with it. In the 5 months that we have owned it, we have put over 15k miles on it, and they have been a joy. overall, its been a really good car, and we would recommend it to anyone."